The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Block bug

NagyPako
NagyPako
✭✭
Greetings fellow ESO players.

I believe it is time now that I have a bit more knowledge of it to talk about the block bug. The block bug is in the game roughly since either Harrowstorm or Greymoor updates over a year ago and it has impacted the gameplay in a few ways for sure.
To give a brief summary of what it looks like basically after a weapon swap or entering a trila/using a door/wayshrine your character is no longer able to block despite pressing the button for it. It is not related to specific content, can happen in combat out of combat in overland zones and in trials and dungeons as well.
From my experience it is a bug that I cannot replicate on demand and its kind of rare but its really annoying especially if you play as a tank. Imagine a scenario where you are on Kynes Aegis last boss and suddenly throughout the fight you block stops working after a weapon swap. well.... happened to me a few times and since then I have some nightmares. Anyways Like I said it is most commonly happening after weapon swap in damage haeavy encounters e.g Falgravn hm, after using a wayshrine and weapon swapping. Important note is that I only encountered this issue (for the most part) when swapping from s&b bar to a stave bar. I do not really have memories of it happening in any other weapon combinations.
When it occurs your character begins to hold the staff its wielding in a very weird way and wobbles it in its hand. In combat its not always very noticeable especially when you are in a stacked fight but you will very quickly realise something is wrong once you have been smashed in the face by your opponent.
IMPORTANT
video footage and evidence of it occuring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXso_oi9Y_U
I believe this pretty much sums everything up, I play on PC EU, if you have any questions you can contact me either in game @NagyPako or on discord @vaffel#0023.
I do really hope now seeing that zenimax is looking into many things that do not really work the way it should, especially the taunt, that we can figure out what is behind this annoying bug as well and put it to rest for good!
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great post, just want to add that it is not only related to stave bar. I had this happen once in vSS as a dps. It was very noticeable and memorable because we were on the frost boss, and I could not block. I did not even get the animation to block. I was using dual wield. Everything worked except block.
    Edited by Pevey on August 27, 2021 6:03PM