Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crashing since Waking Flame update (PC)

Arbiter7070
Arbiter7070
✭✭✭
Ever since the update I’ve been having consistent crashes. They appear to just happen randomly. Sometimes in towns, dungeons and in Cyrodiil. I get no option to submit an error report. The application just closes straight to the desktop. Has anyone else been experiencing these issues since the update? Prior to the update I had no issues.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 26, 2021 5:51PM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One crash yesterday. The report feature worked for me.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    Have also experienced this multiple times, while in trial.
  • patockin
    patockin
    Soul Shriven
    same here, random crashes, once crashed when I was AFK. Even crashed with all addons off.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same... just absolutely nonstop. It's happened while I was doing a survey, while I was excavating antiquities, during boss fights, and if I sit still for too long, it seems. Have never had this issue prior to Monday.
  • khyrkat
    khyrkat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't play for more than 10 minutes before it logs me out.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4 so far
    All happened in Greenshade o.O
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For those running into consistent crashing since the update, please try the troubleshooting linked below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    i was getting every10-15 mins in wrothgar after event started today. yesterday i was timing it and was almost like clockwork 45-55 mins and i would crash straight to desktop it just instant vanished the game and no stutter stop or glitch just instantaniously on desktop. but today in wrothgar was 10 mins at max 15 mins
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    i found its got better if i lowered the view distance but you should not have to after it crashing every 10 mins i had two crashes when i turned view distance down to quitelow but is annoying seeing things not apear till close but seems to stopped crashing. since that i had 2 all day
  • deahamlet
    deahamlet
    Soul Shriven
    Want to add my experience to this thread too. Zero crashing before this update, ever. Crashed with multithread off a couple of times, had people in dungeons crash as well. I put multithread on, I couldn't complete a dungeon without crashing at least once. I turned it off again, I still crash at least 1-2 times per game night.
    The crashes for me have been entirely during fights with lots of effects (lightning staff user, you can imagine). The people in my dungeons also seemed to crash during fights. I might try the suggestion someone else had of running game in fullscreen instead of windowed fullscreen. I hate running like that, but for science I shall attempt.
  • whyterose
    whyterose
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    For those running into consistent crashing since the update, please try the troubleshooting linked below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?

I experience crashes after the Waking Flame DLC as well, at least 3-4 times per day with no error message! My crashes leave no error message, the crashes are directly to desktop without warning. I have tried several things mentioned in the thread and am still experiencing crashing issues.
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As an update posted here, we are currently investigating crashing issues related to multithreaded rendering.
    Staff Post
  • OccamsRazor
    OccamsRazor
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, sometimes it crashes 2-3 times per hour for hours, sometimes it may only crash once every couple of hours.

I had no issues before the update. I tried disabling all addons and resetting all game settings to default with no success.

I have to point out that I play from 2 different PCs and in both of them ESO behaves the same.

Usually the crashes occur when there are lots of things going on on the screen (eg. boss fights) but sometimes it happens when I'm in town chatting.

I am a return player from long ago, I just bought Blackwood and 1 month ESO+ and feel quite disappointed (thankfully I didn't pay for the 6/12 month plan, if this keeps going on I see no reason to keep bothering with this game).
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @OccamsRazor

Have you started a ticket regarding these crashes in ESO?

If so, you can post your ticket number here.
    Staff Post