Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Gamepad mode: 'Automatic' setting broken (PC) -- actually isn't

HowellQagan
HowellQagan
✭✭✭
I think the Automatic Gamepad mode setting is broken after the latest patch (Aug 17).
It no longer switches to the gamepad mode on gamepad input. It does detect gamepad input but stays on the keyboard interface.
It mostly wouldn't be an issue if it also didn't change sprinting to hold-to-sprint instead of the normal gamepad behaviour of toggle-to-sprint (toggle sprinting is a lifesaver and honestly even keyboard mode should have it imo).
The Toggle Gamepad Mode bind could be a working solution BUT it only toggles between off and on, and when it's off, it doesn't detect gamepad input, meaning you can't actually toggle between the two states just by using the gamepad, you need to also bind it to keyboard. At least it detects keyboard strokes while in actual gamepad mode...
Edited by HowellQagan on August 22, 2021 6:00PM
That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HowellQagan

An add-on may be causing issues with the mode switching with your controller. We have two help articles linked below that go over how to uninstall or remove add-ons that you're currently using.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Hey!

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the late response, I've been away from my PC for a few days.
    It certainly wasn't an addon, I made sure to test with all addons turned off, as I suspected it may be one of them and it still persisted. It still wasn't swapping the UI after reloading without any addons.
    Strangely enough it works fine now with the exact same addons, so I have absolutely no idea what could have been causing the issue.
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @HowellQagan

An add-on may be causing issues with the mode switching with your controller. We have two help articles linked below that go over how to uninstall or remove add-ons that you're currently using.
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the update that reloading add-ons has led to resolving the gamepad issue. Since the issue is fixed, this thread is being closed going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.