The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Twice Born Star Crafted Set

Jameson18
Jameson18
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we get a small 5pc additive bonus on this?

It's a 9 trait set with some really unique character that all but forces folks into going all divines. Given all that, it falls just short of other sets in the 5 piece category.

One of these?:

129 Weapon and Spell damage?
1487 Offensive Penetration?
657 Critical Chance?

It would go a long way and enter this set into a lot of build options considering the upcoming armor passive changes.

Also then, maybe perhaps make it so you have to do the Craglorn quest line to get into the crafting station as a trade off? (Again, this is a 9 trait set anyway...)

It wouldn't be over powered or out of balance at all. People would need to make choices to get what they're looking for out of it.

There's a number of sets that things like this could be done to, to revitalize build variety. This post is for this one though.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The set itself has not changed or been nerfed directly. It used to be BiS. It was other factors that played into it becoming less than BiS, though it is probably still decent. As such I would suggest it should not be changed and maybe a new set created that works with the minutes in a different manner would be a more ideal path.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    The set itself has not changed or been nerfed directly. It used to be BiS. It was other factors that played into it becoming less than BiS, though it is probably still decent. As such I would suggest it should not be changed and maybe a new set created that works with the minutes in a different manner would be a more ideal path.

What factors do you think contribute to the set losing its "BiS" viability?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like one of the suggestions where instead of granting 2 Mundus Stone effects, it just doubles the 1 you have much like the way Heartland Conqueror works with weapon traits. It also takes care of the problem of you losing the bonus when you bar swap and have it tied to your weapons.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »

What factors do you think contribute to the set losing its "BiS" viability?

Munus were nerfed.
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it was the change to warhorn years ago that knocked the set out of the meta. Not good with math but i think it was something to do with major force becoming multiplicative to additive or vice versa.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just give this set more competitive 2-4 bonuses. The current ones really drag the set down.

If this set were like:

2-piece: Critical Chance
    3-piece: Critical Chance
    4-piece: Weapon and Spell Damage

That it would see a good bit more use.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do agree that it needs a buff, but not one of those you mentioned.
    It is a "universal" set that anyone can wear in any type of content with any buff of their choice. So instead of adding penetration, add unique "divines-like" bonus, boosting mundus effects of choice by x% (subject to balance).
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    I do agree that it needs a buff, but not one of those you mentioned.
    It is a "universal" set that anyone can wear in any type of content with any buff of their choice. So instead of adding penetration, add unique "divines-like" bonus, boosting mundus effects of choice by x% (subject to balance).

I feel like a small bit of crit or wep/spell dmg is pretty universal. A divines like bonus would be quite clever and unique, lending to the uniqueness of the set as well. That's pretty cool imo.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like one of the suggestions where instead of granting 2 Mundus Stone effects, it just doubles the 1 you have much like the way Heartland Conqueror works with weapon traits. It also takes care of the problem of you losing the bonus when you bar swap and have it tied to your weapons.

Id say this would be much harder to balance, mundus stones allow you access to unique buffs that you cannot get anywhere else in the game, being able to doubble them would likely cause issues. One example would be Crit Damage. There are very few sources in game to boost crit damage, and therefore - with good reason - there is a hard limit to how high you can push the stat.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crit damage, like pretty much every offensive stat, starts to lose value the more you stack it and neglect the other stats. You can get crit damage just as easy as penetration or damage, I guess other than 2 through 4 piece set bonuses.

I don't see a problem with TBS doubling your mundus effect, considering you still have a sub par set of 2 through 4 piece bonuses.