The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we get AP for kills in BGs please?

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In deathmatch yeah, but I don't think we should reward kills in other gamemodes when it's meant to be more about strategy.
  • NylAR
    NylAR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

Only in Deathmatch and add healing & assists to this as well! Aka we should be rewarded with extra AP for healing done.
    Alucardo wrote: »
    In deathmatch yeah, but I don't think we should reward kills in other gamemodes when it's meant to be more about strategy.

Agreed - although I'd like extra AP for actually playing the objectives, defending, healing, etc.

Gives more incentive to people to actually play the modes, instead of playing pretend-deathmatch.
    Edited by NylAR on July 30, 2021 6:53PM
  • Arbiter7070
    Arbiter7070
    ✭✭✭

Every BG mode is deathmatch.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Excellent idea. Please @ZOS_Kevin take a look at this.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the problem. If we reward AP in every game mode then people will just go on a killing spree more than usual
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the problem. If we reward AP in every game mode then people will just go on a killing spree more than usual

and that's a bad thing why? You do realize that if your enemies are dead, they can't cap objectives?
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that your points and medals do contribute to your end-of-match AP currently, but the scaling doesn't seem too noticeable.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Arbiter7070
    Arbiter7070
    ✭✭✭

That's not a problem. That's a solution. God forbid in PVP players actually fight each other.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

and that's a bad thing why? You do realize that if your enemies are dead, they can't cap objectives?

Because right now people already like to ignore objectives just to get kills, which often loses them the game. If playing the objective is incentivised by giving out AP for kills (in deathmatch), captures and defenses (in capture modes) then people might actually start playing in a way that wins them the battleground instead of throwing game every single time.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • OneWingedAnge7
    OneWingedAnge7
    ✭✭✭
    AP for capping objs too?

Or, just give considerably more AP per completed match in general?

I'd be a lot more inclined to queue for BG's if I felt like I was getting more AP/time spent vs plodding around in Cyrodiil for 15-20 mins.
  • Arbiter7070
    Arbiter7070
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Because right now people already like to ignore objectives just to get kills, which often loses them the game. If playing the objective is incentivised by giving out AP for kills (in deathmatch), captures and defenses (in capture modes) then people might actually start playing in a way that wins them the battleground instead of throwing game every single time.

Doubtful. AP is very easy to get. Deatmatch players will continue to be deatmatch players regardless of whether there is more AP or not. In high MMR bg's or in premades it's actually pretty standard for no one to play the objective as it shortens the game. Deathmatch players aren't going to care and it's not going to stop until ZOS gives a deathmatch only queue.
  • Spurius_Lucilius
    Spurius_Lucilius
    ✭✭✭
    Giving objectives in BG AP reward won't change hiow deathmatch players play, but at least it would be a step for improving the BG experience.
    PC NA Casual/PVP
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The killing spree generally ends up in them getting zerged down and dying because they don't stick or communicate with the group. They just run around looking for kills and end up losing the match. Battlegrounds is more about strategy than mindless bloodlust, except for DM of course. Go nuts in that mode for all I care.

Edited by Alucardo on July 31, 2021 8:16AM
  • NylAR
    NylAR
    ✭✭✭✭

Lmfao. I can't even... It's a problem, okay? Period.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NylAR wrote: »

Lmfao. I can't even... It's a problem, okay? Period.

Exactly. It's as annoying as a fake tank. You are in Chaos Ball, not Death Match. Maybe work with the team [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 2, 2021 5:57PM
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NylAR wrote: »

Only in Deathmatch and add healing & assists to this as well! Aka we should be rewarded with extra AP for healing done.

Agreed - although I'd like extra AP for actually playing the objectives, defending, healing, etc.

Gives more incentive to people to actually play the modes, instead of playing pretend-deathmatch.

Good perspective. It means those who ignore the objectives and choose to play deathmatch get less as it should be.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys are so passionate about BGs and objective games. Why aren’t you demanding ZOS create a DM queue and other queue option? It would solve everything wouldn’t it?
    Edited by Skoomah on July 31, 2021 11:31PM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are so passionate about BGs and objective games. Why aren’t you demanding ZOS create a DM queue and other queue option? It would solve everything wouldn’t it?

The issue this thread seems to seek to address is making BGs in general more appealing through making them a good source of AP. However, there is concern regarding the source of that AP and making sure that the AP rewarded is given in return for playing the objectives of the specific BG match type - ie. for helping your team win.

A separate Deathmatch queue would perhaps be useful, but that is a discussion for a different thread.
    Edited by ealdwin on August 1, 2021 1:49AM
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The point of the thread was to highlight the lack of incentive to kill people in BGs. Some game modes are mini games that I wouldn’t consider PvP.