The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please buff the overworld enemies.

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    So you are saying players that want more immersion/challange should be punished by less loot per play session?

A punishment would be taking something away. Not adding something is not a punishment.

So you are saying that adding x12 rewards for veteran overland content will not be punishing those who can't complete it? Will not create an unfair advantage? Since it is "not adding something" to the normal mode. In my book it will be unfair.
    Edited by zvavi on August 1, 2021 6:57PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are saying players that want more immersion/challange should be punished by less loot per play session?

A punishment would be taking something away. Not adding something is not a punishment.

So you are saying that adding x12 rewards for veteran overland content will not be punishing those who can't complete it? Will not create an unfair advantage? Since it is not "not adding something" to the normal mode. In my book it will be unfair.

All I said is that the drops and quest rewards of the base game and storyline quests should remain the same regardless of any optional difficulties that may be introduced. And not giving more and/or better rewards to higher difficulties of these enemies is not a punishment.

We need to just agree to disagree at this point.
    PCNA
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I said is that the drops and quest rewards of the base game and storyline quests should remain the same regardless of any optional difficulties that may be introduced. And not giving more and/or better rewards to higher difficulties of these enemies is not a punishment.

We need to just agree to disagree at this point.

I still don't understand your reasoning for no more rewards for harder difficulty. Take dungeons for example, you get better (purple) and more (higher quality chests) rewards for vet, and yet everyone still farm normal for gear because it is more time efficient. Since it is proven (by dungeons) that it will not be unfair towards those that run normal, why shouldn't vet rewards be better (quantity-wise).
    Edited by zvavi on August 1, 2021 7:56PM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's about 50/50 for these kind of threads. Some people are like "the challenge / things not being 'boring, is the reward! We don't need/shouldn't have more loot", while others are "and of course we should get more loot & xp!"

The problem with "optional" difficulty settings that give more loot, is that the More Loot is a draw for people who can't manage the difficulty. Who then complain about the difficulty and/or say that it's not really an "option" because the More Loot is "forcing" them to do it in order to keep up/stay competitive/whatever.

Of course, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone try to connect difficulty (or 'fairness') with "immersion".
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, I did say quest rewards stay the same, and was talking only about mob drops. And second of all, how is it unfair? Players in better gear can already go and kill things faster. I can get more rewards by killing more stuff already. Adding harder mode with better rewards will not create more unfair advantage than what is already in existence.

It is logical that the more mobs you kill the more mobs you will be looting. I want to clarify that the more difficult mobs won't each individually drop more loot than the regular mobs.

Adding harder modes with better rewards is unfair because we aren't talking about optional end game veteran dungeons, trials and arenas with their established difficulties. We are talking about the base game that is for everyone.

But the same amount of rewards is available to everyone in such a system. You can chose to 1. Kill more mobs or 2. Kill stronger mobs. Both of those actions will take you similar amount of time. If they take the same amount of time, why wouldn't they give the same reward?

PS it is logical that stronger bandit has more capital on him.

So it is about the rewards then. A lot of us have always suspected that to be the case. That said, I have infinite respect for those who decry the idea of better rewards and say they just want a better challenge.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone try to connect difficulty (or 'fairness') with "immersion".

This is what it was always about. I know many people that don't quest/quest less because the enemies are too easy. If we wanted a visual novel we would go read a visual novel, but to get immersed in the story where we are the hero against the big bad guy, we need the big bad guy to actually be a big bad guy.

Even in the original op's message you can see hints at that, when he is talking about "the journey".

This thread is full of people asking "only a hardmode scroll for story bosses". Well, that's the easy thing to implement.
    Edited by zvavi on August 1, 2021 8:12PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know many people that don't quest/quest less because the enemies are too easy.

I quest more because the enemies are easy and it's not a constant struggle. I like feeling strong and being able to complete my quest objectives without being stuck for days on a story boss, like happened before One Tamriel.

I am the hero, after all. I should feel like one. Being beaten down by base level enemies doesn't do that. The frustration of that actually ruins the immersion for me.
    Edited by SilverBride on August 1, 2021 8:16PM
    PCNA
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    First of all, I did say quest rewards stay the same, and was talking only about mob drops. And second of all, how is it unfair? Players in better gear can already go and kill things faster. I can get more rewards by killing more stuff already. Adding harder mode with better rewards will not create more unfair advantage than what is already in existence.

It is logical that the more mobs you kill the more mobs you will be looting. I want to clarify that the more difficult mobs won't each individually drop more loot than the regular mobs.

Adding harder modes with better rewards is unfair because we aren't talking about optional end game veteran dungeons, trials and arenas with their established difficulties. We are talking about the base game that is for everyone.

But the same amount of rewards is available to everyone in such a system. You can chose to 1. Kill more mobs or 2. Kill stronger mobs. Both of those actions will take you similar amount of time. If they take the same amount of time, why wouldn't they give the same reward?

So it is about the rewards then. A lot of us have always suspected that to be the case. That said, I have infinite respect for those who decry the idea of better rewards and say they just want a better challenge.

Ok. I played for an hour. Regardless of the mode I played, I got the same amount of rewards total throughout my play time. Please explain to me how I got an unfair advantage against those in normal mode reward, more rewards, like I am 5 years old. Because I really, honestly, sincerely, do not understand.
    Edited by zvavi on August 1, 2021 8:23PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know many people that don't quest/quest less because the enemies are too easy.

I quest more because the enemies are easy and it's not a constant struggle. I like feeling strong and being able to complete my quest objectives without being stuck for days on a story boss, like happened before One Tamriel.

I am the hero, after all. I should feel like one. Being beaten down by base level enemies doesn't do that. The frustration of that actually ruins the immersion for me.

And I never suggested to take that from you! I sincerely believe that it is beautiful you can enjoy that.

But for me and many others it ruins immersion. Where all the enemies, regardless if they are the smallest bandit to the biggest badass bad guy, just pop easily under my thumb. It doesn't make me feel like a hero. It makes me feel like a Deus ex machina kinda demi-god.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. I played for an hour. Regardless of the mode I played, I got the same amount of rewards total throughout my play time. Please explain to me how I got an unfair advantage against those in normal mode reward like I am 5 years old. Because I really, honestly, sincerely, do not understand.

We only have one overland. What did you do to play a different mode?
    PCNA
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. I played for an hour. Regardless of the mode I played, I got the same amount of rewards total throughout my play time. Please explain to me how I got an unfair advantage against those in normal mode reward like I am 5 years old. Because I really, honestly, sincerely, do not understand.

Press a momento in my inventory, which debuffs me and makes me take more damage and deal less damage, while giving small boost to rewards. As a direct consequence I take longer to kill stuff, so my total reward over 1 hour of play stays the same.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Press a momento in my inventory, which debuffs me and makes me take more damage and deal less damage, while giving small boost to rewards. As a direct consequence I take longer to kill stuff, so my total reward over 1 hour of play stays the same.

Oh what memento is that? I'd like to play around with that too!
    Edited by SilverBride on August 1, 2021 8:26PM
    PCNA
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok. I played for an hour. Regardless of the mode I played, I got the same amount of rewards total throughout my play time. Please explain to me how I got an unfair advantage against those in normal mode reward, more rewards, like I am 5 years old. Because I really, honestly, sincerely, do not understand.

I never mentioned anything about an unfair advantage.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That sounds like something that makes you weaker, not something that makes mobs stronger. How is it immersive for that to lead to better rewards?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too! Hence the suggestion I have posted here and tried to defend while being accused of "just wanting better rewards" for a whole page of comments. As the dungeon example proved

Take dungeons for example, you get better (purple) and more (higher quality chests) rewards for vet, and yet everyone still farm normal for gear because it is more time efficient. Since it is proven (by dungeons) that it will not be unfair towards those that run normal, why shouldn't vet rewards be better (quantity-wise).
    it does not exclusively mean unfair advantage towards those who don't use the theoretically implemented momento.
    Edited by zvavi on August 1, 2021 8:33PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too! Hence the suggestion I have posted here and tried to defend while being accused of "just wanting better rewards" for a whole page of comments.

Ohhhh so it was a hypothetical memento that you were suggesting? I was looking through my list to see what one you were talking about so I could test it!
    PCNA
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too! Hence the suggestion I have posted here and tried to defend while being accused of "just wanting better rewards" for a whole page of comments.

Ohhhh so it was a hypothetical memento that you were suggesting? I was looking through my list to see what one you were talking about so I could test it!

You could just compare doing a quest in crag to doing a quest in deshaan for the specifics, quest gear quality is the same, but you get more gold and loot in craglorn because you kill more enemies. Even though I still think crag is a bad example since enemies give a bit too much xp for balance. So imagine that dropwise it is the difference. And assume xp would have been the same.

PS: naturally I was talking about my suggestion, since he said my suggestion is all about better rewards, so I asked him how did my specific suggestion shows that I actually want to get better rewards in the hour I played. Still waiting for an answer.
    Edited by zvavi on August 1, 2021 8:49PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mentioned that I just wanted better rewards. Please explain how I got better rewards in the 1 hour I played.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That sounds like something that makes you weaker, not something that makes mobs stronger. How is it immersive for that to lead to better rewards?

By making you weaker (while saying that mobs get stronger) you get the immersion, while not splitting player base. Same way One Tamriel scale everyone to 160, essentially making gear weaker when you level up, not really immersive if you look at the facts, but does give "gear progression" feeling of new gear is stronger.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mentioned that I just wanted better rewards. Please explain how I got better rewards in the 1 hour I played.

No, I didn't say that either. I said it was about rewards, which is indeed all you've been talking about for many comments, Earlier you said "without the extra loot I would be wasting more time by fighting harder enemies, for the same reward."
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I didn't say that either. I said it was about rewards, which is indeed all you've been talking about for many comments, Earlier you said "without the extra loot I would be wasting more time by fighting harder enemies, for the same reward."

Ok. Please enlighten me how wanting option harder content with fair rewards is more about the rewards like you were implying while saying "So it is about the rewards then."
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure he was only talking about rewards after getting accused of that as an ulterior motive.. It exactly like the last thread. Its almost like perfectly planned tactics.. It goes like this

I'd like an option for harder content please.
    No you can't cos that would mean better rewards
    I'm not bothered about rewards, but that wouldn't unbalance stuff anyway because it would take longer to farm so even out, and isn't the essence of mmos that harder content gives better loot?
    Yes it would unbalance stuff.
    No it wouldn't
    Etc. Etc. Etc.until..
    See I knew you only wanted the rewards! [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 2, 2021 10:47AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    See I knew you only wanted the rewards! [snip]

I will never give up.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 2, 2021 10:48AM
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Nope!

I originally played back in the day of REQUIRED ESO+ & Vet Level 14 was the max.

You had to take each zone, one at a time, "grind" it out, and most of the time, you needed to group to beat stuff, or just zip by it w/ max run speed so you didn't die. You ALSO HAD TO change gear every 5 levels if you EVEN wanted to SOLO, or you'd be taking so MUCH damage, and OUTPUTTING so little damage that you'd be stuck on the same quest for days.

It also took you, 8 hours a day, with Xp scrolls on, running in "groups" quickly, over 6 months to reach Vet Level 14, and that's IF you had your crafting up/on par w/ your leveling speed, so you could keep making your gear.

Dungeons completed SOLO, was not even attempted by anyone until you'd been in game and ACTUALLY farmed a monster set, which back then, took upwards of another 3 months.

So it took you a YEAR just to attempt that....

Then, IC came around. Only way to do it was in ZERG mode unless you actually were a glutton for punishment/deaths over and over, as it was the place, and only way to get SET jewelry. So, unless RNG was with you, there was a couple more months, and tons of farming....

But anyway, NOW, you got a game that caters to everyone, and makes ZOS tons of $$$.

And this all above is why I left. I played to early to "party/group" and couldn't solo most of the content. And "running" by it all got BORING!!

It's NOT their fault that you, whom has burned down all content, gotten to META(which is for Trials/Dungeons/Solo Trials), want to "return" to Overland/Story and can face tank/one shot everything. Dude/Dudette, you ARE GEARED for end game content, NOT the content that new players/casual players still die in....

You are OP. Please quit trying to make it about you.

Go do the CONTENT you are built for. NOT the content that is supposed to be for players leveling up, with "dropped" gear/at level gear.

WE STILL DIE, constantly...

Hell, just today, I got smoked twice by mobs, and even with the "help" of a VET, on a WB that can one shot.

Game is good as is.

Stick with the content for your "meta" build, or move on. You requesting to change the fundamental game to fit your needs, and the "small" pool like you, OVER the masses of everyone else is futile.

Maybe you should just move on and play something differents.

I returned because I'm NOT forced to use ESO+, I can solo anything outside of dungeons, which I hate, and I can survive w/o the PvP skills, unlike, back in the day, you HAD to have them, or you wouldn't be allowed into groups....

Game is in a Great place, please quit trying to change that fact with your petty wants.

Majority rules....Sorry to say.

JMO, so don't get bent out of shape over it...
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope!

I originally played back in the day of REQUIRED ESO+ & Vet Level 14 was the max.

You had to take each zone, one at a time, "grind" it out, and most of the time, you needed to group to beat stuff, or just zip by it w/ max run speed so you didn't die. You ALSO HAD TO change gear every 5 levels if you EVEN wanted to SOLO, or you'd be taking so MUCH damage, and OUTPUTTING so little damage that you'd be stuck on the same quest for days.

It also took you, 8 hours a day, with Xp scrolls on, running in "groups" quickly, over 6 months to reach Vet Level 14, and that's IF you had your crafting up/on par w/ your leveling speed, so you could keep making your gear.

Dungeons completed SOLO, was not even attempted by anyone until you'd been in game and ACTUALLY farmed a monster set, which back then, took upwards of another 3 months.

So it took you a YEAR just to attempt that....

Then, IC came around. Only way to do it was in ZERG mode unless you actually were a glutton for punishment/deaths over and over, as it was the place, and only way to get SET jewelry. So, unless RNG was with you, there was a couple more months, and tons of farming....

But anyway, NOW, you got a game that caters to everyone, and makes ZOS tons of $$$.

And this all above is why I left. I played to early to "party/group" and couldn't solo most of the content. And "running" by it all got BORING!!

It's NOT their fault that you, whom has burned down all content, gotten to META(which is for Trials/Dungeons/Solo Trials), want to "return" to Overland/Story and can face tank/one shot everything. Dude/Dudette, you ARE GEARED for end game content, NOT the content that new players/casual players still die in....

You are OP. Please quit trying to make it about you.

Go do the CONTENT you are built for. NOT the content that is supposed to be for players leveling up, with "dropped" gear/at level gear.

WE STILL DIE, constantly...

Hell, just today, I got smoked twice by mobs, and even with the "help" of a VET, on a WB that can one shot.

Game is good as is.

Stick with the content for your "meta" build, or move on. You requesting to change the fundamental game to fit your needs, and the "small" pool like you, OVER the masses of everyone else is futile.

Maybe you should just move on and play something differents.

I returned because I'm NOT forced to use ESO+, I can solo anything outside of dungeons, which I hate, and I can survive w/o the PvP skills, unlike, back in the day, you HAD to have them, or you wouldn't be allowed into groups....

Game is in a Great place, please quit trying to change that fact with your petty wants.

Majority rules....Sorry to say.

JMO, so don't get bent out of shape over it...

Did you read the thread or just the OP?

Most are aware of your views and those like you, and so are only asking for an OPTIONAL difficulty setting that only impacts your character when you choose to flag it. Like many single player games have.

If you like it as is, use the default setting.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well - in this game neither the majority nor the minority rule; the devs do.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    @Iccotak

In the bit you quoted from my post about the bigger snd badder gear you totally missed the point I was making.

I know people are not asking to make it the equivalent of endgame but they want it to be a challenge.

And always with bigger challenge better rewards are wanted.

Better rewards means stronger more powerful characters.

Stronger more powerful characters mean the new harder overland is no longer the challenge that people wanted.

It makes it no different to what we already have. And as a result after six months or so the whole merry go round starts again and people start complaining overland isn't tough enough.

The other knock on effect is that as overland gets harder end game gets easier. The new bigger & badder gear makes end game a whole lot easier, which then means that either trials and dungeons need buffing or we accept that Godslayer isn't so hard to do (I play console)

But thats a part of the harder overland plus better rewards that never gets mentioned

[snip]

what "Better Rewards" are we talking about here?

A color improvement of something you already find in overland? Green to Blue - and Blue to Purple. Ok I don't see a problem there, no one is saying that Vet Overland should drop completely separate sets that are more powerful...

Mythics can only be obtained if you have scrying skill - so what exactly are these "Better Rewards" that you're talking about?

This slippery slope argument just doesn't work when you take even a minute to think about it
    IMO, overworld difficulty is fine. I do not want every passing wolf and skeever to be in danger of killing me at any level.

What I think could use a buff are quest enemies, the bosses in particular. It's ridiculous when the Big Bad who has been threatening you for an entire story melts in seconds, often before they are even done taunting you with their evil gloating.

I'd like more instanced (group instanced, so you can bring friends if you want) quest areas with optional veteran difficulty level. This would also solve the problem of random people intruding on your story and sometimes killing bosses out from under you, which has long gotten on my nerves in this game.

That last point is the real issue for me. Solo play in the Story content is boring but even more so if you bring friends. How can this be TES with friends if there is no point or enjoyment in playing the story with friends??
    IMO, overworld difficulty is fine. I do not want every passing wolf and skeever to be in danger of killing me at any level.

What I think could use a buff are quest enemies, the bosses in particular. It's ridiculous when the Big Bad who has been threatening you for an entire story melts in seconds, often before they are even done taunting you with their evil gloating.

I'd like more instanced (group instanced, so you can bring friends if you want) quest areas with optional veteran difficulty level. This would also solve the problem of random people intruding on your story and sometimes killing bosses out from under you, which has long gotten on my nerves in this game.

I think a way for a player to choose the difficulty of the quest bosses is very reasonable, because it would make the fight enjoyable for some but not be forced on anyone.

I don't agree with instanced areas in overland because it will divide the playerbase and leave less players in each instance to form groups with.

Ok so which one is it for this hypothetical separate harder instance

There is hardly anyone who would use the feature - OR - it would split the player base too much

You can't have it both ways.

OR the devs could actually make the story appealing for people that are NOT just beginners or very laid back playstyles.

There actually is a demand for hard questing - not just hard endgame challenges - but for Questing, the Story itself to actually Be Hard. Where combat puts players in positions to think about what they are doing - this is especially true for Main Story content where we are dealing with a Threat to Tamriel, or even the Universe.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 2, 2021 10:51AM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Me too! Hence the suggestion I have posted here and tried to defend while being accused of "just wanting better rewards" for a whole page of comments. As the dungeon example proved

Take dungeons for example, you get better (purple) and more (higher quality chests) rewards for vet, and yet everyone still farm normal for gear because it is more time efficient. Since it is proven (by dungeons) that it will not be unfair towards those that run normal, why shouldn't vet rewards be better (quantity-wise).
    it does not exclusively mean unfair advantage towards those who don't use the theoretically implemented momento.

Here's the problem with this solution - it's no different from saying to just wear white gear and use only a couple skills.

Many of us have tried this solution - it doesn't change the fact that the enemies themselves are incapable, limited, slow, and boring.

Nerfing ourselves doesn't solve the problem because the enemies don't have any interesting mechanics Nor are they fast enough in the first place.

The combat is designed for complete beginners, who are learning it all for the first time. That is very evident with Story Bosses.

The combat will only get more exciting and fun if in a separate instance where it is no longer for complete beginners. Where enemies and bosses use more abilities, move faster, and do more damage.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »

Here's the problem with this solution - it's no different from saying to just wear white gear and use only a couple skills.

Many of us have tried this solution - it doesn't change the fact that the enemies themselves are incapable, limited, slow, and boring.

Nerfing ourselves doesn't solve the problem because the enemies don't have any interesting mechanics Nor are they fast enough in the first place.

The combat is designed for complete beginners, who are learning it all for the first time. That is very evident with Story Bosses.

The combat will only get more exciting and fun if in a separate instance where it is no longer for complete beginners. Where enemies and bosses use more abilities, move faster, and do more damage.

I agree that my solution is not perfect and may not appeal to all, but it is much much less work (no need to create every boss twice/trice) and it enables playing together with friends of different levels. Your preferred solution (which in all honesty very appealing) is but a pipe dream, for three reasons, one, zos stated in the past that they do not want to split player base and want everyone to play everywhere (one Tamriel), two, lots of work, three, poor server performance won't handle more complicated faster enemies.
    Edited by zvavi on August 2, 2021 12:24AM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »

I agree that my solution is not perfect and may not appeal to all, but it is much much less work (no need to create every boss twice/trice) and it enables playing together with friends of different levels. Your preferred solution (which in all honesty very appealing) is but a pipe dream, for three reasons, one, zos stated in the past that they do not want to split player base and want everyone to play everywhere (one Tamriel), two, lots of work, three, poor server performance won't handle more complicated faster enemies.

I agree that it is unrealistic - which is why my primary hope is a reform of quest bosses to have difficulty options with real challenge. That's far more realistic and attainable.

But the "Self Nerf" for overland is not just imperfect, it is completely ineffective.

"Self Nerf" solutions are about the same as doing nothing at all. That's my point.