The Gold Road Chapter โ€“ which includes the Scribing system โ€“ and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Please buff the overworld enemies.

Vhozek
Vhozek
โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
โœญ
I just got done playing New World beta for 10 hours and the difficulty level in that game is amazing. ESO is my first MMO and New World would be my second so I don't know if it's normal but, certain areas had specific level enemies and they just completely destroyed me every time I tried to fight them. It wasn't even discouraging, it just made me want to beat them even more. Someone please take a look at that system and replicate it because I feel much more incentivized to play that game. Even the combat is similar but feels much more fleshed out and with some weight behind each attack. It feels ALIVE and I want ESO to feel that way too.
Reminder that we already have companions that can make the game easier for casual players so it won't hurt them at all to make the overworld more difficult. Also, if you're concerned that certain zones will feel bad due to enemies being too weak after you have leveled up, does that not make sense? You leveled up to be stronger, not up to par with overworld mobs. Plus you will already be doing raids/trials and high level content at that point, not trying to progress anymore. Probably the ONLY concern is quest bosses being too weak once you decide to come back to quest at max level.

IF THIS GAME IS NOT ABOUT THE JOURNEY, THEN YOU MIGHT AS WELL START SELLING MAX LEVEL CHARACTERS IN THE SHOP.
Edited by Vhozek on July 30, 2021 10:21PM
๐—ก๐—ผ๐˜ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐˜†, ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐˜€. ๐—™๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ ๐—•๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ
    Here we go again.. prepare for a long debate :#
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ

It's just impossible to ignore how good it feels to get your ass kicked by basic enemies but coming back a few minutes later to match or straight up beat them. It's a feeling of accomplishment with basically every fight, even if the enemies are your own level or slightly lower due to ability cooldowns.
    ๐—ก๐—ผ๐˜ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐˜†, ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐˜€. ๐—™๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ ๐—•๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญโœญโœญ
    I will say it from my point of view,I play mostly as a healer character,I also quest with her as she is my main.
    I do little dmg because you know,Healer.For me some enemies take some time to kill and I am fine that way.
    Not everyone plays as a DD and one shots every mob.
    If they would buff enemies with health and dmg it would just be more tedious to kill them.
    If I want to have a challange I go into a vet dungeon/trial or I try to solo a DLC worldboss on my own :)
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ
    I will say it from my point of view,I play mostly as a healer character,I also quest with her as she is my main.
    I do little dmg because you know,Healer.For me some enemies take some time to kill and I am fine that way.
    If they would buff enemies with health and dmg it would just be more tedious to kill them.
    If I want to have a challange I go into a vet dungeon/trial or I try to solo a DLC worldboss on my own :)

Healers stack magicka and could slot SOME damage abilities. Not ALL of your abilities will be heal abilities. Who are you even healing early game other than yourself with instant HP regen, potions, food, low enemy damage, and a single heal spell which is all you need? You also have a tank companion to make it even easier and there's not a single class in the game that does not provide you with at least one damage ability at all points of progression.
    Edited by Vhozek on July 30, 2021 8:41AM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญโœญโœญ

Seems so,it is almost a mandatory weekly thing now on this forum :lol:
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ
    Vhozek wrote: ยป

It's just impossible to ignore how good it feels to get your ass kicked by basic enemies but coming back a few minutes later to match or straight up beat them. It's a feeling of accomplishment with basically every fight, even if the enemies are your own level or slightly lower due to ability cooldowns.

That's how you see it.. I can promise you that a lot of people see it another way
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญโœญโœญ

Healers stack magicka and could slot SOME damage abilities. Not ALL of your abilities will be heal abilities. Who are you even healing early game other than yourself with instant HP regen, potions, food, low enemy damage, and a single heal spell which is all you need? You also have a tank companion to make it even easier and there's not a single class in the game that does not provide you with at least one damage ability at all points of progression.

I could change some skills and deal a bit more dmg yes,but I would surely not deal as much as a dd because my sets are still supporter sets what I wear.
    If they would buff all overland mobs the result would be only more people skipping them as they already do.
    98% of the people don't stop to kill overland mobs,they run by delve mobs,dungeon mobs,basically most people avoid fighting because they are in a rush.
    I think if Zos would buff overland mobs more people would be annoyed rather than glad for it.
    Edited by Lady_Galadhiel on July 30, 2021 8:49AM
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ

I could change some skills and deal a bit more dmg yes,but I would surely not deal as much as a dd because my sets are still supporter sets what I wear.
    If they would buff all overland mobs the result would be only more people skipping them as they already do.
    98% of the people don't stop to kill overland mobs,they run by delve mobs,dungeon mobs,basically most people avoid fighting because they are in a rush.
    I think if Zos would buff overland mobs more people would be annoyed rather than glad for it.

I skipped as many enemies in New World as I skip on this game and only because I didn't feel like fighting yet. In ESO I skip fights because I know I will always win and there's no point in gaining EXP that way sometimes. I much rather just go for a WB or a delve boss and some quests. Yes, people skip fights but we don't know for what reason and it's not fair for you or I to say specifically what that reason is whether it's because the overworld is trash or too hard..
    Edited by Vhozek on July 30, 2021 8:56AM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญโœญโœญ
    No, thank you!

Making overland enemies harder removes the relaxing aspect of the game, and many new players already struggle when they first start out. Me as a veteran player would not want more difficult overland enemies, as it would mean more hassle and more time wasted for me, while other players just run by me in overland/delves/public dungeons. Which they already do now that mobs are easy, making mobs harder would give players even more reason to skip them!

Most veteran players already skip mobs, no matter how hard they are. So making them harder only hurts those who actually fight them. ZOS should simply add an option where players can choose not to aggro overland/delves/public dungeon monsters.

In combat I use aoe's, so making enemies more difficult means more players will run a train of enemies in/through my aoe's. Making me aggro them, when I do not want it. Making enemies harder, would make it more difficult for players like me, who kill everything.

Another reason why I am against harder monsters, is that it is easier to flow through quests and actually progress on the story while monsters are easier to kill. Harder monsters would put a delay on the stories we are going through.

PS: I practically always kill everything in my path!
  • PurpleScroll
    PurpleScroll
    โœญโœญโœญโœญ
    Nope, the difficulty of overland is perfectly fine as it is.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ

Reminds me of IC enemies before the scaling. If you saw more than two enemies you had to be really strategic about how you approached them. Usually I had to stun one while I worked on another. If they somehow saw me before I got to action my plan I knew I was in for a tough and long fight xD
    Things in Craglorn hit really hard too, and felt like they had a lot of health. Even with the old powerful crit surge on my stam sorc it was a bit of a battle to stay alive, but you at least felt accomplished when you went back with a new build and finally beat them. That's how a RPG should feel imho.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ
    No, please donโ€™t. If I want to have difficult combat I go to vet dungeons or trials.

If I want to chill or just farm resources or dig up a bunch of antiquities I do overland content.

Easy split.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ
    RevJJ wrote: ยป
    No, please donโ€™t. If I want to have difficult combat I go to vet dungeons or trials.

If I want to chill or just farm resources or dig up a bunch of antiquities I do overland content.

Easy split.

My argument is that the journey from level 1 to 50 doesn't feel very accomplishing and it's just a "well it's a matter of time" rather than a "that was tough but it felt good and it was worth it", so why doesn't Zenimax just sell level 50 accounts and get this over with? I also think that if you're a gatherer or whatever, you should probably be careful out in the wild. It only makes sense.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญโœญ
    "The only three certainties in life are death, taxes and a weekly thread about overland mobs on ESO forums. โ€ โ€“ Mark Twain
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญโœญโœญ
    No, thank you!

Making overland enemies harder removes the relaxing aspect of the game, and many new players already struggle when they first start out. Me as a veteran player would not want more difficult overland enemies, as it would mean more hassle and more time wasted for me, while other players just run by me in overland/delves/public dungeons. Which they already do now that mobs are easy, making mobs harder would give players even more reason to skip them!

Most veteran players already skip mobs, no matter how hard they are. So making them harder only hurts those who actually fight them. ZOS should simply add an option where players can choose not to aggro overland/delves/public dungeon monsters.

In combat I use aoe's, so making enemies more difficult means more players will run a train of enemies in/through my aoe's. Making me aggro them, when I do not want it. Making enemies harder, would make it more difficult for players like me, who kill everything.

Another reason why I am against harder monsters, is that it is easier to flow through quests and actually progress on the story while monsters are easier to kill. Harder monsters would put a delay on the stories we are going through.

[snip]
    [snip] You wanting tougher overland, for your reasons, is not what the game provides. And there is no way to tell what would happen if the game actually had tougher overland enemies. This makes your post to assume things, that fit your opinion on tougher overland enemies. For the record, your opinion is based on a game that is days old. A game which could be dead in 2 days for all we know. While ESO has been around for years, and seems to be growing.

But we just simply disagree, for various reasons. And this is ok!

[edited to remove quote & for flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2021 10:29AM
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ
    No, thank you!

[snip]
    [snip] You wanting tougher overland, for your reasons, is not what the game provides. And there is no way to tell what would happen if the game actually had tougher overland enemies. This makes your post to assume things, that fit your opinion on tougher overland enemies. For the record, your opinion is based on a game that is days old. A game which could be dead in 2 days for all we know. While ESO has been around for years, and seems to be growing.

Just don't say players will feel this and that. Just say they may or may not while telling us what you feel will change for you. If you're going to speak about anyone else, use both sides of the argument as possibilities otherwise I take it as you trying to tilt the balance in your favor and that's disingenuous. The reason is because if we're going to go by that, then I can just simply reply "well many players disagree with you" until the end of time without getting anything done.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2021 10:30AM
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ

Easy split.

My argument is that the journey from level 1 to 50 doesn't feel very accomplishing and it's just a "well it's a matter of time" rather than a "that was tough but it felt good and it was worth it", so why doesn't Zenimax just sell level 50 accounts and get this over with? I also think that if you're a gatherer or whatever, you should probably be careful out in the wild. It only makes sense.

Your mistake is thinking that we can't feel accomplishment with the current system.. your mistake is thinking that we can't feel that we have to be careful with the current system
    Just don't say players will feel this and that.

You're using absolutes yourself too..
    Edited by zelaminator on July 30, 2021 9:42AM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญโœญโœญ
    Just don't say players will feel this and that.
    Never did!
  • coletas
    coletas
    โœญโœญโœญโœญ
    It should be a "battle spirit" for PVE too that we could setup (since it wouldnt hurt anyone) because overland enemies dies even without any armor sets just with class abilities
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ

Easy split.

Your mistake is thinking that we can't feel accomplishment with the current system.. your mistake is thinking that we can't feel that we have to be careful with the current system

Well, since you've been reading you probably already know I'm talking about myself. And I did say "should probably" when telling you to be careful which also assumes probably not[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2021 10:32AM
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ

Easy split.

Well, since you've been reading you probably already know I'm talking about myself. And I did say "should probably" when telling you to be careful which also assumes probably not.

But you yourself just told someone to not speak for everyone, yet you do that quite a lot too.. so now I tell you, on behalf of me and many many other people, that a harder overland is not necessarily a good thing.. there's a very good chance that it will drive away more players than it will attract
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ

Easy split.

Well, since you've been reading you probably already know I'm talking about myself. And I did say "should probably" when telling you to be careful which also assumes probably not.

But you yourself just told someone to not speak for everyone, yet you do that quite a lot too.. so now I tell you, on behalf of me and many many other people, that a harder overland is not necessarily a good thing.. there's a very good chance that it will drive away more players than it will attract

I haven't though. And again, I can just tell you that on behalf of many many other people, you're wrong.
    A discussion like this will spark a debate and we can have a civilized debate about this. All I've been doing is providing my counter point to every comment that disagrees, if that's what you mean by me talking for everyone else.
    Edited by Vhozek on July 30, 2021 9:49AM
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ

Easy split.

I haven't though. And again, I can just tell you that on behalf of many many other people, you're wrong.

Guess we just have to disagree.. luckily though, it seems that the devs have realised that so far, I am on the right of this
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    No, thank you!

[snip]

Just don't say players will feel this and that. Just say they may or may not while telling us what you feel will change for you. If you're going to speak about anyone else, use both sides of the argument as possibilities otherwise I take it as you trying to tilt the balance in your favor and that's disingenuous. The reason is because if we're going to go by that, then I can just simply reply "well many players disagree with you" until the end of time without getting anything done.

I don't think they did. They just said most players skip mobs, which they do.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2021 10:36AM
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ

Easy split.

Guess we just have to disagree.. luckily though, it seems that the devs have realised that so far, I am on the right of this

And there's the problem. We could just end at that and never get anything done because we both know we can just repeat the same sentence over and over again if we bring other players into our own opinion. Also, the devs initially thought difficulty was a good idea but then changed it, meaning that with enough effort it can be changed again to end up somewhere in the middle. I think the change they made to make the overworld as braindead as I think it is (since you probably need this extra explanation) is just a safe option that they haven't come back to ever since they introduced it. It's definitely safe but safe is not always best.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญโœญโœญ

Easy split.

Once I started playing the game,ESO was my first MMO ever.
    I started questing and completing zones with someone else who was experienced in the game but made a new character to go on adventures with me.As I was super clueless how stuff works and I was so bad at everything I found even the most simple overland mobs hard enough,not to mention delve bosses with 120k HP I was like o.o.
    Once I got to level 50 it did feel really rewarding to me.I think once you have achieved this rewarding feeling with one character you won't repeat it with different ones even when stuff would be more difficult to kill.

As someone who was new to MMO's I am very glad ESO is how it is.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ
    No, thank you!

[snip]

I don't think they did. They just said most players skip mobs, which they do.

Yeah but for what reason? It could be because mobs are trash which is why I personally skip basically the entire overworld. It could also be because the overworld is too hard for them.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2021 10:38AM
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญ

Easy split.

Once I started playing the game,ESO was my first MMO ever.
    I started questing and completing zones with someone else who was experienced in the game but made a new character to go on adventures with me.As I was super clueless how stuff works and I was so bad at everything I found even the most simple overland mobs hard enough,not to mention delve bosses with 120k HP I was like o.o.
    Once I got to level 50 it did feel really rewarding to me.I think once you have achieved this rewarding feeling with one character you won't repeat it with different ones even when stuff would be more difficult to kill.

As someone who was new to MMO's I am very glad ESO is how it is.

ESO was also my first MMO but I started alone and only had issues with giants, mammoths, and trolls at the time. Eventually, I found out they were just more trash mobs you can beat by running in circles around them while spamming left click and not standing in the red circle. And yes, delve bosses are probably the perfect example of good overworld difficulty. Probably not also (just in case).
    Edited by Vhozek on July 30, 2021 9:59AM
  • mickeyx
    mickeyx
    โœญโœญโœญโœญ
    I just got done playing New World beta for 10 hours and the difficulty level in that game is amazing. ESO is my first MMO and New World would be my second so I don't know if it's normal but, certain areas had specific level enemies and they just completely destroyed me every time I tried to fight them. It wasn't even discouraging, it just made me want to beat them even more. Someone please take a look at that system and replicate it because I feel much more incentivized to play that game. Even the combat is similar but feels much more fleshed out and with some weight behind each attack. It feels ALIVE and I want ESO to feel that way too.
    Reminder that we already have companions that can make the game easier for casual players so it won't hurt them at all to make the overworld more difficult.

IF THIS GAME IS NOT ABOUT THE JOURNEY, THEN YOU MIGHT AS WELL START SELLING MAX LEVEL CHARACTERS IN THE SHOP.

You must be a recent player. When ESO was first released the overland mobs would kick your ass when not careful. All games change with time in terms of content. You are comparing ESO a 7-year-old game with an MMO that is still in beta. Wait for another 4 to 5 years and then tell me if New World content is still hard after the power creep. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2021 10:39AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    As much as I would like overland to be less of a borefest, I am aware that most of the player base prefers the game at a visual novel difficulty level. This is a fact considering the player bases reactions to talks about overland difficulty, in the place where the player sample is more hardcore than in reality (the forums).