The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

QOL: Twice-Born Star slight rework

ifDoubtNerfIt
ifDoubtNerfIt
✭✭✭
When you're running Twice Born Star on your front bar, it is losing a lot of potential by permanently removing the second mundus stone whenever you bar swap to the back bar. In the last patch notes there was a big focus on making sets more reachable to both stamina and magicka. So my suggestion is that TBS gets a slight quality of life change making it still granting two munduses, but only removing one while bar swapping and not having 5 pieces and restoring the 2nd mundus when having 5 pieces. The second change would be reworking the first three item set bonuses to give Stamina and Magicka. This change would make the set be again considered for endgame content and not like it's right now, not even used as it requires too much work to get it (9 traits unlocked), and on top of that when you get the set, it gives you mediocre increases making it worse than Julianos/Hundings for example which outperforms it while only requiring 6 traits.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like they could universal the stats and then throw the little quasi 5 pc bonus on it like they do with the others.

It's not quite up to par otherwise and forces you into all/mostly divines in order to get marginally close to another 5 piece set option.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would totally use tbs if instead of magicka and stamina as bonuses, it had spell/weapon damage and crit rating
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm using it only because I have themed character that only uses tri-stat 5-piece sets. It is a pain that game can't remember your second mundus, so every time you swap sets, you can forget about putting TBS until you near required munuds again.
    5- or even 4- piece buff would be appreciated too. Like just extra line of both damages. Or increase of mundus effects by additional 1% or a bit more.
  • AhSeLYaG
    AhSeLYaG
    ✭✭✭
    Nice idea. Support that✌️
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its great for leveling because the 5 Piece bonus is not affected by your level. It isn't much good for anything else.

I feel like the munduses/mundi? should be buffed a bit so they are equivalent to a 5 piece bonus.
    Playing since beta...
  • ifDoubtNerfIt
    ifDoubtNerfIt
    ✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    Its great for leveling because the 5 Piece bonus is not affected by your level. It isn't much good for anything else.

I feel like the munduses/mundi? should be buffed a bit so they are equivalent to a 5 piece bonus.

I strongly disagree. If the mundus stones got buffed the set would be overperforming. Now as it stands it's in a good middle point between Burning Spellweave and Diamond's Victory if we're looking at the 5th piece alone (tending more to Diamond's Victory).

I see two potential paths for the rework on it:
    • Changing the resource stats it gives to both stamina, magicka and health for each bonus while leaving the 5th piece bonus as it is and additionally enabling it to be worn as a frontbar set.
    • Leaving the bonus stats as it is now but changing the 5th piece to give 100% increase of only one Mundus Stone effect, making it similar to Heartland Conqueror.
    Edited by ifDoubtNerfIt on July 30, 2021 2:17PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason it doesn't give spell/weapon damage is because it's not meant to be "just a DPS set." It's meant for any build to run, whether a DD, healer, or a tank. And it used to get ran A LOT before it was adjusted to where it is now.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on July 30, 2021 9:28PM
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was nice when Thief gave 16.7% crit chance, that was a good 5pc bonus. Now Thief w 7 divines is only 9.9% crit chance so it fails to make up for the poor 2-4 piece bonuses. I’d like to see it become meta again at some point, it’s a cool concept. Even the Divines buff from 7.5% to 9.1% was not enough to save it from uselessness though, it needs something more. Maybe a line of Weapon/Spell Damage would be enough, after combining the Max Mag and Max Stam into one line.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an idea for a twice born star change instead of granting a second Mundus make it double what you get from the mundus and include divines additions on top of that.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    Here is an idea for a twice born star change instead of granting a second Mundus make it double what you get from the mundus and include divines additions on top of that.

That is a very interesting idea. It would solve the problem where the set can’t remember your 2nd mundus stone. It would also be a buff since the 2nd mundus stone would be your #1 choice instead of #2. Similar to Heartland Conqueror, so there is precedent. Still wouldn’t be quite enough to make it a good set unless something is done with the lower bonuses.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a very interesting idea. It would solve the problem where the set can’t remember your 2nd mundus stone. It would also be a buff since the 2nd mundus stone would be your #1 choice instead of #2. Similar to Heartland Conqueror, so there is precedent. Still wouldn’t be quite enough to make it a good set unless something is done with the lower bonuses.

2 piece- max stam/mag
    3 piece- x penetration/armor
    4 piece- x crit chance/ healing done
    5 piece- double the effect of chosen mundus stone

I put some unique bonuses to make this set viable for every role

Alternatively

2 piece max stam/mag
    3 piece crit chance
    4 piece crit chance
    5 piece double the effect of chosen mundus stone

Just a couple ideas but I have even more ideas with crafted sets as well
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2 piece- max stam/mag

Alternatively

2 piece max stam/mag
    3 piece crit chance
    4 piece crit chance

Tbh, both of those are probably too strong, assuming it doubled the mundus stone after divines was considered. The 2nd option used with Thief Mundus would literally just be a hybrid Mother's Sorrow + Leviathan with 2.9% more crit total (15.9% instead of 13%). Two damage bonuses + one health would be good IMO.

2 piece max stam/mag
    3 piece max health
    4 piece crit chance
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2 piece- max stam/mag

Alternatively

2 piece max stam/mag
    3 piece crit chance
    4 piece crit chance

Tbh, both of those are probably too strong, assuming it doubled the mundus stone after divines was considered. The 2nd option used with Thief Mundus would literally just be a hybrid Mother's Sorrow + Leviathan with 2.9% more crit total (15.9% instead of 13%). Two damage bonuses + one health would be good IMO.

2 piece max stam/mag
    3 piece max health
    4 piece crit chance

Probably could tone my ideas back some but this would put twice born back in the running for top sets to run something not many crafted sets can claim. The first one I came up with would definitely be over tuned as you get virtually a bit of everything resource damage healing and tankiness. I did have another idea tht would be a complete rework of TBS and that would be give you on 5 piece a lower bit of almost every mundus example

Gift of the stars(reworked twice born star)
    2piece- max health
    3piece- max stam
    4piece- max mag
    5piece- if no mundus is equipped Gain celestial power(new unique buff) granting 75% values of all mundus stones

I went with 75% as this rework would move players from running divines armor and using other traits and it’s a decent trade off imho not getting full mundus but enough that you can experiment with other armor traits and still be decently viable this would also allow tanks to utilize the set for some new interesting builds.
    Edited by BattleAxe on July 31, 2021 2:12AM
  • Fried_Fowl
    Fried_Fowl
    ✭✭
    Rework to "Thrice-Born Star" with a Percent Boost? Yes Please.
  • FreeMaN_A
    FreeMaN_A
    ✭✭✭
    Fried_Fowl wrote: »

2 piece- max stam/mag

Alternatively

2 piece max stam/mag
    3 piece crit chance
    4 piece crit chance

No plz. You have enough sets for crit and other ways to boost your critrate, spell damage etc. And the 2nd mundus stone gives opportunities for some non-standard builds. Just make it to remember 2nd mundus stone(i guess they`ll never fix this) or leave it as is.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they can't fix the removal of a mundus stone reappearing... which I'm pretty sure they can't due to the way it's coded.. then the next best option is to increase your mundus stone effect by 100%.

Edit: looks like someone else suggested that too.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 1, 2021 11:13PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • JasonWangTaiwan
    I think they can change the set so it gives you additional special status of each chosen mundus instead just let you chose 2 mundus since 2 mundus seems not effective for 5 set proc.
  • JoSePHRiNG
    JoSePHRiNG
    ✭✭✭
    Fried_Fowl wrote: »

I agree on this, that was my thoughts exactly,

Why not make it 3 Mundus stones at once.
    Jorvuld's Guidance and SPC all the way down.
  • FreeMaN_A
    FreeMaN_A
    ✭✭✭
    then the next best option is to increase your mundus stone effect by 100%.

Nooooo. It will ruin all sense of this set.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FreeMaN_A wrote: »

How so having essentially double the mundus effect without divines certainly opens up the use of many other traits
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so having essentially double the mundus effect without divines certainly opens up the use of many other traits

Hold on. Are you saying the doubled mundus wouldn’t benefit from divines? I’ve always thought of TBS as mandating divines because it had so much synergy, even back when infused large pieces were strong. I think with 7 divines (1.637 multiplier) it would need to give 2X 1.637 = 3.274 multiplier, not 1.637 + 1.000 = 2.637 multiplier.

I guess either option could be balanced with the right choice of 2-4 piece bonuses, but they would need to be 3 very solid bonuses if the 5 piece only gave an unbuffed mundus stone (6% crit, 238 Weapon/Spell dmg, etc.).
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hold on. Are you saying the doubled mundus wouldn’t benefit from divines? I’ve always thought of TBS as mandating divines because it had so much synergy, even back when infused large pieces were strong. I think with 7 divines (1.637 multiplier) it would need to give 2X 1.637 = 3.274 multiplier, not 1.637 + 1.000 = 2.637 multiplier.

I guess either option could be balanced with the right choice of 2-4 piece bonuses, but they would need to be 3 very solid bonuses if the 5 piece only gave an unbuffed mundus stone (6% crit, 238 Weapon/Spell dmg, etc.).

It would still benefit however you could choose to fully buff up the mundus effect or take advantage of doubled effect and utilize other armor traits.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make this slight modification and call it a day.

2p - Max HP
    3p - Max Stam & Max Mag
    4p - Max Stam & Max Mag
    5p - You can have two Mundus Stone boons at the same time. Increase their effect by 10%
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2p - Max HP
    3p - Max Stam & Max Mag
    4p - Max Stam & Max Mag
    5p - You can have two Mundus Stone boons at the same time. Increase their effect by 10%

Doesn’t solve the issue of losing 2nd mundus if this is used as a front at set.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2p - Max HP
    3p - Max Stam & Max Mag
    4p - Max Stam & Max Mag

Doesn’t solve the issue of losing 2nd mundus if this is used as a front at set.

True they should do what the og post says too.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they can change the set so it gives you additional special status of each chosen mundus instead just let you chose 2 mundus since 2 mundus seems not effective for 5 set proc.

I think it is a matter of the mundus were nerfed rather than two not being effective enough for a 5 pc setbonus. As I understand it this set was BiS before the mundus values were reduced and nothing concerning the set was changed.

Of course, they can improve the set how @BattleAxe suggested without affecting how mundus works for the rest of the game. It would certainly make it so we can equip it on the front bar and not lose the effect when we are on the back bar.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think doubling the effect is a little strong but not crazy.

Let's say I pick warrior. Iirc it's 389 damage with divines. So that would be 778 damage.

I essentially just got the same damage buff that I can get from New Moon (5 piece is 390 I think).

If I pick lover, that's a little under 5k with divines. So now I'm getting over 9k pen. That's stronger than Spriggans or Spinner's + Lover but not crazy.

So in a way it would be very similar to heartland conquerer.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think doubling the effect is a little strong but not crazy.

Let's say I pick warrior. Iirc it's 389 damage with divines. So that would be 778 damage.

I essentially just got the same damage buff that I can get from New Moon (5 piece is 390 I think).

If I pick lover, that's a little under 5k with divines. So now I'm getting over 9k pen. That's stronger than Spriggans or Spinner's + Lover but not crazy.

So in a way it would be very similar to heartland conquerer.

Yes and essentially in full divines the numbers will be very good however double the Mundus means essentially you are now free to try different traits instead of for dps always using divines. Divines is still likely to be the clear winner but hey chance opens up
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 2x mundus stone effect should be made into a new set called Star Sign's Favor or something, so that the unique effect of having 2 mundus stones is not lost. Twice Born Star is a unique set that should not be completely changed for being not as up to par as other sets.
    ---
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    Good idea OP. I've always liked the potential versatility of the set, but don't run it...it definitely needs some love. Because it scales with the Divines trait and therefore PvE, would be interesting if they could somehow make it more viable for PvP (a Mundus stone that grants impenetrable stats???)
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.