Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do not release these sets

• BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    Here is the problem on paper these sets sound op however let’s take into account battle spirit so take the tool tip and cut that in half now cut it 10% off that then factor in resistance these sets will not hit as hard as some would think. If anything sets could be stronger or have them act as oblivion damage thus ignoring resistance.

And this is why this Forum section should be locked for people who haven't played a second on PTS.

How can you say the sets need to be buffed when they're already blatantly overperforming and anyone who tested them has noticed it?
    Edited by BohnT2 on July 29, 2021 8:50PM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    Here is the problem on paper these sets sound op however let’s take into account battle spirit so take the tool tip and cut that in half now cut it 10% off that then factor in resistance these sets will not hit as hard as some would think. If anything sets could be stronger or have them act as oblivion damage thus ignoring resistance.

And this is why this Forum section should be locked for people who haven't played a second on PTS.

How can you say the sets needs to be buffed when they're already blatantly overperforming and anyone who tested them has noticed it?

How can I say they need buffed? Tested? Most of the posts in this thread are conjecture or paper mathematics. Also for sets being “op” this pretty much the only thread discussing it when other issues such as removing crit chance from MA had at least 3 threads. Your also basically saying only players on pts can have a say over changes coming to the game?
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How can you say the sets needs to be buffed when they're already blatantly overperforming and anyone who tested them has noticed it?

How can I say they need buffed? Tested? Most of the posts in this thread are conjecture or paper mathematics. Also for sets being “op” this pretty much the only thread discussing it when other issues such as removing crit chance from MA had at least 3 threads. Your also basically saying only players on pts can have a say over changes coming to the game?

Yes I'm saying that people who didn't test anything should be ignored when it comes to things changing on pts because they haven't seen things in practice, best example for this was the laughable discussion of people thinking your own penetration would reduce the damage of the proc.

You know what PTS stands for?
    Player TEST Server and not Player theory Server, it implies that people test stuff before talking about them.

Edited by BohnT2 on July 29, 2021 9:34PM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I'm saying that people who didn't test anything should be ignored when it comes to things changing on pts because they haven't seen things in practice, best example for this was the laughable discussion of people thinking your own penetration would reduce the damage of the proc.

I'm not asking a blind person about choosing colors either and so people who haven't tested those sets in practice shouldn't be asked about their performance.

Interesting let’s look at one thing you stated anyone who has tested these sets and noticed they are overperforming where are these tests? Most of what is being posted here again is tool tip talk when even without testing basic math can give plenty of information.

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    2 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor
    4 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    5 – Stunning or Immobilizing your enemy causes them to burst with frost magic, applying the Chilled status effect and dealing 26% of their total Physical and Spell Resistance as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.

Such an overperforming set with a very simple counter in keeping up cc immunity simplest solution tanks will run snow treaders, immovable pots, or use the HA immovable skill. Can’t proc set if you can’t stun or immobilize the target. So likely only people who will have this proc on them are people who won’t cause a large amount of damage.

And saying people who don’t test should be ignored is exactly why a lot of bad changes go thru because a vocal minority is heard when some players who have good insight into multiple aspects of the game may not necessarily hop on pts constantly or allow others to test for them.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not asking a blind person about choosing colors either and so people who haven't tested those sets in practice shouldn't be asked about their performance.

Interesting let’s look at one thing you stated anyone who has tested these sets and noticed they are overperforming where are these tests? Most of what is being posted here again is tool tip talk when even without testing basic math can give plenty of information.

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor
    5 – Stunning or Immobilizing your enemy causes them to burst with frost magic, applying the Chilled status effect and dealing 26% of their total Physical and Spell Resistance as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.

Such an overperforming set with a very simple counter in keeping up cc immunity simplest solution tanks will run snow treaders, immovable pots, or use the HA immovable skill. Can’t proc set if you can’t stun or immobilize the target. So likely only people who will have this proc on them are people who won’t cause a large amount of damage.

And saying people who don’t test should be ignored is exactly why a lot of bad changes go thru because a vocal minority is heard when some players who have good insight into multiple aspects of the game may not necessarily hop on pts constantly or allow others to test for them.

Oh I wonder what all the builds will do who don't use heavy armor and use a bad skill just to avoid an overperforming set.

This proves that it is necessary for people to test things because what you have proposed simply isn't doable in an actual fight.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 6:56PM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor

Oh I wonder what all the builds will do who don't use heavy armor and use a bad skill just to avoid an overperforming set.

This proves that it is necessary for people to test things because what you have proposed simply isn't doable in an actual fight.

[snip]

Nothing to add?

Forward Momentum

Focus your strength and resolve to gain Major Brutality, increasing your Weapon Damage by 20%, as well as gaining Minor Endurance, increasing your Stamina Recovery by 15% for 20 seconds. Activating this ability removes all snares and immobilizations from you and grants immunity to them for 4 seconds

A skill quite a large number of players utilize.

There is multiple ways to counter the set I mentioned. Also just because I may not personally test things myself doesn’t mean I don’t have people doing the testing for me.

Also the idea of the set is targeting a player with high resistance to get the set to proc for the highest possible damage.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 6:57PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor

[snip]

Nothing to add?

Forward Momentum

Focus your strength and resolve to gain Major Brutality, increasing your Weapon Damage by 20%, as well as gaining Minor Endurance, increasing your Stamina Recovery by 15% for 20 seconds. Activating this ability removes all snares and immobilizations from you and grants immunity to them for 4 seconds

There is multiple ways to counter the set I mentioned. Also just because I may not personally test things myself doesn’t mean I don’t have people doing the testing for me.

Also the idea of the set is targeting a player with high resistance to get the set to proc for the highest possible damage.

This is wrong, there is no viable way to keep CC and Snare immunity up 100% of the time and that only to counter a single set.

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 6:58PM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor

[snip]

Nothing to add?

Forward Momentum

This is wrong, there is no viable way to keep CC and Snare immunity up 100% of the time and that only to counter a single set.

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]

So you’ve tested counterplay to the set? Again this post is primarily conjecture haven’t seen any screen shots or video verifying any claims. Again I have people testing for me.

Also not wrong snow treaders is viable and 100%

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 6:59PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor

[snip]

Nothing to add?

Forward Momentum

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]

So you’ve tested counterplay to the set? Again this post is primarily conjecture haven’t seen any screen shots or video verifying any claims. Again I have people testing for me.

so you haven't realized that the set procs on CCs?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 7:00PM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor

[snip]

Nothing to add?

Forward Momentum

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]

Have you read any of my comments?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 7:00PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor

[snip]

Nothing to add?

Forward Momentum

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]

I have read every comment of you and have debunked every single claim you've posted in this thread. I think you haven't read my comment properly I was talking about CC and Snare immunity which would be required to completely protect yourself from the set.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 7:01PM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor

[snip]

Nothing to add?

Forward Momentum

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]

I have read every comment of you and have debunked every single claim you've posted in this thread. I think you haven't read my comment properly I was talking about CC and Snare immunity which would be required to completely protect yourself from the set.

You debunked nothing and 1 mythic shuts down the set snow treader. Which is at least second time I stated snow treaders. Plus immovable pots and several skills grant cc and snare immunity.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 1, 2021 10:18AM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor

[snip]

Nothing to add?

Forward Momentum

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]

You debunked nothing and 1 mythic shuts down the set snow treader

Look this is why people should be forced to test stuff before talking here.

The set procs on CCs not just roots.
    You can wear snowtreaders all day I will hit you with a stun and hrothgar procs.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 1, 2021 10:19AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... ZOS already published one DLC with pretty much over nerfed gaze of sithis, it didn't sold very well so now they won't do such a mistake, there has to be at least one OP set so PvP crowd will buy this DLC to. Hrothgars Chill incoming.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor

[snip]

Nothing to add?

Forward Momentum

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]

You can wear snowtreaders all day I will hit you with a stun and hrothgar procs.

Immovable pots forward momentum the skill immovable. I’ll admit when I’m wrong and I’ll admit I’m wrong with snow treaders so yay successful debunk 1 thing. We are focusing on counters but I’ll go back to the other point of set not being op with the fact even say someone at resist cap 32.5k both resistances will only give 13k tooltip however this is further cut in half so 6.5k now factor in major protection since a lot of people will likely slot the skill flare so that’s another 10% mitigation and now factor in player resists at best 6.5 k will be the damage dealt to players around the character that caused the proc but more likely the proc will b about 3-4K so all in all set is not as overwhelming as it appears.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 1, 2021 10:20AM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor

[snip]

Nothing to add?

Forward Momentum

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]

Immovable pots forward momentum the skill immovable. I’ll admit when I’m wrong and I’ll admit I’m wrong with snow treaders so yay successful debunk 1 thing. We are focusing on counters but I’ll go back to the other point of set not being op with the fact even say someone at resist cap 32.5k both resistances will only give 13k tooltip however this is further cut in half so 6.5k now factor in major protection since a lot of people will likely slot the skill flare so that’s another 10% mitigation and now factor in player resists at best 6.5 k will be the damage dealt to players around the character that caused the proc but more likely the proc will b about 3-4K so all in all set is not as overwhelming as it appears.

With 32.5k resistances each it has a 16.9k TT.
    What you're missing is that this 16k TT is instant burst damage when your CC hits meaning it adds free off gcd damage to your burst, your DBoS has now gained 16.9k TT more than it had before, no other set can match that, stat sets may end up giving +2k TT but no where close the damage this set adds. To make matters worse if you use an ult like corrosive or onslaught the damage of hrothgar's goes through the roof.
    On my testing build with 0 offensive investment, which didn't even had any CP slotted a target which was using defensive and was vamp stage 3 still got hit for +7k damage, and that's free burst damage.

Furthermore the set doesn't scale with your stats meaning that damage is available to everyone, why this is an issue has been obvious during every proc meta we had.

To make matters worse the set also turns every CC into an offensive CC, while those might be needed for certain classes to function they're gamebreaking on others as they allow them to scram too much damage into a single GCD.

When using this set on a magdk that pops corrosive and you apply fossilize to the target you hit them for up to 12k damage total that's not healthy for the game at all especially because there is nothing you can do against it.

Here's the full list why this set is overperforming and contradicts the balance ideas that Zos has established for Proc sets:
    1. it's instant burst
    2. it can't be blocked or dodged because it procs on stuns
    3. it doesn't scale with your own stats
    4. it turns every CC ability into an offensive CC
    5. it's not telegraphed

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 1, 2021 10:21AM
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At this point does it even matter? Zos has made it pretty clear that they are going to keep releasing cheesy proc sets to raise the floor and the very few times they release a stat based set it’s also something broken like malacath or sithis.

Don’t worry though they will nerf it the following update just to sell something else that’s broken. Between that and performance is why I know longer spend any money on the game.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    The forums complained about tanky players....ZOS released a set that specifically punished them.

The forums complained about zergs/ball groups....ZOS released sets that specifically punish them.

The forums complain about the new sets....go figure. :)

The forums complain about sets that directly contradict the rules that zos has used to balance sets in the past especially set designs that have proven to be an issue in the past.

The rule is ZOS doesn't stick to any rules.They apply for the patch where they made the statement, at best.

What gets me is that we just went through several painful months of various oppressive tests to improve performance, no procs, no heals, cooldowns, and whatnot. And ZOS releases THESE sets?

No way shape or form are these new proc sets "performant". An aoe pull proc?
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrothgars chill is an absolutely terrible idea for a set, its like a more offensive version of harbinger and drives the absolute worst possible meta. Malacath did this far too well turning relatlvely toothless builds stacking next to no damage into pretty solid damage dealers. A potentially 5k+ hit from a build that wouldn’t hit a 4 digit number with a skill is just outright dumb.
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    Since we got nothing in 7.1.3 i want to remind everyone that especially hrothgars chill cannot go live like this.
    Else we are all in for a really unenjoyable patch.
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    for snow treader that works only on Snares and Immobilizations that can be cleansed, so stuff like fosilized etc.. you still eat it, plus u cannot sprint that is a hudge tradeoff
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, imagine a tank.
    No damage.
    Hrothgars chill scales to opponents stats.
    Can be buffed by mala.
    Deto scales to max stats now and most importantly to amount of enemies around.
    They are actually enabling tanks to do damage again.
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    7.1.4 Friendly reminder that especially hrothgars chill cannot be allowed to go live like this.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raeyleigh wrote: »
    7.1.4 Friendly reminder that especially hrothgars chill cannot be allowed to go live like this.

Looks like Proc Meta is back on the menu bois
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raeyleigh wrote: »

Looks like Proc Meta is back on the menu bois

Proc meta never left for stamina!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (5 items) Stunning or Immobilizing your enemy causes them to burst with frost magic, applying the Chilled status effect and dealing 26% of their total Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them.

If you Streak into a group of 12 players, does each player take x12 the damage?

For example, 3k damage * 12 players = 36k damage for all players?
    PC NA
  • LeonAkando
    LeonAkando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excelsus wrote: »
    Assuming this is a good faith discussion on balancing pvp and not another buff me/nerf my enemies thread.

I believe a range of around 95% of all PVP discussion threads boil down to "buff me / nerf my enemy" threads wearing the facade of "its for the greater balance".
    Which is a contributing factor why classes are getting homogenized and class-iconic skills are being deleted from the game (RIP Reflective Scales, and also Ball of Lightning).
    Class Utility inherently creates a power imbalance, and any small degree of "this class has an advantage over mine" is met with seething rage on the forums. Never mind if their class has an advantage over a different class.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    (5 items) Stunning or Immobilizing your enemy causes them to burst with frost magic, applying the Chilled status effect and dealing 26% of their total Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them.

It's only going to do the damage from one stunned enemy. It has a 7 second cooldown. So each player would only take 1 round of damage base on whoever was stunned first.

Streak will actually be the worst choice to use as a stun for this unless you are 1v1 on someone. Since streak doesn't allow you to choose who to stun in a group. And picking a player to stun who may have higher resistances would be the ideal way to use the set against multiple opponents.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like no proc no CP.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

It's only going to do the damage from one stunned enemy. It has a 7 second cooldown. So each player would only take 1 round of damage base on whoever was stunned first.

Streak will actually be the worst choice to use as a stun for this unless you are 1v1 on someone. Since streak doesn't allow you to choose who to stun in a group. And picking a player to stun who may have higher resistances would be the ideal way to use the set against multiple opponents.

So, streak in on one bar with rush of agony. Bar swap. Encase. Boom.

I'm sure we'll see all kinds of creative spam of the new proc sets.

Can't wait. :expressionless: