The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What about a 4th skill tree for every class ?

Fhritz
Fhritz
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not talking about balance or anything, but ESO classes lose their identity, and the beloved "diversity" of ESO is less and less present. Either they have a lack of execute, utility, or even sometimes all the aspect of the class aren't even fully exploited ! I think a 4th skill line may add more diversity and identity to classes. As a Nightblade main, I would love to see an "illusion" skill tree, for DK we can imagine "Blazing fury" with berserk-like abilities, for Sorc we can imagine some "White magic" (Idk for the name but something that allow sorc to have more tanking option), etc...

What are your thought ?
I'm a single character man.
Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
And...that's it.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It could work, especially when you consider there's 4 roles: Stamina DPS, Magicka DPS, Healer, and Tank. Each class in theory could have one for each. It'd be significant rework. I do like the idea of an illusionist line, too.

That being said, eh? I like the functional idea of independent skill lines, which have unfortunately proven incredibly grindy thus far (Psijic, the Guilds, etc.)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer more weapon skill lines personally.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think three is enough.

However, I do wish we had more morph options for some skills to further differentiate our playstyle or make our kit more useful for certain roles.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ever implemented (which is hardly) it easily could be done wrong, and, instead of class uniqueness, as a result we will get 6 classes with barely identical skills. The difference is the visual effect colors: yellow for templar, red for NB, orange for DK, green for warden, purple for necro and blue for sorc.
    PC EU
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I'd prefer more weapon skill lines personally.

I kinda doubt that's going to happen, unfortunately. Aside from maybe a melee staff, 1h and Rune, or (maybe) 1h Duelist (for using a single 1h weapon with nothing in your off hand.) The problem is motifs. At this point there are over 100 motifs in the game (probably closer to 150 if we count outfit styles.) So, any truly new weapon would require the creation of as many weapon motifs. (Fists would be one way around this, and you might see a new gauntlet type weapon that applies over the user's gloves/gauntlets.)

For example, I'd love to see crossbows and spears, but that would require the creation of hundreds of different crossbow motifs... or saying, "crossbows only exist in these specific motifs," which would leave players disappointed. I'd love to be able to use staves as spears or polearms, so that one's maybe possible, but at the same time, I'm not sure the team would sign off on it, since a number of the designs really weren't intended to be used as melee weapons.

One thing that might be an option, and could be pretty cool, are alternate skill lines for the existing weapon classes. The melee staff suggestion above would be an example.

This would also open up another six ability altering weapons for each weapon type.

However, while swapping the staff to a different mode seems natural, what's the equivalent for the bow? You can't bash people with the limbs.

Now, you could do things like a DPS S&B setup, or a tanking focused 2h. You might be able to do something like a pet focused bow setup. So, there's possibilities, but it's not as easy as, "add more weapons."

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see new weapons, I just don't think ZOS will give them to us.
    Edited by starkerealm on July 25, 2021 10:15PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra class lines could be cool. They could further expand and reinforce class identity. I don't see a real need for them, and I would worry about potential balance issues (even if you're saying, "ignore that for now.") But, if done well, it could be cool.

I think, given the option, I'd rather see an expansion of existing class skill lines, with new active and passive abilities. But, either one is a legitimate idea.)
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no more.
    PCNA
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not scroll crafting where you can create level based spells from any class ability for limited time use, they would work like potions.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’d like ZoS to take the least used skills - surely there are some that aren’t used by anyone - and do something with them to make them viable.

That said, I agree that some additional skills would be nice. Perhaps an additional skill per skill line would be the best place to start? Or perhaps an optional second morph?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, caught Rich's stream today, and basically floated the question of, "could we even see new weapons?"

His response was basically that it's possible, but just a question over the amount of time it would take.

There was another interesting comment mixed in there. (Specifically in relation to new classes), that the game has to store all class animations in memory at all times (especially for PvP.) Meaning, there's a serious performance consideration for adding new classes, but that would also apply for new weapons, and (I suspect) adding new class lines to existing classes.
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    So much time has been spent on trying to make the current classes balanced with the current 3 skill trees that introducing a 4th tree would throw all that balance tuning done over the years completely out of whack. So no, I don't think it's a good idea.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    for Sorc we can imagine some "White magic" (Idk for the name but something that allow sorc to have more tanking option)

:confused:
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of more class abilities, something like a guild specialization would also be cool. Where you can only specialize in one guild and by doing so you lose access to the other active guild abilities.

I would also really like one extra slot on each bar for passives like Inner Light, Camo Hunter or Bound Aegis.

For console players its not easy to fit another active ability so something that can be active without having to press the skill would be great.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • vms11934
    vms11934
    ✭✭✭
    A multi-class idea where you get to pick on skill tree form another class might be interesting.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing a mmo (alongside eso) that has over 100 skill lines available to the same character, around 90% of them are useless. It would take a lot of development time to make 6 new skill lines that are useful and balanced.
    I like the approach of FFXIV:
    - every class can learn some skills from other classes;
    - same character can learn every class in the game and switch freely between them outside of instances;
    - unlimited bag for equipment sets.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO for the love of all that is holy NO! I have no idea why I don't like it I'm a Breton and we just like to complain.