The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Diamond's Victory any good for StamDK?

Sleeping_OwI
Sleeping_OwI
✭✭✭
I currently run Leviathan + Deadly Strike. Would it be a good replacement for Deadly Strike?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Diamond's Victory, it depends on how well you can manage alternating between ranged and melee ability/attack. You're going to want at least one ranged ability on your melee bar like Silver Bolts or Stone Fist to activate Melee Supremacy. If you use a Bow, it can easier refreshing a self cast buff like Molten Weapons or Vigor to give you Range Supremacy. The first attack you do before combat won't count for either buff so either spam the same attack twice or use a pull to trigger combat.
  • Sleeping_OwI
    Sleeping_OwI
    ✭✭✭
    I like Diamond's Victory, it depends on how well you can manage alternating between ranged and melee ability/attack. You're going to want at least one ranged ability on your melee bar like Silver Bolts or Stone Fist to activate Melee Supremacy. If you use a Bow, it can easier refreshing a self cast buff like Molten Weapons or Vigor to give you Range Supremacy. The first attack you do before combat won't count for either buff so either spam the same attack twice or use a pull to trigger combat.

Okay thank you, but how does it compare ro Deadly Strike damage wise? I don't wanna use tons of resources making it if it gives me similar dps, especially since I already have Deadly Strike gold jewelry.
    Edited by Sleeping_OwI on July 22, 2021 1:36AM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suppose it depends on what skills you are using as a DK, but most should fall into the bleed, poison, disease, and physical Deadly Strike buffs so you will have a constant 20% uptime.

Diamond Victory will easily be procced with your Endless Hail and buff skills like Blade Cloak, Shrouded Daggers, and Whirling Blade. I assume it would also buff Trap. It doesn't look like it buffs your poison-based attacks, but I can't tell because while they are not ranged, they are DOT.

Guess it comes down to if the 20% causes more damage than 497 weapon damage, which depends on your build.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hypothetically, if you do 6k damage on an attack, and 14k damage on a crit. Take 20% away, 4.8k with an 11.2k crit. You're probably running around 6k WD. Do you think 550 more WD would raise you passed those numbers? I don't think so.

Reason I give those numbers isn't because I can tell you exactly what 550 WD would do, but so you can see just how good deadly is for the abilities that use it.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, Stone Giant will activate both procs, one after the other.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a question on the buffs diamond's victory gives:

Range supremacy says it adds damage to damage over time and ranged attacks
    Melee supremacy says it adds damage to melee attacks

So a skill that is a melee dot - does this benefit from both of the above?
    Or is this just poor tooltip wording? Is it actually that melee supremacy only affects direct melee attacks?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question on the buffs diamond's victory gives:

Range supremacy says it adds damage to damage over time and ranged attacks
    Melee supremacy says it adds damage to melee attacks

So a skill that is a melee dot - does this benefit from both of the above?
    Or is this just poor tooltip wording? Is it actually that melee supremacy only affects direct melee attacks?

It's just poor wording. Anything that does damage over time, melee or ranged, will benefit from Ranged Supremacy. Melee abilities count as anything that is cast at self or a swing move. Range abilities are generally anything that has you cast at ground or lock target projectile. Example Wall of Elements is melee because its cast at self, Impulse is melee while Elemental Ring morph turns into range. Fire Breath is melee as its cast at self giving Ranged Supremacy which then buffs its own damage over time effect. Light/Heavy attacks also count as melee/range as well so you can buff yourself with Melee Supremacy with a Light Attack using a Bow or Staff.