The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console Enhanced for Stadia

Randy
Randy
✭✭
Hi Devs,
I was wondering if you are also planning to rollout the console enhanced version for Stadia.
Stadia is already in a very good position, but it feels like we are missing out on next gen graphics. I know that google might have to upgrade their graphics hardware but this is going to happen anyway sooner or later.
Are there already talks about this topic?
Why don't we get the 60 fps enjoyment for stadia?
Please give us at least something we can look forward to ;)

thanks
best
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 4, 2021 4:26PM
  • orgin_stadia
    orgin_stadia
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, please give us Stadia users a 60 fps option.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be up to Google not Zos, since Stadia runs solely on Google's hardware. Stadia is also already the PC version of the game, all the graphic settings for PC is available to Google to modify if they choose. If they wanted the game to run at 4k and 144 FPS, with all graphic settings to High/Ultra they can do that with ease. Whether or not their server hardware could handle it is another issue.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on September 13, 2021 7:59AM
  • Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Randy wrote: »
    Hi Devs,
    I was wondering if you are also planning to rollout the console enhanced version for Stadia.
    Stadia is already in a very good position, but it feels like we are missing out on next gen graphics. I know that google might have to upgrade their graphics hardware but this is going to happen anyway sooner or later.

thanks
    best

Cosole enhanced was for the consoles which had actually been enhanced (PS4-->PS5, XboxOne->Series x/s)
    Since Stadia hardware has not been upgraded, how could they make it happen?
  • Charon_on_Vacation
    Charon_on_Vacation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Randy wrote: »
    Hi Devs,

thanks
    best

if you are on stadia, you are playing the PC Version of the game.
    all your limitations are set by stadia/google and not ZOS.
    so you'd have to talk to them about an upgrade in regards to graphics and everything else.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea, but I'm going to off-topic my own Stadia wish.

Allow the PTS to be one of the server options on Stadia.

As this thread has mentioned, google are running the PC version of the game, and we already have the option to select between EU and NA servers. It is prohibitively time consuming to download and update the PTS when new updates are being tested!

The normal PC client would still be necessary for in-depth PTS testing, but often I just want to quickly check something specific, like how a new gear-set works, and stadia would let me do that without all the updating. A more accessible PTS would lead to more testing, which would benefit everyone on every platform.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please give us Stadia users a 60 fps option.

Can stadia even handle that? We already had stuff moved server side to accommodate stadia & I doubt servers can handle more load
  • Fermian
    Fermian
    ✭✭✭
    Since Stadia can run cyberpunk without any issues it should be able to handle more than 30 fps.
  • elyksiasb14_ESO
    elyksiasb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Still holding out hope on this one. :(
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As other people have already said in this thread Stadia uses the PC version of the game, which already had all the enhancements included in the console upgrade. I've not played on Stadia so I don't know if you get all the graphics settings the normal PC version has but if so you can already set the game to run the equivalent of the console enhanced version, it's just down to what your hardware (or in this case Stadia) can handle.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eso already had to move a bunch of calculations server side cause stadia couldnt handle it so I doubt you will see many improvements coming to stadia & honestly if that is what you want you really shouldnt be using stadia to begin with
  • orgin_stadia
    orgin_stadia
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

As other people have already said in this thread Stadia uses the PC version of the game, which already had all the enhancements included in the console upgrade. I've not played on Stadia so I don't know if you get all the graphics settings the normal PC version has but if so you can already set the game to run the equivalent of the console enhanced version, it's just down to what your hardware (or in this case Stadia) can handle.

There are no performance related graphical settings the player can do in the Stadia port. Every setting is pre-locked to produce a stable 30fps.
  • orgin_stadia
    orgin_stadia
    ✭✭✭

As a Stadia player, I don't really care about the console enhanced parts. What's important to me is a 60hz performance mode like we Stadia users have seen other developers add to their stadia ports lately.