The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS not copying NA data?

Arunei
Arunei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So I could be wrong, but doesn't the PTS generally alternate between NA and EU during periods of testing upcoming content? And aside from those periods is generally open to both servers? I could swear that's how it's been, but this time NA only got copied once as far as I know, and now even after Blackwood was released, NA still isn't copied to the PTS.

This isn't normally a problem, except I wanted to try seeing what one of my characters would look like as another race. I can't just remake her on the PTS because I have no access to her slider information unless I buy a Character Edit/Race Change token, but she's only level 24 and if I could make her work as another race in terms of appearance I was just going to delete and remake her.

Is this a normal thing that happens, or is there something wonky with the PTS this time?
Character List [RP and PvE]:
Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!

Best Answer

• PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wherever PTS ends after the last test cycle is where it stays until the next one, so it'll stay on EU until July or August or whenever the next cycle is.
    Answer ✓
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally NA is always on the PTS. This is the first time I've seen EU on so long, and that gives me a chance to work with some of my own characters for a change.

You could use the Change Appearance on the live server, and just not save it? Take some screenshots?
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • mc_gijoe
    mc_gijoe
    They need to update the PTS to fix the bugs they patched on live. The set proc issue, block bug, etc affect the ability to test stuff/make content.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    So I could be wrong, but doesn't the PTS generally alternate between NA and EU during periods of testing upcoming content? And aside from those periods is generally open to both servers? I could swear that's how it's been, but this time NA only got copied once as far as I know, and now even after Blackwood was released, NA still isn't copied to the PTS.

This isn't normally a problem, except I wanted to try seeing what one of my characters would look like as another race. I can't just remake her on the PTS because I have no access to her slider information unless I buy a Character Edit/Race Change token, but she's only level 24 and if I could make her work as another race in terms of appearance I was just going to delete and remake her.

Is this a normal thing that happens, or is there something wonky with the PTS this time?

So, worth noting: Race change tokens do let you derp around with the sliders on a character. You're not forced to buy a race change and an appearance change to make them look good.

Second, PTS will probably get another NA copy sometime over the weekend, as we're moving into the next DLC hitting it on Monday. (The PCNA copy will actually hit on Monday afternoon when the server comes back up.)

Third (though, I don't recommend this), if you buy a race change token, you can look at a character's sliders without consuming it. You can back out and keep the token intact without altering anything.

Fourth, if your character is a vampire (or has a skin equipped), do not try to edit them with that skin in place. Cure them/remove it, then edit their appearance.