The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Weapon set changing in Combat instead of skill/attack being used

Graygirl
Graygirl
I reached level 15 and now I can have two skills/weapons sets. In principle that seems great, but I'm having two problems with the mechanics:

1. Now, when I want to use my #1 quick slot attack, my weapon set switches to the other weapon/skill set set instead of the attack being used. How do I stop this from happening? I basically can't use my #1 skill slot in combat now.

2. How do I set the same weapons for both skill/weapons sets? Once they're in one, you can't select them to use in the other one.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Graygirl
    Graygirl
    I didn't see an Edit option so I have to correct my post.

Of course, it's the #2 skill slot I can't use now. I'm in combat, I hit the 2 to use my skill attack, and instead I switch over to an empty skill set and have no equipped weapons.

It's basically a game-breaker, and I know this must be user error, but I can't for the life of me work out how to stop this from happening, so if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated because I can't play now.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By default the "`" key to the left of your "1" key is the weapon swap key. How it changed from that to "1" and then to "2" is a mystery to me.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't use the same weapon in both bars, you need to acquire a second actual weapon in the swap bar; you want to use a Bow for both your main and swap bar, you'll need to pick up a second Bow.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you have conflicting key binds ...
    idea.gif

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Editing a post is quirky. After you post, you have to leave the thread and come back to it. Then your post will have a little gear symbol in the upper right corner. Clicking on that will allow you to edit your post.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assuming you're on PC.

It sounds like some kind of keybind conflict, try resetting them to the default values. If you don't remember, you can make a new character and their keybindings will be the default values.

The idea is each bar is tied to an equipped weapon. You swap "front bar" and "back bar" default using the tilde key.

You can equip your secondary weapon in inventory where you equip gear. A new couple boxes will be available to put stuff in. Top two is the "front bar" bottom is the "back bar".

Further, some skills require the correct weapon type to be equipped in order to use them at all. If you put a Bow skill on your back bar, but your back bar equipped weapon is a staff, then the Bow skill will be grayed out and unusable.

Fully set up both your front and back bar with skills and a weapon, and then see if you're still having issues.

If you want the same type of weapon on both your front and back bar, you need a second weapon of that type in your inventory so you can equip it on your back bar. If you're using a destruction staff you found on a quest for your front bar, you'll have to find another destruction staff and equip that one on your back bar.
    Edited by Fennwitty on June 1, 2021 7:08PM
    PC NA