Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will there be a new dlc dedicated to PVP

• kosh_ESO
    kosh_ESO
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    ZOS could make changes to make things more casual friendly to get more people into PVP. But they never will because they are afraid of running off what little base they have without successfully bringing in new blood to replace them.

Basically ESO PvP is in a death spiral. It is just a matter of when they fully realize it and decide to remove it.
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never. They love the casuals too much to bat an eye at us.

Is every PvE player a casual to you, since you speak like that? Because I dare say that the Leaderboard PvE players are easily just as dedicated as the PvP players

Wow, you made a ton of inferences from those eight words. Maybe they are thinking of all the events and amount of content surrounded around daily activities? They never even hinted around pve players not being dedicated. Maybe take a deep breath?

I agree though that never, sadly. For one, Cyro doesn't perform well and is one of the sore spots for ESO. Especially at a time in which any company that releases poorly optimized content will be dragged through the fire. They know it wouldn't be optimized well. Second, they can't consistently update battlegrounds, which is a much smaller scale development even if at minimum reusing developed content and placing 3 rune locations. Lastly, the last big pvp update was ic/sewers and that wasn't too far after release.

Sorry friend :(

:(
  • TheAlphaRaider
    TheAlphaRaider
    ✭✭✭
    Never. They love the casuals too much to bat an eye at us.

Is every PvE player a casual to you, since you speak like that? Because I dare say that the Leaderboard PvE players are easily just as dedicated as the PvP players

I mean its always going to be more casual in any game to pve than pvp. Time trials against limited and predictable NPCs is casual. I might be naive in saying this but there are no popular eSport pve games. Its just not nearly as practiced. Your play enviroment is static where pvp is dynamic.
  • echo2omega
    echo2omega
    ✭✭✭
    If there was 1 things that could be done to make PVP better it would be to reduce [eliminate] lag. Especially in cyrodiil (and Imperial City.)

If there were 2 things that could be done to make PVP better:
    The first thing would be to reduce [eliminate] lag.
    The second thing would be to turn off /tell /whisper in any PVP area. Sorry, but the PVP " ' community' " in ESO is TOXICAF. Like seriously if this was any sort of organized sport the umpire/referee would be throwing red cards left and right and ejecting players form the game. Get in there and start dropping the ban hammer HARD.

If there were 3 things that could be done to make PVP better:
    The first thing would be to incentivize players to PVP.
    + Bad ass looking cosmetics (armor/weapons/mounts/pets) that can only be gained via PVP.
    + Best in slot [for BOTH PVE and PVP] weapons/monster armor/ legendary(s) that can only be gained via PVP.
    Then fix server lag.
    Then turn off /tell /whisper in any PVP areas.

If there were 4 things that could be done to make PVP better:
    The first thing would be add in PVE buffs that are only provided as long as you control objectives in Cyrodiil and/or Imperial City.
    The second things would be elite gears
    The third thing lag
    The forth thing turn off /tell /whisper in any PVP areas.

If there were 5 things that could be done to make PVP Better:
    The first thing would be PVP tournaments.....NO WAIT STOP STOP STOP. The lag. Fixing the lag is definitely the first thing.
    THEN turn off /tell /whisper in any PVP areas.
    THEN gear
    THEN buffs
    and then finally tournaments.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As much as I like PvP in ESO, I sometimes wish that there was none in the game. It's very apparent that TES just doesn't attract PvP-minded gamers very much.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I'm not a PvP player, yes, there should be more DLC for PvP.
    Mainly because PvE gear keeps being nerfed because of PvP, and more PvP DLCs would justify that better.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give us group vs group duels and we will do the rest.

We could host 2vs2, 4vs4, 8vs8 tourneys, competitive Arenas, Guild vs Guild events. Practice outnumbered fights.
    Finally use the arenas we build in housing and so much more.

No PvP Content until they fix cyro isnt working, add something small scale pvp related in the mean time.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next year's chapter when Dagon transforms Cyrodiil!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    there will not be a pvp dlc until there is as much potential in that player-base as there is the casual, pve playerbase--i.e. never
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be nice. Perhaps something hybrid like IC again, though I really can't see it happening.
  • Neophyte
    Neophyte
    ✭✭✭
    The question is, what would you expect or like to see if they did do one ? I would actually like to hear peoples suggestions for this. We have cyro , battlegrounds and IC. So what else ?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Zeni develops for casuals, and most casual players don’t want pvp content.

The term "casual" really confuses me. I'd say I play rather casually, yet still only do primarily PvP content. I'll venture into PvE when I absolutely have to (Like for FG or farming a particular set).
  • Arkew
    Arkew
    ✭✭✭
    blackwood is 10 % dedicated to pvp since we have ppl who fight for node in shadowfen XD
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Zeni develops for casuals, and most casual players don’t want pvp content.

The term "casual" really confuses me. I'd say I play rather casually, yet still only do primarily PvP content. I'll venture into PvE when I absolutely have to (Like for FG or farming a particular set).

"casuals" does not mean casual in this sense. i would guess there are casual players within each subcommunity in eso. "casuals" i think refers to the amount of experience these players have and their application of it. if on saturday night, you are running a normal trial with friends, or decorating a house, you fall under "casuals". Meanwhile, of course, there can be players casually pvping or casually running veteran content.

I am not endorsing this term, but merely explaining my understanding of it.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice but I just can't see it happening. PvP in this game is probably the most fun content to do in this game when it works. Given that Cyrodiils never likely going to see a playable prime time ever again, ZoS should really look at options to the future of PvP.