The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

comptroller mail

bridgetrose
bridgetrose
✭✭✭
I checked my mail and I had mail in the player v player mail which I thought was weird because I don't know anyone who plays. So there is two Motif attachments and it says it's from the comptroller?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maybe they were sending to someone and they selected the wrong ID by accident
    Soupy twist
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

Maybe. When I played WoW if you'd been in certain kinds of battles and didn't have enough bag room or didn't pick something up that was due you, it would magically end up in mail. I wondered if it wasn't something like that.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's in the Player Mail section that means it was sent by another player, not ZOS or any automated system in the game.

If there's no message included to say who they are and why they sent it then it's quite likely they meant to send it to someone else and selected the wrong name by mistake (it's very easy to do in this game).

If you want to know for sure the best way is to send a message back and ask. There's no reply button (no really, there isn't) but you can note down their name and then click the Send button and write a message to them to ask why they sent the motifs.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe. When I played WoW if you'd been in certain kinds of battles and didn't have enough bag room or didn't pick something up that was due you, it would magically end up in mail. I wondered if it wasn't something like that.

No nothing like that in ESO, you need a handy merchant or banker with you if you don't want to lose that final treasure or whatever it is
    Soupy twist
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No nothing like that in ESO, you need a handy merchant or banker with you if you don't want to lose that final treasure or whatever it is

Or, if you don't have either of those, and no one else in your group does (if you're in a group), then you must go through your inventory looking for stuff you can right-click on and destroy. Ah, such happy memories of those days!
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • dlrgames
    dlrgames
    ✭✭
    If it is Player Mail, then “comptroller” is the name of the character that sent the message. If that is not someone you know, then as others have said the sender probably made an error selecting or typing the name.
    If you are on PC there are add-one that can add Reply and Return to Sender options to the mail system. I use Postmaster.