The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Random Ashlander/Morrowind thing

warg_derpin_gdf
While playing the Ashlander relic sidequests I was hit with that random melancholy feeling; knowing the event of the following games I can't help but cry out internally "YES!! When will the old tribes revive and the pacts be made once moar!!!!"
Karliah, when will you learn?!!
  • warg_derpin_gdf
    *events
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    The dramatic irony of Drelyth Hleran's promise not to displace the Ashlanders is one of my preferred features of the Morrowind chapter.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaushad wrote: »
    The dramatic irony of Drelyth Hleran's promise not to displace the Ashlanders is one of my preferred features of the Morrowind chapter.

Remember how much time passes between ESO and Morrowind, though. 3000 years is a LONG time, a lot can happen.

For us, that would be 1000 BC (roughly). That's the era of the ASSYRIANS and King David, King Solomon and the like. ANCIENT times.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »

Remember how much time passes between ESO and Morrowind, though. 3000 years is a LONG time, a lot can happen.

For us, that would be 1000 BC (roughly). That's the era of the ASSYRIANS and King David, King Solomon and the like. ANCIENT times.

It's only 800 years.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a great tie-in with the Balmora questline too, where we find out what some Redoran Councilors really think of Ashlanders. ZOS did a great job of setting up the founding on Ald'ruhn in ESO.
  • warg_derpin_gdf
    aw, and correct me if I not understanding. Is there a schism between St Veloth's values and the Tribunal? Namely, does the Tribunal see the Ashlanders as heathens overall even though the Ashlanders (and really the Tribunal also if they recognize Veloth; it's not like they excommunicated the name like the Sixth House has been) should recognize the pact that was made?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »

It's only 800 years.
    True but its still medieval time, or the last time Great Britain was invaded successfully.
    Yes the last 3 centuries has been hectic, but 600 bc and 200 ad is the rise of Rome from an city to an major empire.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • warg_derpin_gdf
    zaria wrote: »
    M_Volsung wrote: »

It's only 800 years.
    True but its still medieval time, or the last time Great Britain was invaded successfully.
    Yes the last 3 centuries has been hectic, but 600 bc and 200 ad is the rise of Rome from an city to an major empire.

and that chunk of retribution hanging over Vivec City is like Vivec dropped his proverbial (thank you) contact lens and is shouting "STOP! Nobody move!" while he holds it fast and that's the real Dragonbreak.

Seriously, that's fairly accurate for the era though. For instance Sheogorath's antics are still pretty much early mischief (spoilers): Stibbons' new permanent employment and pestering Shalidor like the new kid XD

• FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never played Morrowind but this topic got me to start reading a lot of Vvardenfell lore. Interesting stuff.