The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Extend the Event Because There Were Two Maintenances

maalmo
maalmo
Since there has been two maintenances - the first of which took 10 hours, the second of which was planned in the middle of the day - an extra day for the event would be nice.... I don't think it is too much to ask, and they have done that in the past. Please show the community a little love!
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Had two days to grind 10 ish hours to get to the CP cap for next patch. Both days we've now gotten a maintenance.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is the event going to be extended through the weekend?
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well the 11-hour "maintenance" broke Northern Elsweyr. Nothing was attacking anyone and you couldn't attack anything either. So I am assuming they are trying to fix that now - hopefully without breaking anything else. I am assuming this was "game-breaking" so they had to immediately go under maintenance again.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Yep. Had two days to grind 10 ish hours to get to the CP cap for next patch. Both days we've now gotten a maintenance.

Don't count on it, they don't actually care how much time you lose from your planned sessions.
  • maalmo
    maalmo
    siddique wrote: »
    Well the 11-hour "maintenance" broke Northern Elsweyr. Nothing was attacking anyone and you couldn't attack anything either. So I am assuming they are trying to fix that now - hopefully without breaking anything else. I am assuming this was "game-breaking" so they had to immediately go under maintenance again.

It is quite an issue lol! I understand why, but I don't care much about the reasoning because I know all kinds of things get broken - I just think because of it they should extend the event :smile:
  • dehzr
    dehzr
    ✭✭
    Trailed wrote: »

Don't count on it, they don't actually care how much time you lose from your planned sessions.

possibly, however they have extended XP events before due to downtime so i guess we will just have to wait and see
    -@ PowerstrokeN8R [PC-NA] - DPS: Magblade[Main] - Magplar - MagDK - Magsorc - Healer: Necromancer - Tank: DK - Warden
    Guild: Top Tier
  • maalmo
    maalmo

They've done it in the past iirc. That doesn't mean they'll do it again of course, maybe they'll throw a free pet at us, most likely they will do nothing
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More would be nice, but they probably have their schedule all figured out so I don't expect much. They may be busy with other things this close to launch.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well... the article said everything would be doubled for a week. We never expected maintenances were included in that statement. :innocent:
  • DaiKahn
    DaiKahn
    ✭✭✭✭

Does Gina ever answer @'s? I'm not on the forums all the time, but I've seen people attempting to summon her over anything and everything and I don't think I've ever seen her reply
    I'm just a man
    Hail Sithis
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    God PLEASE extend it! It's getting a bit much. Yesterday was a sore moment but doable, but even after 11 hours they STILL broke ***?! And now we gotta wait even more? all the while wasting precious double XP, double nodes and double gold?!

Week long event, more like... 4-5 days
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone not remember what happened at launch of both Greymoor and Elsweyr? You think this is bad, just wait two weeks...

Maintenance happens.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least they don't charge us extra for the extended down time, right?
    I mean, if we had to pony up the $$ for overtime, well, I can just imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth...

:#
    o:)
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • maalmo
    maalmo
    JoDiMageio wrote: »
    Does anyone not remember what happened at launch of both Greymoor and Elsweyr? You think this is bad, just wait two weeks...

Maintenance happens.

Maintenance happens I agree, I have witnessed a lot of these situations from ZOS; however, it does not have to do with the event, so is it really that much to ask?
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭

Maintenance happens.

Yes we are aware.

We are not complaining that it happened. We are asking the event be extended to compensate.

Nobody is asking for the manager or their money back. They are asking for a video game event to be extended.

Some perspective would be helpful if you're going to participate in the conversation.
  • xSurge
    xSurge
    ✭✭
    Yeah if they extend the event I won't be too sore over the double maintenance because it won't matter much. So hopefully they'll do the right thing and at least extend the event because that tagged on with losing essentially an entire day of ESO plus to maintenance is kinda ***.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone stop to consider that the event is here because of planned maintenance? The last time we had this event it was during a weekend where there were a lot of issues the week prior. I see this as an "apology" just like the last one.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • couriersix
    couriersix
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, the event should be extended to make up for lost play time.
    PC / NA - cp 1000+ - EP magicka necro.
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People ask for compensation every single time something happens. Stuff happens. That's life. You cannot always get compensated for things.

If there is an error or a problem on their side, then yes, I agree. But if it's to allow players to play properly (or as properly as we can expect) then it just smacks of entitlement sometimes, especially at the frequency people ask, or even demand, compensation. People asked for compensation yesterday, for planned maintenance I might add, and now they are asking again today.

It's not a lack of perspective, it's simply a different opinion.
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

At least they don't charge us extra for the extended down time, right?
    I mean, if we had to pony up the $$ for overtime, well, I can just imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth...

:#
    o:)

Subbed players may as well be paying money for the downtime.
  • maalmo
    maalmo
    People ask for compensation every single time something happens. Stuff happens. That's life. You cannot always get compensated for things.

If there is an error or a problem on their side, then yes, I agree. But if it's to allow players to play properly (or as properly as we can expect) then it just smacks of entitlement sometimes, especially at the frequency people ask, or even demand, compensation. People asked for compensation yesterday, for planned maintenance I might add, and now they are asking again today.

Do you know why this maintenance is being done? Because they broke Northern Elsewyr. It is not about entitlement, they literally broke the game. And once again, no one is disputing the fact that life happens.
    Edited by maalmo on May 18, 2021 6:29PM
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL what's funny is it says 2pm to 5pm. I mean, another 3hours??? :smiley:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭

It's a lack of perspective. We are not asking for compensation in the traditional sense.

We are requesting their event be extended so people who pay to play the game can set aside the time to gain from the event as they would have if the events mentioned had not taken place.

You are missing the point here and seem to be in disagreement simply for the sake of it without actually even addressing the actual post.
  • Chaquinho89
    Chaquinho89
    ✭✭✭
    It all makes sense now...

One week of Double Harvest Nodes Drops, Double XP, Double Gold, they just forgot to mention the Double Maintenance!
    PC / NA.

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. but without the Hero, there is no Event." -- Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sorry guys! I had two days off in a row and jinxed it for you all. :(
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • xSurge
    xSurge
    ✭✭

What a terrible take lmao

Nobody is asking for compensation. They're making sure they get to properly partake in an event that was scheduled to take place for certain periods of time.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    siddique wrote: »

So... did anyone go hug a dragon?
  • AlekoB253
    AlekoB253
    ✭✭
    Only problem i have is that the maintenance is happening in the middle of the day. Two days in a row now. Not sure why they can't do this during their normal time of like 3 or 4am EST.
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    xSurge wrote: »

What a terrible take lmao

Nobody is asking for compensation. They're making sure they get to properly partake in an event that was scheduled to take place for certain periods of time.

My thoughts exactly lol.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all makes sense now...

One week of Double Harvest Nodes Drops, Double XP, Double Gold, they just forgot to mention the Double Maintenance!
    That's some funny *** right there...
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If there is an error or a problem on their side, then yes, I agree.

Perhaps read my entire post before jumping all over me.

I'm simply stating that every time something goes wrong, people ask for compensation. The 1000 pages that you can find in the search about compensation will at least somewhat illustrate the point I am trying to make.

I don't disagree that sometimes compensation, whatever form it takes, is necessary, especially when big screw-ups happen. That's good business practice. I'm not even saying that extending the event is an issue - it won't cost them anything to do so. What I am saying is that the knee-jerk response of asking for compensation every time something goes wrong is problematic.

This event isn't even on the official event calendar (everyone thought the next event was MYM) and popped up without warning (which people complained about), gave everyone some extra time to get XP and gold that they weren't expecting, and yet somehow still manage to be upset by unexpected maintenance. It's extra days to begin with that no one was expecting.

I'm not saying to bend over backward and thank ZoS, I'm simply stating that seemingly requiring compensation every time something happens is tedious.