Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG][FIXED ON LIVE]Stalwart Guard and Mystic Guard can't target companions

Kuratius
Kuratius
✭✭✭
I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's an oversight, rather than a deliberate design decision, since it would go against the philosophy that companions are supposed to allow you to run group-oriented builds (for example support builds) during solo play.

Especially since it was probably never considered that players might want to guard NPCs, since it didn't really come up often if at all, since all NPC fighters were usually immortal (or they were pets), and pets have massive damage reduction, but this isn't the case with companions.

It would help a lot with their perceived survivability issues as well, since we can't control them as well as we'd like and their AI isn't very good.

Please fix this before you let companions go live.
Edited by Kuratius on June 4, 2021 1:40PM
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to be unable to edit my original post, but I feel like I should mention that I have continously reported this bug both in-game and using the respective bug report/companion feedback threads during every PTS patch since 7.0.1 and it still hasn't been fixed, so it probably warrants its own thread.
    Edited by Kuratius on May 17, 2021 10:52PM
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they can fix this 😢. I want to protect my new friend and companion.
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭

They did fix similar targeting issues where necromancer pets didn't target companions with their healing, so I hope that there just haven't been enough people who reported it. You can always report this using /bug or /feedback on the PTS as well, if you want.
    Edited by Kuratius on May 17, 2021 10:59PM
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuratius wrote: »

They did fix similar targeting issues where necromancer pets didn't target companions with their healing, so I hope that there just haven't been enough people who reported it. You can always report this using /bug or /feedback on the PTS as well, if you want.

I have done so let's hope it helps!
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭
    emxa4jzypwnq.png
    For anyone who wants a followup on this: They fixed it, but forgot to mention it in the patch notes. Praise be!