The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Molten Whip Gives Characters Tinnitus

Lygatto
Lygatto
✭✭
Hey there! I already submitted a bug report in-game, but I thought I would post on the forums as well, just in case it's something limited to my side.

Molten Whip (one of the morphs for Dragonknight's Lava Whip) seems to have an audio bug associated with the buff it gives. When an Ardent Flame skill is used, Molten Whip grants the user a stack of Seething Fury. When Seething Fury reaches 3 stacks (its max), a humming audio plays in tandem with a fiery-eyed visual effect. Seething Fury only stays up for about 5 seconds by design, but the humming audio related to Seething Fury continues to play for 15~20 seconds after the buff disappears. While it doesn't sound that bad on paper, it's a bit annoying considering that it happens EVERY time you reach 3 stacks (which is practically every fight). I enjoy the skill, and it fits in well with a build I'm running, but the constant humming has just become grating after a while.

I've considered turning off my sound effects just to avoid it, but it's almost worse to go through combat like it's a silent film. The only real option available to me is to remove Molten Whip from my build, but I'd prefer not to if it's possible.

Has anyone else had audio issues with this skill, or others like it? If so, are there any workarounds to fix the issue? Or are you doomed to listen to SFX loops unless you remove the skill entirely?
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Encountered a similar sound bug today playing mdk in Cyrodiil and already submitted a ticket in-game. The loud humming sound from the Seething Fury buff persists indefinitely after combat if stacks were active when combat ended. It can be cleared if you rezone, but it's very disruptive and makes me not want to use Molten Whip or play mdk at all.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps