The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

In the PTS, nobody can hear you scream

jrgray93
jrgray93
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It sure would be nice if player feedback counted for anything around here.

A 15 month absence and now I'm contemplating leaving the game again already. It took one PTS cycle to get me this mad.
  • Battle spirit exists. Use it. People have been at each other's throats for seven years because you refuse to make balance changes without screwing over one side or the other. I don't care if it adds a sever-side calculation. You've reduced these recently and have the budget to include it without breaking the game. It can't be worse than it has been in the past.
  • Why are you so concerned with repeatedly nerfing my DPS? You keep incrementally lowering the ceiling and have neglected to raise the floor. I can't pug and am forced to run dungeons with the same people repeatedly, because running with 95% of the player base is a nightmare. Everyone and their mom is doing 5-10k DPS, but balance changes are constantly fatiguing the minority of players who have mastered the game. God forbid I be able to blast through content after thousands of hours of grinding and training. At least I can only do 75k DPS on a trial dummy instead of 78k now. That will really make Jimmy over there with his heavy attack spam and pale order ring able to compete.
  • On a related note, can you please stop making it so masochistic to play my tanks? I can't stand hitting the dungeon queue on my tanks because I'm at the mercy of Jimmy picking his nose in the corner for two hours in a dungeon that should take 15 minutes. But hey, at least you managed to lower his PvE DPS from 7k to 5k because someone got hit with one too many Skoria procs in a BG by a guy with 30k health and screamed about it. It sure will be nice to have even less build variety when another dozen or two already underperforming sets are nullified by unreasonably high scaling requirements.
EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the thread title. But wholeheartedly agree with the post. It's gotten beyond tiring.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You wouldn't like running a dungeon with me.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great title! Not funny, but may as well laugh :D

With all the comments about Companions, this has been one of the funniest PTS cycles ever!
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much feels like the void of space. Feel like i cant breathe either.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great title and I agree with your comment.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just become a semi-famous YouTuber/Twitch streamer, it's that simple
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would give 3x AWESOME to this post if I could.
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every word of it is truth. +1 for the title as well... everyone buckle up for quite probably the worst patch of all ESO's turbulent history!
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    That will really make Jimmy over there with his heavy attack spam and pale order ring able to compete.
    [/list]

This line right here, hit different. I felt the pain you went through.
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭

A 15 month absence and now I'm contemplating leaving the game again already. It took one PTS cycle to get me this mad.
    • Battle spirit exists. Use it. People have been at each other's throats for seven years because you refuse to make balance changes without screwing over one side or the other. I don't care if it adds a sever-side calculation. You've reduced these recently and have the budget to include it without breaking the game. It can't be worse than it has been in the past.
    • Why are you so concerned with repeatedly nerfing my DPS? You keep incrementally lowering the ceiling and have neglected to raise the floor. I can't pug and am forced to run dungeons with the same people repeatedly, because running with 95% of the player base is a nightmare. Everyone and their mom is doing 5-10k DPS, but balance changes are constantly fatiguing the minority of players who have mastered the game. God forbid I be able to blast through content after thousands of hours of grinding and training. At least I can only do 75k DPS on a trial dummy instead of 78k now. That will really make Jimmy over there with his heavy attack spam and pale order ring able to compete.
    • On a related note, can you please stop making it so masochistic to play my tanks? I can't stand hitting the dungeon queue on my tanks because I'm at the mercy of Jimmy picking his nose in the corner for two hours in a dungeon that should take 15 minutes. But hey, at least you managed to lower his PvE DPS from 7k to 5k because someone got hit with one too many Skoria procs in a BG by a guy with 30k health and screamed about it. It sure will be nice to have even less build variety when another dozen or two already underperforming sets are nullified by unreasonably high scaling requirements.

I have a Dk Tank who I made back in beta and every patch I hate him more and wish he was just a necro dps. The DK class is unbelievably stale. Tank sustain and survivability nerfed over and over again. Now any kind of off dps for easier dungeons and overland content is gone cuz of the proc changes and the best part is both sides got screwed. Pve lost all proc sets beyond Relequin which I could write a whole thread on how tired I am of that meta but different point. And what did pvp gain from this? Apparently proc sets are even worse over there now? Balance!
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps nose-picking could be made a HoT/AoE skill.
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭

the synergy should read along the lines of: allies can activate the "eat schnozberry" synergy to double the effects of any food or drink buff on them for 30 seconds.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

the synergy should read along the lines of: allies can activate the "eat schnozberry" synergy to double the effects of any food or drink buff on them for 30 seconds.

Huh, I wonder why there are no limited time food interaction set bonuses. Just the permanent ones.
  • grumpy_pants95

[*] Why are you so concerned with repeatedly nerfing my DPS? You keep incrementally lowering the ceiling and have neglected to raise the floor. I can't pug and am forced to run dungeons with the same people repeatedly, because running with 95% of the player base is a nightmare. Everyone and their mom is doing 5-10k DPS, but balance changes are constantly fatiguing the minority of players who have mastered the game. God forbid I be able to blast through content after thousands of hours of grinding and training. At least I can only do 75k DPS on a trial dummy instead of 78k now. That will really make Jimmy over there with his heavy attack spam and pale order ring able to compete.

I think you're just frustrated overall. The devs have said that the dps will be lowered even more with Blackwood. Currently with CP 2.0 is quite impossible no matter how much you don't know how to play the game or how new you are to not be able to do a consistent dps - even if it's 20k.

Nothing is about dps race, which clearly you have missed the point. Everything is playing the game as it was intended from the beginning. Go through mechs, come up with different and unique builds and strategies to take down bosses and dragons and such.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you're just frustrated overall. The devs have said that the dps will be lowered even more with Blackwood. Currently with CP 2.0 is quite impossible no matter how much you don't know how to play the game or how new you are to not be able to do a consistent dps - even if it's 20k.

Nothing is about dps race, which clearly you have missed the point. Everything is playing the game as it was intended from the beginning. Go through mechs, come up with different and unique builds and strategies to take down bosses and dragons and such.

We must be playing different games. Maybe you're new here. I assure you I have missed no points.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone can do consistent 20k? Have we told the random PUG DDs they're allowed to do that?
    PC NA