The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So this is it.

• merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's a big patch of stuff to balance the game in a direction that the playerbase isn't happy about. Again. Nerf CP despite the values already being super low and then say "It's cause you asked for it" when that's not what we were talking about? Proc sets in pvp again, but just overpowered while being underpowered in PVE due to the limitations? Companions being mediocre at best?

I mean at this point the writing is on the wall. ZoS isn't good at balancing their game, and this is because PVE and PVP are totally different systems with different needs, yet they insist on trying to balance both when they should just be balancing them individually and separating the two. It would help out players a ton, really.
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    sometimes I think they are intentionally trying to tank the game with these updates so they can focus elsewhere. I mean if they run off all the players who knew it at its peak then those who pick it up later and stick with it will think everything is fine and dandy and there must be some secret to completing vet content that no one can do anymore, or that vet content was intended only for the elite of the elite
    Edited by honey_badger82 on May 12, 2021 8:10PM
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

BlueRaven wrote: »
    But I have to say u30 is aiming up to be the WORST patch I have ever experienced in ESO. Usually there is just one or two things that I am upset with (Bosmers losing stealth), but this patch?

CP nerfs
    Proc set Nerfs
    12 person limit for overland content.
    Companions being regulated to being an in game Tamagotchi.

The Blackwood zone LOOKS nice enough, but everything in the patch notes are horrible. There is not one bright spot. Not one "at least we are getting this" thing to hold on to. I mean that new house with the cathedral is cool, but then everything else starts falling apart.

Agree completely. I've not been thrilled with any chapter the last couple of years but this is the first time I'm considering passing. I typically purchase chapters, if for nothing else, just to support the game. But honestly, this kind of effort is really tough to get behind. Not that they aren't trying their best, but it just feels so misguided, blinded by a singular vision, deaf and dumb to what players actually enjoy. Same old game, same old story. It's just getting old.