Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So this is it.

Sandman929
Sandman929
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
One week to go, probably will be mostly Companion tweaks and bug fixes. At this point we can say ZOS has achieved the balance they were after for this update, and it looks like after a few months without procs, ZOS wants to bring them back in what will be the worst proc meta PvP has ever seen.
I wish you all good fortune in the procs to come.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This week of PTS is always minor things. This is pretty much an expected set of patch notes.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    This week of PTS is always minor things. This is pretty much an expected set of patch notes.

If that's your guess. I think ZOS will make the new system the focus of the last week. But maybe there will be some huge balance swings and class fixes in the last week. I'm not hopeful.
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, by years what is written in the first patch notes is what goes live. Yes, sometimes with little adjustements, but usually nothing changes and nothing has been reverted during any pts cycle
    PC-EU
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every give a round of applause to ZoS! They have effectively crippled their new CP system just 3 months after its release! Hope you all enjoy the 60 cp level grind for your astoundingly huge pen amount of 700 and the whopping 1.5% crit chance!
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every PTS cycle is like this, they address feedback with X.0.2 then the rest is bug fixes.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good I've received my money back for ESO+ this month and didn't bought Blackwood :) Time to refresh some old classics :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every give a round of applause to ZoS! They have effectively crippled their new CP system just 3 months after its release! Hope you all enjoy the 60 cp level grind for your astoundingly huge pen amount of 700 and the whopping 1.5% crit chance!

They said they were going to do this last patch. That they were looking into further minimizing the power that CP offered. Not sure why this is coming as a surprise to people when they told us up front this would happen.
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Good I've received my money back for ESO+ this month and didn't bought Blackwood :) Time to refresh some old classics :)

Dude my kid was so disheartened when he read the initial patchnotes he quit playing right then and went back to playing dark souls 2 and 3. His eso+ is up in june and he told me he doesn't want it renewed. I have not purchased blackwood for either of us and will probably be making the call to try and get reimbursed for the remaining 6 months of my eso+. I have enough crowns they can take the appropriate amount back too.

For me it's not so much about the CP nerf which does suck and I do not do vet content anymore because how hard it is to complete DLC vets without anything but a dedicated group. Since CP 2.0 100% of my pug random vet dungeons that landed in a DLC have been unable to complete. What really kills me is there is only cries and begging to not do it and not 1 single voice saying they dont mind all CP passives to get cut 50% yet they ignore it all... and do not even give us 1 single line of explanation in all patchnotes since or even here in the forums.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They said they were going to do this last patch. That they were looking into further minimizing the power that CP offered. Not sure why this is coming as a surprise to people when they told us up front this would happen.

They did, though it was back in March with the CP 2.0 FAQ. That's currently got around 10k views on the forums, which seems like a lot, except we know that ZOS gets a lot higher viewership on their website because they've said so, and I don't recall them talking about it elsewhere.

As for me, I read the CP 2.0 FAQ, "The overall goal was to reduce the power of high end damage and efficiency by 15-20% with CP 2.0, as there is a significant delta in power between many players. However, due to the penetration bug we saw on LIVE and PTS, we didn't fully reach that goal, and will continue investigating solutions, such as potentially reducing passive power from the CP system further, as well as looking into more outlying problems."

And I thought "Oh boy, brace for nerfs." But I can't say I'm surprised that lots of people seem to have missed that statement from ZOS or weren't expecting that ZOS was going to nerf their new CP system the update after it launched.
  • qwudd
    qwudd
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped playing a month ago perhaps. Fatigued by all the negative changes sure, but mostly bc timeconstraints. Still, this gets me sad oddly enough.

Why. Cant. The. Devs. Communicate?

Noone is optimistic about this patch, if this is it.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At this moment I'm honestly just tired of seeing weapon skills continue to get mostly buffed while class skills get outright nerfed, neglected, or pointlessly reworked/tweaked with each update (stuff like single-digit changes to skills). I didn't choose a class so I could play non-class, generic skills available to any, damnit. What is the point of choosing a class if there's no identity?

Champion point system 2.0 (or is it 2.1?) is a two-year failure and is the same old system but with some extra redundancies tacked on. It needs at least some vertical incentive to engage with but they removed even more. Where is the incentive to keep leveling up past the cap if the player doesn't get to slot more passives? Why even bother playing the game at that point?

It feels like they focus so much on drawing in the casual new-player who likes to splurge money on playing house, now with their new virtual 'companion' (starting to sound an awful lot like a dating simulator now that I think about it), while throwing away players who are trying to get better and progress like a spent... well, you probably get the picture.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They said they were going to reduce dps effectiveness from CP this patch. What they did was the opposite of that, though.

They nerfed the minor things (penetration, crit chance) and more than compensated for it with the addition of new stars, especially Master at Arms. Yes, I know that's an active star, but it so far overpowers the previous possibilities for dps that it should more than make up for the loss of 700 penetration and 1.5% crit chance. That nullifies their entire goal of lowering power granted by CP and makes the severe cuts to the passives (as well as the passives themselves) seem pointless.
  • F22nickell
    F22nickell
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, just cancelled my ESO+ that ends in June. May log in a few more times before this travesty hits the streets, but may not. May have logged in for the last time today. Unfortunately, I pre-ordered Blackwood. Oh well, cest la vie. Live and learn.
    Fix Wrothgar Relic Hunter for Pete's Sake! ... Until then ... ZOS=POS
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F22nickell wrote: »
    Yep, just cancelled my ESO+ that ends in June. May log in a few more times before this travesty hits the streets, but may not. May have logged in for the last time today. Unfortunately, I pre-ordered Blackwood. Oh well, cest la vie. Live and learn.

I'll go strap on the cheese and kill with it and die from it. Remembering back to why ZOS decided to disable sets, they planned to reintroduce them when they could easily disable them individually if needed...or something to that effect. So maybe we'll get some sort of fun moving goalpost, where we'll put together a build that absolutely is overperforming, and the following week ZOS will shut it off.
    That will be a whole new kind of fun.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitively "not it" because there's still a week of PTS and the actual Update 30 Live patch notes. If you're stressed about it, maybe take a break and do something you enjoy.

I'm looking forward to Update 30 overall. In my testing, Selene's was only hitting for 1-1.5k more damage against a target dummy in medium armor vs light. So I'm not overly worried about the mag vs stam imbalance, but I'm not looking forward to getting jumped on by procblades lol. The main counterplay to that is stacking more Max Health, which isn't my playstyle.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭

They said they would monitor and balance as neccessary. They also said that around CP 1200 you would FEEL as powerful as 810 in the old CP system (not actually BE as powerful). Now cut all passives in half and it becomes impossible to even "feel" as powerful because the numbers that made it are no longer there to attain.
    I get some of the passive cuts, all my dps have like 20k health with me putting absolutely nothing into it equipment or stat point wise. I have characters with 34k stam with only 2 sets of gear providing 1 line each of stamina each. Max resource passives cut in half fine. Extra garbage bash damage cut in half, ok! But there is no need to further cut block reduction passive (tanks already have a hard go with this new CP system), roll dodge and break free reduction and worst crit and pen. I mean we went from 5200 pen to 1400. That's enough of a nerf already yet they take it down further?!! No these blanket passive nerfs are uncalled for and no one wants any passive nerfed period. The only complaint about the new system is how many points it takes to get what's needed.
    They could of fixed this but simply cutting the cost of each stage in half instead. I.E. 5 points per stage instead of 10 and it would of satisfied most on the matter.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is why I quit playing this game. I came back, and a month later, I'm exhausted [snip] already. I just don't get it.

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 11, 2021 12:41PM
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because they did not communicate it like that. They said "we listened to your feedback and cut the power in CP in half so you don't have to grind anymore". That is not exactly what is happening. Yes they listened to the feedback to reduce grind, but they also nerfed CP, which the players didn't want but ZOS wanted. But the way they presented it, it looks to players like ZOS is patting themselves on the back for not properly listening to feedback, which obviously makes players mad.

ZOS needs to realize that not everyone is always reading everything there is to read, so they can't just mix two unrelated changes in one change and then only address one of those things in the developer comments because most people will be missing that context.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the macro-based combat system. It's going to be a far reach to see classes regain their on-par naked balance. At least it's a visual macro system where everyone can pair up a activation skill to the proc sets, that's sort of balancing now with a few tweaks to reach numerical prerequisites.

What I do know is several people from my guild have turned to other games, as the shift in our discord community looks elsewhere than ESO; even some of our content players have taken a back seat with the changes.

So, yes. This is it. Time to pull out some pen and paper to draft up how to create the best macro proc set combo with key skills, and pair up the best class passives since class itself is illrelevant. May the best macro user win. Good luck all.
    Edited by Sahidom on May 11, 2021 3:31AM
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    jecks33 wrote: »
    Guys, by years what is written in the first patch notes is what goes live. Yes, sometimes with little adjustements, but usually nothing changes and nothing has been reverted during any pts cycle

This is not true. They changed the 1-sec cast time on shields. That was so horrible that they had to revert it. Nothing else comes to mind so you're almost right.
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jecks33 wrote: »

This is not true. They changed the 1-sec cast time on shields. That was so horrible that they had to revert it. Nothing else comes to mind so you're almost right.

Not completely true... they added 1 sec cast time on shields, when the community become mad they said "Ok gang, we listen to our community!! We'll remove the cats time but we'll nerf shields by 50% and 60%. Are you happy now?"

In that case cast time seemed like a diversion to hide the real huge huge nerf to damage shields
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 11, 2021 12:41PM
    PC-EU
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm at 1918 CP on live and already have run out of stars I want to spend CP's on (no, I don't care about fishing, sneaking, stealing, housing, mount speed, healing, or saving gold). I can hardly wait for all those extra CP's from whacking the passives in half..and nothing to spend them on. :/

Horizontal progression is a nice concept if you're interested in every single aspect of the game. Earth to ZOS...no one is.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    I'm at 1918 CP on live and already have run out of stars I want to spend CP's on (no, I don't care about fishing, sneaking, stealing, housing, mount speed, healing, or saving gold). I can hardly wait for all those extra CP's from whacking the passives in half..and nothing to spend them on. :/

Horizontal progression is a nice concept if you're interested in every single aspect of the game. Earth to ZOS...no one is.

I believe the extra cps will only show up in the blue and red trees. The green tree is fairly untouched.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

I believe the extra cps will only show up in the blue and red trees. The green tree is fairly untouched.

Lol, the green tree is where I need them!

Red and blue don't radically change often for me, even at 1400cp. The green tree is where I can use a lot of different slot-able skills, and I'm nowhere close to being there at 1400.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Red and blue don't radically change often for me, even at 1400cp. The green tree is where I can use a lot of different slot-able skills, and I'm nowhere close to being there at 1400.

Yup everyone complained about the green tree. So they changed the other two. /blink
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭

Yup everyone complained about the green tree. So they changed the other two. /blink

You surprised? Lol.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You surprised? Lol.

At this point? Not really.
    But I have to say u30 is aiming up to be the WORST patch I have ever experienced in ESO. Usually there is just one or two things that I am upset with (Bosmers losing stealth), but this patch?

CP nerfs
    Proc set Nerfs
    12 person limit for overland content.
    Companions being regulated to being an in game Tamagotchi.

The Blackwood zone LOOKS nice enough, but everything in the patch notes are horrible. There is not one bright spot. Not one "at least we are getting this" thing to hold on to. I mean that new house with the cathedral is cool, but then everything else starts falling apart.
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You surprised? Lol.

At this point? Not really.
    But I have to say u30 is aiming up to be the WORST patch I have ever experienced in ESO. Usually there is just one or two things that I am upset with (Bosmers losing stealth), but this patch?

CP nerfs
    Proc set Nerfs
    12 person limit for overland content.
    Companions being regulated to being an in game Tamagotchi.

The Blackwood zone LOOKS nice enough, but everything in the patch notes are horrible. There is not one bright spot. Not one "at least we are getting this" thing to hold on to. I mean that new house with the cathedral is cool, but then everything else starts falling apart.

they even removed the most useful mythic item in the last minute.... (harvester ring)

I thought u29 was a really crap patch at the time. u30 trumps it easily.

ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • KeiRaikon
    KeiRaikon
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to what u30 is shaping up to be u29 was a blessing of a patch. I'm still excited to experience the new zone and story but all the changes made so far make any extended playtime more then a one off of the new zone pretty unexciting.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget, if that combat bug appears where you freeze and can't do anything at all combat wise (already happens on live @ the outfit station, but this bug happens in combat too on the PTS), the game won't be enjoyable in PvE nor PvP.

That's just the tip of the iceberg for bugs.

It will be a very interesting patch indeed...