Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trail Group Finder

Apridise
Apridise
✭✭
I don't mind pugging trials, but I do get tired of sitting around trying to find one in Bekkarth, the game really could use a tool that helps assist in this regard, something preferably like what FFXIV has. One that doesn't group automatically, but gives you a list of groups that are trying to for, exactly what they are forming for, and with details as to what the group is looking for or wanting.
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Currently you must be in the right zone. Must be watching chat. Must get your tell in in time. Hope someone is forming a group for the trial you want.

I’m in a guild that does trials but they are specific time and day. And usually just one. If it’s full I have to wait.

So yeah. Make it similar to dungeon finder.
    Edited by Tigertron on April 30, 2021 11:18PM
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apridise wrote: »
    I don't mind pugging trials, but I do get tired of sitting around trying to find one in Bekkarth, the game really could use a tool that helps assist in this regard, something preferably like what FFXIV has. One that doesn't group automatically, but gives you a list of groups that are trying to for, exactly what they are forming for, and with details as to what the group is looking for or wanting.

If they implemented a system like you're describing, I think it could probably work. If they tried to make it an extension of the GF we have now, it would probably create as many problems as it solved.
  • Nastassiya
    Nastassiya
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I see many problems with a random trial finder lol =\

Everyone is going to fake tank/heal role!
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have died of dysentery.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nastassiya wrote: »

No different from the current way to find PUG groups but faster and more streamline.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It surely cannot be any worse than the current Group Finder tool used for the Undaunted Dungeons.

But then again...... Looking at ZOS track record, may be it would be.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Nastassiya
    Nastassiya
    ✭✭✭

No different from the current way to find PUG groups but faster and more streamline.

Nope, I've been in some pug trials where a temp discord server link was sent out. I prefer that method. That opportunity is pretty much gone with a finder.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would they? It seems to me that for trials, a lot of times the DPS is the last group to fill.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Immobilechaosbot
    Immobilechaosbot
    Soul Shriven
    im sure that someone could make an addon that does this similar to how nirn auction house automates alot of trading. an addon could have a list of lfg's and just set up an auto invite for whoever started the group and from there the crown could weed out fake tanks and such
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am about to try dipping my toe into doing raids in ESO. I have found a good guild and plan to run with once I get better gear. I figure it is better to ruin with an organized group than random pugs. To each their own though.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is one of the only times I will say I would want content to be CP walled. 600+ to use the trial finder.

I would also like it to behave somewhat differently than the current dungeon finder. Rather than 12 individual people hitting the queue, I would prefer it to require a group of 4-11 to create a listing for a trial and allow the queue to find the remaining 1-8 players. That would at least force you to find a player or two manually, and may help to make sure a group isn't entirely comprised of random people. No groups of 12 randos. It would also have to allow for role flexibility in the listing, so you can run 1 tank, 1 heal, etc to your liking, depending on the trial. Default 2-2-8.

So your options would be...

Queue the same way as in the current dungeon finder as whatever role, random or specific trial
    or
    Create a listing to collect players to fill the remaining roles in your group.

This would also give people the chance to port in new players if someone has to leave.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This old horse
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, I've been in some pug trials where a temp discord server link was sent out. I prefer that method. That opportunity is pretty much gone with a finder.

@Nastassiya

How is that gone? Once the group is formed, anyone can just send a discord link to the group chat.

I've used GF for vet DLC dungs and someone linked a discord and we all joined it.

It is no different from dungeon GF. The whole purpose of it is to find 12 online players and create a group for the specified trial or dungeon as quickly as possible. Instead of being forced to be in craglorn and consistently reading and typing in chat.
    Edited by Viewsfrom6ix on May 2, 2021 1:05PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This question about Trial / Arena group finder support was asked once on ZOS twitch stream and basically they said that this idea is coming back very often and Devs talk about it internally, and it seemed like the only reason why such an important feature is still not in the game is purely technical. They said that normal group finder for Dungeons often has issues and designing group finder for Trials would require making normal group dungeons to work perfectly.

TLDR - It is not the meter of game difficulty. It is most likely the matter of time... They know about it, they would want to add it, but it is not on their list of priorities.

Personally, I would love to have a nTrial group finder for base game stuff. It is easier than some nDLC dungeons and vet DLC Dungeons for sure.
    blkjag wrote: »
    This old horse
    Well, it may be old, but it is still alive... ;)
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 2, 2021 1:17PM
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been pondering this as of late...

As it appears that Trial pugs are becoming less active and harder to find.
    While Trail guilds are not inviting to those whom do not use Dischord even for normal Trials.

So maybe its time for a Trail Group Finder...

Probably best if this was for Normal Trials only at first, then Vet trials possibly in 6 months after seeing how it worked for Normal.

Make it so it groups players as soon as more than 2 players are looking for the same Trial. Adding other players as they que for that particular trial. This way you can select the Trials you want and be placed with others no matte what zone you are in.

Making it easier than having to be a a specific zone and just spamming chat with lfg, competing with GUILD ads, and local Zone chat.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I am about to try dipping my toe into doing raids in ESO. I have found a good guild and plan to run with once I get better gear. I figure it is better to ruin with an organized group than random pugs. To each their own though.

Guilds and other organized groups are typically always going to the more enjoyable option. That said, many also tend to have more of a schedule. A lot of guilds set up their runs at specific times, which is nice, but if you're farming gear PUGs can be a faster option.

What a PUG offers is flexibility. People that want to run a trial 5-6 times in an evening (or more) trying to get that elusive staff use that as an avenue without needing to commit to schedules. The obvious risk is that they can be a mixed bag.

• Nastassiya
    Nastassiya
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    I have been pondering this as of late...

As it appears that Trial pugs are becoming less active and harder to find.
    While Trail guilds are not inviting to those whom do not use Dischord even for normal Trials.

This is not a personal attack so please don't take it as such. Why would you not hop on discord just to listen? I understand not everyone wants to speak and I really don't care to vocally talk to strangers, but I'm required to as I am a tank.
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greevir wrote: »
    You have died of dysentery.

Ford the river. 5Lbs of flour, 1Lb of salt and 1 child swept away by the current. "Man, gonna miss those supplies"
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what I'm getting from OP post, its more of a signup board than finder.

Imagining a UI where you can check off what you have, post it, then others check off the role they want to fill.
  • Apridise
    Apridise
    ✭✭
    So I see a lot of discussing talking about implementing a system like the current dungeon finder, as I mentioned above I think a system more like what ffxiv has would be better suited. In this system someone `posts` they want to start a trial, what trial they want to do, and has the ability when creating this to specify what jobs they are looking for and can lock it so those looking to join have to make a request that needs to be approved by the person who is setting up the trial. This is MUCH more involved and nothing like the current dungeon finder. One of the features I also enjoyed with the tool ffxiv has is you could search this list when you were looking to join a group and it would notify you every so often if your search criteria matched anyone posting a group they had created.
  • Galbsadi
    Galbsadi
    ✭✭✭
    They could do this like Party Finder (not duty finder) in FFXIV. Basically a noticeboard that just helps people organize.

I think that'd be a great idea.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is that trail group anyway? I'm lost out here all alone!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kicked around the idea of a chat channel for trials that can be seen in all zones. It would need to be mostly automated though so players couldn't spam items they are selling or guilds they want us to join. Basically a player would start a trial and get a drop menu. The player would then pick how many of each role they need and if doing vet could maybe put in a CP requirement. After done a message would be generated in chat saying a trial group has started looking something like 'Cloudrest normal starting 1 tank 2 heal 8 DPS needed'. Players would right click (or whatever on console) on their role and be added to the group.
    This way we wouldn't need to hang out in Craglorn to find a group, the group leader could choose the team make-up and the channel wouldn't be plagued with spam. First come first served. Still could be a problem with fake roles.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."