Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ultrawide + Second monitor

Mortac
Mortac
✭✭✭
I have a primary ultrawide monitor running at 3440x1440.
I also have a secondary monitor running at 1920x1200.

Whenever I start ESO, every single time, whatever I'm running on my second monitor will flip and move over to my primary monitor, forcing me to alt+tab out of the game to adjust it back while the game is running.

Likewise, every single time I start ESO, it starts in what appears to be the wrong resolution. When I go to settings, it lists as 3440x1440, but the graphics are very low-res. So every time I need to switch the game from Fullscreen to Windowed Fullscreen and then back to Fullscreen again to fix the resolution problem.

I repeat: I have to do this every single time I start the game and it's been like this for a long time.

I have Windows 10 and a GTX 1070. Both Windows and video drivers are updated.
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Mortac wrote: »
    I have a primary ultrawide monitor running at 3440x1440.
    I also have a secondary monitor running at 1920x1200.

Whenever I start ESO, every single time, whatever I'm running on my second monitor will flip and move over to my primary monitor, forcing me to alt+tab out of the game to adjust it back while the game is running.

Likewise, every single time I start ESO, it starts in what appears to be the wrong resolution. When I go to settings, it lists as 3440x1440, but the graphics are very low-res. So every time I need to switch the game from Fullscreen to Windowed Fullscreen and then back to Fullscreen again to fix the resolution problem.

I repeat: I have to do this every single time I start the game and it's been like this for a long time.

I have Windows 10 and a GTX 1070. Both Windows and video drivers are updated.

This is a LONG running issue if you have multiple monitors. I play in 4k and have 2 other 1080p monitors. Every time I start the game it's set to super low resolution, I have to flip it to full screened windowed and back to full screen to fix it. Super annoying.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windows 10 may be the root cause to this. I saw an article on the web about a pending fix coming in a windows update. I think you can even get the fix by itself early and try it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Microsoft is finally fixing Windows 10 rearranging apps on multiple monitors - The Verge

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/4/28/22407995/microsoft-windows-apps-rearranging-sleep-resume-fix-directx-12
    Edited by Nestor on May 8, 2021 1:35AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"