The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 30 - Feedback Thread for Housing & Furnishings

• ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Pantherfang and Water's Edges are great houses. My wife loves Water's Edge( i like it but she is a big fan) and i love the Pantherfang. The Chapel is nice( sunlight through the stain glass windows onto the floor is a nice touch) but my favorite part is the Fort on this one. I still wish there was a way to trim/edit the tall grass. when we buy a house.

My wife is a big fan of the furnishings. Again i like them but she loves them. ZOS has really upped their painting, carpet, and tapestry game. I prefurnished both homes and we both love the new paintings, carpet, and tapestries.

We also like the lighting style. I am a big fan of the street lamps( both versions)myself. Also the seafood plates for food decor is good as well. My wife likes the clothing but it does look quite flat for wrinkled clothing. She is big into sewing and such and would love to see more clothing, fabric, sewing, etc. options as well.

Overall the furnishings look unique to a different area/culture but not out of place in ESO or mixed with other styles. So good job on that.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the current entrance (While its cute and different) is that visitors to your house have to go up THRU the chapel or the fort both of which are a winding process.. (Unlike say stillwater lake where I wish the inside wasn't there but at least its a straight shot to the outside and quick.)
    You don't have to go through either buildings, the flooded tunnel leads straight out to the courtyard, next to the little waterfall.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furnishing <3 standouts <3 :
    • Laundry Stack
    • Strewn trousers and socks (are you sure Bastian isn't romancable?)
    • Tapestries with all the pretty designs, colors and cute little boats
    • Corncobs
    • Lettuce Leaf
    • Milk Mug
    • Tomatoes, vine
    • All the super disturbing seafood stuff
    • The Deadlands Ashen furniture, just for it's unusual and unique grey coloring
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I normally don't post a lot in the feedback threads but I'm excited about this new chapter and really wanted to give my thoughts. I really hope someone from the ZOS team reads these and take some of the advice from everyone who post their feedback.

What are your general thoughts on new houses?

Waters Edge:
    Will definitely consider purchasing this house, furnished, and I hope it will be the first one to be released.

1. The walls, ceilings, and floors are beautifully done with better textures and a more realistic look to them, hoping these recipes will be made available to purchase for use in my other homes.

2. Love the new fireplaces, although is doesn't make sense that there were two placed in the one building and none in the other. Also the fact that you cannot move either one, at least the stone one, will mean that putting a fireplace in the second building will need to be a different style, closest I found was the Solitude Fireplace, Kitchen and it doesn't match good enough to want to use that one. The way the stone fireplace comes up into the loft is sort of nice but unrealistic the way the cross beam sinks down into the stones. PLEASE MAKE THESE FIREPLACES EDITABLE AND AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE.

3. The fact that the main floor in both houses do not have windows doesn't make sense since there are clearly places on the walls that would be perfect for windows. Please consider adding windows to the bottom floors of both buildings, maybe a couple of the bay windows that we see in the other homes/buildings in the town.

4. Love the two building concept with the outside wrap around deck. The window boxes are a nice touch but the flowers placed in these boxes really don't appeal to me. Please consider selling window boxes with just the potting soil inside so that we may add any of the beautiful flowers we have available in the game to truly create our own design for them.

Patherfang Chapel:

1. Although I own almost all the Notable homes in the game, the way this home is now, this will not be one that I will purchase. Bigger is not always better, especially when you continue to put a 700 Traditional Furnishings cap on a home that have literally so much space that you have to block off parts of it to even decorate it properly.

2. The Entrance, by way of boat, is a nice concept but the fact that, traveling to your home, places you on the dock of the Crypt (which isn't really a "Crypt") is just weird. So basically you or a visitor will either need to run up the stairs to enter the Chapel Hall or run through the tunnels of the Crypt and choose to go right, through a gate, to then climb winding stairs and be taken into the main room of the fort, or go through the left tunnel to be placed in a small pool of water at the bottom of the waterfalls, having to jump up on a small dock and climb stairs to end up in the Courtyard. There is a large Gate in the Courtyard, why is this not utilized? Keep the small boat for those who would like to use it but give the option to walk up the stairs and come out into the Courtyard instead of the Chapel. I, like many others, feel the Courtyard should be the main area in which we focus on, with so many beautiful trees and flowers in the game as well as courtyard furnishings, this would be a nice starting point. Make it so you can leave the home by going through the large gate in the Courtyard and be ported out to the dock near the Bloodrun Wayshrine or even to the wayshrine itself. I personally don't want to have to travel to the entrance of my home every time someone comes to visit so that I can lead them to the center of the home (Courtyard) through the maze to finally get to start a tour of my home.

3. Both buildings are so dark inside, especially the main fort, it would take hundreds of lights to brighten all the rooms up enough to make a difference. That brings me back to #1 on my list, with only 700 furnishing slots, why would I have to use so many of those slots to make the insides bright enough to see all the other furnishings I want to place in my home.

4. When I do purchase homes in the game, I always purchase them furnished because, in my opinion, it's a good deal to get the home with all the furnishings instead of purchasing the furnishings from the housing editor or waiting to get all the furnishing recipes to make them myself. The first thing I noticed about this home is that there are no fireplaces in the furnished version. This is a huge fort with large rooms, you would think that those rooms would at least have fireplaces.

What do you think of the new furnishings?

1. I like a most of the new furnishings although a lot of them just seem to look to much like other styles of furnishings already in the game.

2. The Leyawiin Bookcase, Grand Filled as well as the Leyawiin Bookcase,Tall Filled does not match the the Leyawiin Bookcase, Narrow Filled in the fact that the woodgrain on the back and the sides of the Grand and Tall Bookcase runs in a vertical direction yet the woodgrain on the Narrow runs in a horizontal direction. This may not bother some people but these three should all have matching woodgrain, in my honest opinion.

3. Please list/allow access to new furnishings that can be purchased with Crowns from the housing editor purchase tab.

4. Love the new Leyawiin Teacup, Full but would love to see a matching teapot and maybe sugar and creamer bowl.

5. Please make these new walls, ceilings, and floors available, especially the ones in the Water's Edge home and the Kaladas Inn. The walls with the brick on the outside and the inside with the ornate plaster on top and wooden panels on the bottom are just what a lot of us have been wanting for years. The only real option we have for a plaster wall look is to use multiple Breton Stalls just to create one wall. The wooden floor is absolutely beautiful and would be nice to be able to have that as a floor option to create in a couple of my other, made from scratch homes.

6. Love the colors used in the new tapestries and can't wait to place them in my homes. I also love how far you have come with the carpets and rugs with the realistic textures, although would love some carpets and rugs made with the colors used in the tapestries.

7. Last but not least, please add the wooden stairs, wooden post, and these new doors to the game, they are simply beautiful.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the awful stained glass windows in Pantherfang Chapel ruin the whole thing, as the chapel is central to the house's identity.

You guys know how to make beautiful stained glass windows. But those are terrible.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nm
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 23, 2021 5:25AM
  • RedDiamond
    RedDiamond
    Soul Shriven
    Patherfang Chapel:

The Fort has 2 different towers at front, one square and one round. But both towers are round inside.

8ougft8i7ihh.png

9c55jwvsga5g.png

I think both towers should be round outside to match how they look inside.

Also the crypt could have some room for priests sleeping area, storage or smth else.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see more trees in the furniture store, especially the red ones.
  • ExoY
    ExoY
    ✭✭✭
    When placing a companion in your house as a house guest, it would be nice to be able to could access the companion menu imo.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the new houses and furnishings. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • What are your general thoughts on new houses?
    • What do you think of the new furnishings?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

1. I didn't check the inn room, but did check and bought the furnished versions of both houses. TL;DR: they are fantastic!

Water's Edge is, IMO, very versatile and can be set up as "twin" houses for 2 chars or a char and their companion, a tavern/inn, a store/house for the store owner... I don't think it will be hard to decorate it.

I love the structural pieces of it and am hoping that when you guys release structural plans (like you did for Greymoor and the Reach) we'll get those fabulous walls and the wooden stairs (pretty please?).

Pantherfang, OTOH, is so...iconic (? standard fantasy castle?) that I cannot think of more than one way to decorate it (but I'm sure people more creative than me will).

IMO there is enough visual interest on the courtyard, even the unfurnished version, that it doesn't require many more furnishings there. After all, It is supposed to be a place to go take shelter when enemies are attacking the land. There shouldn't be a lot of stuff on the courtyard so that the war machines can be moved around and placed where needed.

At first I thought that the placement of the chapel was an odd choice, then I realized that we are entering the castle through a secret entry.

These two houses are probably the first ones with decent interior divisions without rooms with odd proportions or (many) curved walls.

2. I liked what I saw - the craftable furnishings and the ones we can get from the furnishing vendors. I'm very happy to see the pile of plates and the laundry related furnishings, although the latter have low res issues, as do the baskets. The convex mirror is, if I'm not mistaken, the shiniest mirror yet, but I noticed that even though it does show a reflection, that reflection is static - I saw the same blurry image reflected on it both on the courtyard of Pantherfang and on the inside of Water's Edge.

3. I was disappointed to find out that those cute yellow flowers we see on the char loading screen were nowhere to be found. I do hope we'll be able to acquire them.

As some other people have already mentioned, I too was expecting to see at least some Argonian themed furnishings.
  • Ellawissa
    Ellawissa
    There are 2 small items that are generally hurtfull. The knife should be on the right side, where fork is sitting and it should face towards the plate. I can forgive knife on the left side, it's debatable, but where its facing is following no logic at all.

swri95vvw06f.png
    a2jvt72mndkw.png
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    I find the furnishing slot complaints about the Chapel to be strange. If you really look at it, there isn't that much indoor space at all to decorate. I thought it a great example of how to make a seemingly enormous house compact enough for the furnishing limits to make sense.

The problem is all the things like lights, dishes, food, beds, knick-knacks, rugs, tapestries, chairs, tables, plants/flowers, cookware, and so on to make a place actually feel lived in and all quickly eat up a lot of space. Then there's general clutter and other miscellaneous things, plus decorating the outside courtyard, plus there's the fort, and the "crypt"...and keep in mind 700 is with ESO+. People who don't sub have a limit of 350, which is practically impossible for a lot of us to work with when it comes to filling out larger houses.

They really need to stop releasing all these huge houses when we're stuck at only 350/700 slots.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Nissowolf
    Nissowolf
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the new houses and furnishings. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    What are your general thoughts on new houses?
    What do you think of the new furnishings?
    Do you have any other general feedback?

I will focus on the pantherfang chapel in this feedback, as i think it's the greatest house of this chapter, but also the one which need the most adjustments and improvements.

I love this castle, it is huge, enormous, gargantuan as we say in my country, and there is many opportunities offered to roleplayers in this house. This is the house i was waiting for, the one that allow us to pray in the chapel, to invite politics in the castle for negociation or create a court reception with nobles, or even play the defense of the fort against bandits.
    But as for Hakkvild, the main problem of the house is its entrance.
    We enter in the crypt-like room. It is the god damn secret entrance ! It should exist as an alternative entrance and exit, but this shouldn't be the one marked on the map ! The main gate of the castle, with the harrow, should be. The entrance in the overland should be on a bridge the lead the player on the way of the castle, the official way !

I don't complain a lot about furniture slot as i create NPC-like houses, and i don't use as much furniture as the average houser. For me, the main big problem of this house is the entrance.
    Joueur PVE HL 1000 cp+

Nightblade Stam
    Dragonknight tank
    Templar heal

Rôliste dans la communauté Brumes
    Ancien administrateur du Discord TesoFR
  • NSatin
    NSatin
    ✭✭
    I've said this elsewhere, but I find the Pantherfang entrance an odd choice. Shouldn't there be direct access elsewhere? I'm just picturing bringing horses/mounts, supplies, etc. into the fort...but you have to go through the church first? Or, maybe have that dock area have a non-water route topside, bypassing the church.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ellawissa wrote: »
    There are 2 small items that are generally hurtfull. The knife should be on the right side, where fork is sitting and it should face towards the plate. I can forgive knife on the left side, it's debatable, but where its facing is following no logic at all.

swri95vvw06f.png
    a2jvt72mndkw.png

I guess this is another idiosyncrasy we'll have to justify by remembering that this is a different universe from the one we know. Same as how our chars get up on their horses on the wrong side.
    Nissowolf wrote: »
    But as for Hakkvild, the main problem of the house is its entrance.
    We enter in the crypt-like room. It is the god damn secret entrance ! It should exist as an alternative entrance and exit, but this shouldn't be the one marked on the map ! The main gate of the castle, with the harrow, should be. The entrance in the overland should be on a bridge the lead the player on the way of the castle, the official way !

I don't complain a lot about furniture slot as i create NPC-like houses, and i don't use as much furniture as the average houser. For me, the main big problem of this house is the entrance.

I agree with everything you said and wanted to touch on the part I quoted.

Is the main gate functional? I checked the place but didn't see a way to get to it from the inside. There are at least three houses in game that have double entry points - Sleek Creek, Stone Eagle Aire and Amaya Lake house. I don't see why this couldn't be done for the castle.

Keep the secret entrance for when we port in. It's cool and I suspect not many people would pay attention to it, or even find it, if it wasn't the "main" entrance, but give us the option of walking in and out through the main gates.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the introduction of Pantherfang Chapel with its fantastic fort, now would be a great time to add some much requested furnishings. Namely, decorative weapons, armor, gear racks, forge tools, etc. that are scattered elsewhere throughout Tamriel.
    Edited by anadandy on May 5, 2021 4:12PM