The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[RESOLVED] Leki's Focus, and Deceptive Predator Evasion, are lost on Death

Fyrsa
Fyrsa
Hi, I've recently been using the Leki's Focus set alongside Deceptive Predator, to have permenant Major and Minor Evasion.
However, both evasion effects are no longer present after dying and respawning.
Leki's Focus is on my weapons / jewelry, so switching my hotbar reapplies the major evasion after respawning.
However, the minor evasion remains missing, unless I manually reslot it every time I respawn.
I'm not sure how it works without a Leki's weapon, but I imagine it'd be even worse having to re-equip constantly.

Edit: Update - I've tested it outside of battlegrounds, and they are also lost upon respawning everywhere.

Both evasion effects present at the start of a battlegrounds match.
l2h3awceu1pb.png
The effects are missing after respawning.
a401406ae2ol.png
Leki's Focus Major evasion returning upon switching weapons.
Minor Evasion from Deceptive Predator is still gone, however.
um43kxj0qmiz.png
Edited by Fyrsa on December 8, 2021 10:29AM
  • Fyrsa
    Fyrsa
    I know bug-fix turnaround can take more than a few weeks, but I'm still dealing with this, and it doesn't appear to be mentioned / fixed anywhere on the Update 30 PTS patch notes too. I don't like to clog the forum with bumps - just wondering if this affects anyone else, or if I can get dev confirmation that this isn't just a visual bug or client-side issue.
    Edited by Fyrsa on May 6, 2021 5:29PM
  • Fyrsa
    Fyrsa
    Looks like I'm bumping this again, even after the Blackwood update this is still broken.
    In maps like Eld Angavar, since enemies spawn near you, I can't even reslot the ability to regain evasion.

Whether or not a build works shouldn't be dependant on a bug that renders it unusable half of the time.

It's disheartening that a combat skill can have a bug like this for months without being acknowledged.
    Again, even just a confirmation that this is an issue that needs fixing would be appreciated.
  • Fyrsa
    Fyrsa
    I was hoping the latest patch's fix to set effects being lost on zone changes and such would fix this, but it's sadly still occuring. Normally I'd give it a few more weeks until bumping, but it's off-putting that I can't properly test the new mythic items with this character.
  • Fyrsa
    Fyrsa
    This is still broken.
  • Fyrsa
    Fyrsa
    Can a dev please at least confirm they've seen this, and whether or not it's gameplay affecting?
    I'd like to know in case it's actually just a visual bug, and if it's safe to continue using the build.

This is still broken. It's been over half a year, and this bug still happens every single time I die with the set/skill.
    Multiple in-game reports over several months, and not even anything in the patch notes to say it's a known issue.
    Am I missing something? It feels like this won't even get seen unless I do something to get the post reported.
    Edited by Fyrsa on November 6, 2021 3:20PM
  • Fyrsa
    Fyrsa
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/592924/pc-mac-patch-notes-v7-2-7#latest
    Fixed an issue where permanent sources of Major and Minor Evasion could be removed after death, such as Deceptive Predator.

I'm finally freeeeeeee. It might seem like a small thing, but being able to use sets like Leki's Focus hassle free makes playing with it a lot more fun. Thank you. I guess one last comment to say it's resolved I suppose. Yay!