The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a technical difficulty with class change tokens?

• ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    Hello all! We have removed a few comments that were getting off-topic and were starting to veer towards personal insults. Please keep your comments civil and respectful, especially when you disagree with the other person's view. In most discussions, there is no right or wrong, just different angles, opinions, and interests. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NoSoup wrote: »
    It's funny how people say they would throw money at a class change token when techinically it already exists. Level to 50 (4 hours work) then buy sky shards, buy mages guild lvl 10, buy undaunted lvl 10, buy psijic lvl 10. Done.....

This. ^^

That being said, if they were to ever implement class tokens, only levels of character and non-class skills would likely be transferred. As for class skills, I think it's impossible to make a valid assumption that one skill equals another. IMO, you would likely get the same bundle of skill points invested in your current class skills with the need to level the ones you're interested in from the start.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Level an alt. It’s not difficult. Also it’s free unlike a token which would no doubt cost a huge amount of crowns if it even did get added.

In that case, remove the race change tokens and the alliance change tokens. Level an alt. It's not difficult. Also it’s free unlike a token which would no doubt cost a huge amount of crowns if it even did get added

You would have no argument from me.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Smerchy
    Smerchy
    ✭✭✭
    Really wish for class change tokens.

I really dislike playstyle of my main now, a nightblade. But I have soo many achievements, motifs and all traits researched, that It makes me stick with char that I do not enjoy.

Alternatively, make achievement, styles/motifs and researched train transfer tokens and I would jump on this opportunity. Similarly to skyshards, you could allow us to unlock achievements on other char once we unlocked them on others.
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class change token = person buying class change token instead of buying a character slot, leveling the mount, and leveling research.

Profit from a class change token needs to be equal to the amount of revenue generated from a new character (slot, scrolls, research scrolls, mount training scrolls).

... simply put, a class change token is not impossible, it is just not cost effective from a revenue stand point. Why give someone a class change token with immediately leveled character, when they could invest time and money into leveling a character?