The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial Style not counting towards Rare Style Master

AltmerFTW
AltmerFTW
Soul Shriven
I'm trying to unlock the Rare Style Master achievement to get the Motif Master Brown dye. I've discovered the other four motifs, but apparently (according to the achievement menu) I haven't discovered the Imperial style motif, despite the fact that I bought the Imperial Edition of the game and already have the Imperial style unlocked. I really don't want to pay 80k+ gold, or wait to get lucky and find, a book for a style I already know. I'm not even sure if I would be able to read the style book if I had it.

Is this an oversight? Is there anything I can do?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 11, 2021 4:48PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AltmerFTW wrote: »
    I'm trying to unlock the Rare Style Master achievement to get the Motif Master Brown dye. I've discovered the other four motifs, but apparently (according to the achievement menu) I haven't discovered the Imperial style motif, despite the fact that I bought the Imperial Edition of the game and already have the Imperial style unlocked. I really don't want to pay 80k+ gold, or wait to get lucky and find, a book for a style I already know. I'm not even sure if I would be able to read the style book if I had it.

Is this an oversight? Is there anything I can do?

Are you actually on an Imperial toon? Like made Imperial in character creation and not race-changed?

If not, your character is not born knowing the crafting motif required for that achievement and must learn it via the gold book that drops in game. Knowing the outfit style alone (which happens if a different toon on your account has the motif knowledge) does not count towards the achievement.

ETA: The achievement was around long before the outfit system was introduced, bringing with it the distinction between styles and motifs. Unfortunately, despite being called Rare Style Master, it requires crafting motif knowledge (character-based) rather than just outfit styles (account-based) to unlock.
    Edited by virtus753 on April 13, 2021 5:23AM