The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

After hours of maintenance... still freezing in banker.

Avoranti
Avoranti
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it all. PS4 NA After hours upon hours of maintenance it seems I am still freezing when using the banker to pull items out. Since it’s happening to me, I can only assume it’s happening to others. I don’t see any patch notes or explanation on why maintenance was extended for so long. But I was hoping it was to fix stuff. Perhaps that hope has been misplaced. ::sigh::
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 5, 2021 4:25PM
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    can say Xbox EU is the same hasn't changed anything, but i think that will come in a patch update not just a maintenance unfortunately
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that sucks. All that missed playtime and we don't even know why?
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing changed, such a severe bug and zos haven't done anything for almost 20 days
    same old crap
    Edited by method__01 on March 30, 2021 11:08PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They hate us. We give them money and they just hate us.
  • RaEDe
    RaEDe
    ✭✭
    Xbox NA is actually a lot worse for me than before the marathon maintenance.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Since it’s happening to me, I can only assume it’s happening to others."

Its not. Well not to me anyway. Did my chores and that's half banking, so I would notice.

My mistake, thought it was PC, not PS4, even my reading is going downhill. ;)
    Edited by poodlemasterb16_ESO on March 30, 2021 11:47PM
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I noticed too. And the guild roster is not fixed either.
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is ill news.
    It has stopped me from playing so far already.
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don’t understand why such a long maintenance if they didn’t fix any of the bugs? What exactly were they maintaining? The crown store?
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’d love to know what they did in that ridiculously long maintenance because it feels like nothing is fixed and at times the game runs even worse than before.
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those of you talking about bugs usually maintenance will not fix that unless it is a server issue. I think many people are getting mixed up with the difference between the regular weekly maintenance and what ZOS calls patch maintenance. If there is no download file, like today, it is not a patch. That means there was no code or anything changed in the game. The maintenance that was done today is things like rebooting the servers, backing up and database management.

The next patch maintenance for console probably won't be for another two weeks. Usually PC get these patches first because it is easier to fix should things go wrong. Sony and Microsoft tend to frown upon releasing a patch, breaking the game, then having to promptly roll out second patch to fix it. That's why it tends to take longer for major bug fixes to be addressed on console than PC.
  • NerirocF
    NerirocF
    ✭✭
    Still terrible. Banker takes forever. Merchant takes forever. Eating food takes forever. Guild traders take forever. I'm not sure how they rolled out a major change, then spent 9 hours on "maintenance" a week later, but still missed such basic problems.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we had stamina drain bug before, skills not firing, directly after elsweyr release, and again a second time lateron.

Those had massive impact on gameplay, but the release of a bugfix took around 6 weeks. So I actually have already resignated that we will get a quick solution.
    I do what I do in such cases: try to avoid affected content. At moment stopped daily writs, update guildstore slots less often.
    Instead do some more worldboss/harrowstorm quests.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on March 31, 2021 8:52AM
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening on PC/NA gamepad ui. We'll let you know when it's fixed here then you can wait another 2 weeks for console's fix. lul
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you talking about bugs usually maintenance will not fix that unless it is a server issue. I think many people are getting mixed up with the difference between the regular weekly maintenance and what ZOS calls patch maintenance. If there is no download file, like today, it is not a patch. That means there was no code or anything changed in the game. The maintenance that was done today is things like rebooting the servers, backing up and database management.

The next patch maintenance for console probably won't be for another two weeks. Usually PC get these patches first because it is easier to fix should things go wrong. Sony and Microsoft tend to frown upon releasing a patch, breaking the game, then having to promptly roll out second patch to fix it. That's why it tends to take longer for major bug fixes to be addressed on console than PC.

I think we know the difference. Some of us aren’t new. PS4 had 12 hours of maintenance with no explanation. Some bugs can be fixed live, called a hotfix. This does not always require a download/install on the user side. I figured since it was extended that just maybe, they were fixing something. But nope.

• Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we had stamina drain bug before, skills not firing, directly after elsweyr release, and again a second time lateron.

Those had massive impact on gameplay, but the release of a bugfix took around 6 weeks. So I actually have already resignated that we will get a quick solution.
    I do what I do in such cases: try to avoid affected content. At moment stopped daily writs, update guildstore slots less often.
    Instead do some more worldboss/harrowstorm quests.

Templar still has issues with skills not firing. Mostly when weaving LA. Does the animation but nothing happens.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With multiple threads on this topic we are going to close this one. As an update posted here, we are aware and currently working on a fix for the lag and freezing issues the guild bank is experiencing.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.