The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

which races (only 6 of them) are on the art screen ?

fiender66
fiender66
✭✭✭✭
I often see broadcasted an old style loading screen (if I well remember it's well before 2018), depicting an interior scene with 6 characters, each one representing ( I suppose) a Tamriel race.

In my interpretation, left to right: wood elf, altmer, nord or breton, again nord or breton, redguard and kajit.

Am I correct? And why lizards orcs and dark elves are missing?

Thanks for helping in my rather silly doubts
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean this loading screen ?
    1Ad4hVh.jpg
    Tbh. I don't know. It is weird that we do not have all races there...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 28, 2021 11:53AM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that woman with cup is a Breton and a troll loving guy is a Nord.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've already asked myself the same thing, although there is no imperial either. But, it would be simply too much for the composition if there were four more people in the picture. So let's just say the others are partying in the kitchen...
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The body language is interesting, especially the Bosmer and the Redguard
    PC EU
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The Bosmer laughs secretly, because she assumes that the Nord didn't kill the troll with his own hands, but found him already dead somewhere.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

The Bosmer laughs secretly, because she assumes that the Nord didn't kill the troll with his own hands, but found him already dead somewhere.

The Bosmer stares with dreamy eyes at the Redguard. The Redguard desperately tries not to look in her direction, feigning interest in the boring old Nord's unlikely tale of heroism.

NSFW
    Makes me wonder what the Bosmer is showing behind that strategically placed chairback, besides a lot of leg.
    PC EU
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit, High Elf, Wood Elf, Breton, Nord, Redguard.
    PC NA
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? It's 6 Alfiq with illusion charms, each hoping that no one else realizes they're an Alfiq using an illusion charm. I thought this was common knowledge?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The newest loading screen features three races. When the various chapter trailers show several adventurers entering a dungeon it might well show two or three races. Other bits of game art feature more or less. I don't think every piece of artistic representation needs to include every race. Overall, all races are reasonably represented in the game and its artwork.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on March 31, 2021 5:59PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Tesman85
    Tesman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the woman drinking from the cup is a Nord, because of her hairstyle and because she looks rather tall. The man next to the troll head might an Imperial or Breton (he's a bit short for a Nord, but could be also that).

As an aside, I really like this loading screen. The composition, the lighting, the figures - besides being well thought out, they create a very cozy and relaxing atmosphere. I wonder if this picture could had somewhere for a desktop wallpaper? The artist/artists who did the loading screens really know their craft.
    Edited by Tesman85 on April 9, 2021 7:29AM
  • Diva_Naoko
    Diva_Naoko
    ✭✭
    The woman touching the dog is a Breton, the man standing and pointing at the trophy on the wall is a Nord. Also, the man standing is wearing thick clothing and boots and is drinking from a horn, all typical Nord, though the redguard woman is holding one as well on her left hand. The Nord gave her the drink, obviously. The woman with the dog is not doing or wearing anything Nord related and her clothes seem Breton.

So, in order left to right, Bosmer, Breton, Altmer, Nord (standing), Khajiit and Redguard.

Does anyone find odd the chess board and pieces on the ground on the lower left corner? Strikes me as awfully out of place, lorewise. Is chess played in Tamriel?
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Diva_Naoko wrote: »
    Does anyone find odd the chess board and pieces on the ground on the lower left corner? Strikes me as awfully out of place, lorewise. Is chess played in Tamriel?

It only looks like a chessboard at first glance, the fields next to each other are divided diagonally into bright/dark.