The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Feedback: The 4 Slot Limit for Craft Tree (Green CP) is ANNOYING

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly, they will be modifying the red and blue trees with Update 30 (which virtually nobody asked for), while leaving the green tree (which a huge number of people have complained about) alone. Go figure....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/569953/update-30-combat-preview/p1

Edited by Jaraal on April 17, 2021 6:00AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Interestingly, they will be modifying the red and blue trees with Update 30 (which virtually nobody asked for), while leaving the green tree (which a huge number of people have complained about) alone. Go figure....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/569953/update-30-combat-preview/p1

The PTS is bad too. ZOS starts the Champion System section with, "In response to the feedback..." and yet they COMPLETELY ignored much of the feedback about the green/crafting tree.

Edited by GrumpyDuckling on April 22, 2021 5:06PM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been months since the new CP trees came out. Is the Green CP Tree still terribly designed?
    When it came out it forced us to choose between slotting assassination, thieving, crafting, resource gathering, etc.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yap. main is, well, main. She does everything, and it is hair-pulling'ly annoying and stupid considering we don't have account-wide achievs which pretty much force guarntees most people that do all these things will have the same problem.
    Just ridiculous.
  • Sindrik8x
    Sindrik8x
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with everything here. though, I do understand why they chose this route. You guys do know this design is to encourage alts? I too wish my main could have 8 green tree items slotted as he does everything for me. Fishing, gathering, vet trials, etc. but, they want us to have to create multiple characters. It maximizes their product, the chance you'll visit the crown store on multiple alts, etc. Is what it is and I doubt they will change it.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this design is to encourage alts, as it actually led me to stop playing an alt that was intended to be my thief/farmer character.

Now that I am up to 1000CP, and thanks to the add-on that does the switching for me, it is no longer really an issue. I feel sorry for those on console.

Edited by Taggund on August 12, 2021 5:06PM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sindrik8x wrote: »
    I agree with everything here. though, I do understand why they chose this route. You guys do know this design is to encourage alts? I too wish my main could have 8 green tree items slotted as he does everything for me. Fishing, gathering, vet trials, etc. but, they want us to have to create multiple characters. It maximizes their product, the chance you'll visit the crown store on multiple alts, etc. Is what it is and I doubt they will change it.

Instead of being "encouraged" I was driven away from ESO. I've barely touched ESO since March because of how annoying it was to keep pausing and switching which CP nodes were slotted.

It just feels like whoever decided to make the tree like this purposely wants to annoy players.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having limits on the slotted stars IS annoying generally. Even for the blue and red trees.

I mean. Having to give up one power in order to get another, when you have the CPs to max both, is annoying. It goes against the principle that your power increases are actually useful to you.

Especially when many of the stars are so obviously niche, that there's no way they could compete in utility with another always-on one from elsewhere.

More stars need to be yellow. Fewer need to be green, blue and red, generally.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    @ZenimaxOnlineStudios,

You can understand how undesirable it is for players to frequently pause the game to switch champion point nodes. Will you confirm that this is an unintentional result of the new champion point system and that you are looking into ways to remedy this frequent pausing?

Thank you.

They spent two years working on this system and got 5-6 weeks' worth of feedback on the PTS about it. They made only some adjustments to CP cost to lower the ceiling and swapped a couple of stars to rearrange prereqs.

When an add-on was created to alleviate these concerns about micromanagement in the green tree on PC/Mac, the devs responded by adding a 30-second cooldown on swapping active stars for everyone, even for people who don't or can't use the add-on and even when a lot of people were capable of swapping active nodes manually more quickly than the cooldown.

In other words, in face of complaints about and workarounds for micromanagement, they made it even more difficult to swap stars frequently. Whether they're willing to reverse course on any of this is yet to be seen.

They do listen! Unfortunately they seem to often only take action to hinder players....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

The PTS is bad too. ZOS starts the Champion System section with, "In response to the feedback..." and yet they COMPLETELY ignored much of the feedback about the green/crafting tree.

The feedback they ignored was "unreasonable" or whatever term someone used in the thread arguing about whether ZOS was listening.

I am not sure they are intentional being mean, but it sure can seem like it at times.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sindrik8x wrote: »

Instead of being "encouraged" I was driven away from ESO. I've barely touched ESO since March because of how annoying it was to keep pausing and switching which CP nodes were slotted.

It just feels like whoever decided to make the tree like this purposely wants to annoy players.

I may not be optimal, but I have 1 main and 5 alts and they are all configured pretty much the same! (Except for the difference of the +magicka or +stamina on death item.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got most of my characters set up exactly the same in the green tree. I slot the things everyone does as they wander around the world. My mains usually drop the treasure chest one and the homemaker one because they need disassembly and master gatherer, but that's about the only variable.

The rest of the stuff just doesn't matter to me - I have zero use for the thieving stuff, or for the faster riding or the potion/food extenders. I don't ride very much at all, I'm too busy harvesting nodes.

But that's just me: YMMV of course, but I'm not complaining or hassling ZOS about it.
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Micromanagment of the green tree is indeed annoying. And performance is still bad...

Adding more slottable starts in the upcoming update is mostly useless because they are not powerful enough to replace existing meta-slottables.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have we had any feedback from the devs at all about the Green tree? They must know the majority don't like it.
    Edited by Hurbster on August 13, 2021 9:47AM
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one would be happy if the green stars could be slotted in blue and red!
    Spend much more time alone creeping around than in groups and most of blue and red are not necessary for solo.
    Such a stupid wasteful time sink *sigh*
  • Rescue78
    Rescue78
    ✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    Have we had any feedback from the devs at all about the Green tree? They must know the majority don't like it.

Nope and you won't. It's pretty obvious they have no intention of doing anything about the crafting tree. They'll keep nerfing the battle trees into oblivion until nothing in them is even worth slotting before they do anything about the crafting tree.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another PTS without mention of the green tree.

Can we please have this tree addressed, please? Players clearly aren't a fan of the way it is currently set up.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More green tree passives. Having the four slot restrictions doesn’t make sense - why punish players for wanting to play the game and level up?
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, they should add more 'active' skills to the green tree, maybe even some stuff dealing with companions. And like keep stuff like potion cp or food cp as active, but almost every other one in there now should be passive and not need slotted.

I really hated going from 810 CP to 1800 usable CP and getting weaker in QoL features.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    There should be no slots on the green tree. The blue and red should go up to 5 slots.
    For the Empire
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The whole thing is just restrictive and really punishes people who have a character that they do everything on.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.