The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Regret the loss of hybrid damage sets for no-proc pvp

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
Since New Moon Acolyte's five piece bonus won't work, I'm having trouble finding a way to get both weapon and spell damage on my hybrids. It looks like I'll just have to play only my pure builds this patch, unfortunately. But this shines a light on the fact that there aren't enough stat based hybrid sets. I dream of a Law of Julianos/Hunding's Rage for hybrids right now. 😌

Anyway, aside from that, I'm very excited to play in a stat/skill-based pvp environment on console soon. This period will also make it easier to see which classes need to be improved and how they need to be brought up.

Exciting times.
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    try 4pc stuhn's favor, 5 twice born star (lover+thief for pen+crit), Ring of pale order and Balorgh for monster set or whatever arena weapons you want.

Probably wont be anything OP but gives you what you need for each damage type.
    Edited by honey_badger82 on March 10, 2021 5:03PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try 4pc stuhn's favor, 5 twice born star (lover+thief for pen+crit), Ring of pale order and Balorgh for monster set or whatever arena weapons you want.

Probably wont be anything OP but gives you what you need for each damage type.

That's not going to work in no-proc pvp. I think I'll go with 4 pieces of a hybrid set (NMA) and then using one Molag Kena monster helm or shoulder as the 5th piece (underpowered but no choice). Definitely using Thief, Shadow, or Lover mundus as usual though.
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    well ring of pale order might be considered a proc (haven't looked up the sets) but balorgh shouldn't be a proc, it's not a % based chance/ increase. 4pc stuhn or NMA is pretty much same, depends on if you need the dmg of stuhn over the 3% crit of NMA. I guess hybrid means something different to you, for me it should be equal or near enough in offensive capability for both stamina and magicka. If you dont want to 1 piece a mythic then Armor of Trainee is only other set that gives you anything for 1 item.
    Sounds like using 1pc of a monster set to complete a 5th means you probably going to run weapon sets.
  • Oakiyo
    Oakiyo
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to play some hybrid sorc with the cyrodiil test. This setup has decent damage and good sustain :

- 1 piece kena
    - 1 piece balorg
    - shacklebreaker
    - 4 pieces stuhn
    - 1 piece trainee

Nirnhooded maul front, defending resto back
    3 triun, 3 prismatics glyph on jewelry
    7 prismatique glyphe on on body pieces

Lover as mundus, orc as class and bewitched as food.

You can also use 3 infused jewelry with 3 physical damage glyph and Orzorga food and some stats in magicka, but it's "less hybrid" ^^'
    Edited by Oakiyo on March 10, 2021 6:57PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well ring of pale order might be considered a proc (haven't looked up the sets) but balorgh shouldn't be a proc, it's not a % based chance/ increase. 4pc stuhn or NMA is pretty much same, depends on if you need the dmg of stuhn over the 3% crit of NMA. I guess hybrid means something different to you, for me it should be equal or near enough in offensive capability for both stamina and magicka. If you dont want to 1 piece a mythic then Armor of Trainee is only other set that gives you anything for 1 item.
    Sounds like using 1pc of a monster set to complete a 5th means you probably going to run weapon sets.

There's 19 sets to pick from, only 1 piece monster sets will give stats.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭

There's 19 sets to pick from, only 1 piece monster sets will give stats.

ah so monster sets in general wont work for their 2 piece bonus irreguardless what it is? Well I only pvp when I am forced to for event tickets. Thank the divines I dont have to do it for transmute crystals anymore
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oakiyo wrote: »
    I tried to play some hybrid sorc with the cyrodiil test. This setup has decent damage and good sustain :

- 1 piece kena
    - 1 piece balorg
    - shacklebreaker
    - 4 pieces stuhn
    - 1 piece trainee

Nirnhooded maul front, defending resto back
    3 triun, 3 prismatics glyph on jewelry
    7 prismatique glyphe on on body pieces

Lover as mundus, orc as class and bewitched as food.

You can also use 3 infused jewelry with 3 physical damage glyph and Orzorga food and some stats in magicka, but it's "less hybrid" ^^'

Yeah I was thinking of something like that. I'm glad I bought a gold necklace of trainee from the Golden vendor a while back.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Domihaus 1k stam & 1k mag and Stonekeeper is Tri-Stat.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think for my DK I'm going to put on some Trainee. For my Necro, I'll use one Kena and one Balorgh. I think I'll be underpowered on those two characters (even more than now) but there's nothing I can do about the loss of NMA.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope New Moon Acolyte and Innate Axiom will be returning to usefulness in Cyrodil soon.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5pc shackle body + 4pc stuhn frontbar + 3pc endurance backbar
    + your choice of 2x1pc from kena/balorg/domi/swarm/chudan/pirate/stonekeeper/baron

you're welcome ;)
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    5pc shackle body + 4pc stuhn frontbar + 3pc endurance backbar
    + your choice of 2x1pc from kena/balorg/domi/swarm/chudan/pirate/stonekeeper/baron

you're welcome ;)

You missed my point. I can just swap out the 5 piece of New Moon for one Trainee. The point is, I wish I didn't have to. It's not even a proc damage set but I can't use it..