The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Low fps after update 29 [Steam version]

xsoul09
xsoul09
Soul Shriven
Hi everyone, recently with the release of update 29, my friend had performance issues in the game, basically he told me this:

"I always had problems with the game, but now it seems to have gotten way worse, I've experienced lag spikes, long loading screens and a really disgusting drop of frames while being in combat, going from around 60 fps to 25 while engaging in a fight, things only get worse when I go into a city, having textures taking a really long time to render, same with players. If you compare it to the game before the update it seems really unstable so I don't really know what could be the problem, i've even tried to set all my settings at the lowest but that didn't work."

Before the update, he didn't have these kinds of problems and also already used the repair game option in the launcher and it didn't work either