The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

CLOSED THREAD

• whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno reference # 210318-006551
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Here's mine from two weeks ago: 210308-004208
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This feature is still not working and no feedback on the issue either being looked at or fixed
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on March 25, 2021 9:08PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Vanionator
    Vanionator
    ✭✭
    I should know better by now, but everyday I check to see if it's fixed. It still isn't.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Some feedback regarding the issue would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why this thread says "answered" on the bug report subforum list if I've been marking every single reply as NOT an answer, since I really haven't gotten any official answers here.

edit: wowzers, we got a dev reply <3
    Marked as accepted, see first page.
    Edited by HowellQagan on March 25, 2021 6:13PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

We wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and working on a fix.

Once we have an additional update we will let you know, but this fix will not be in the next incremental patch. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Thank you. Hopefully in a few weeks it will be resolved.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and working on a fix
    Thank you, and for confirmation of the issue.

'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

Once we have an additional update we will let you know, but this fix will not be in the next incremental patch. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Sad to see a buggy mechanic ruining PvP making it way back. PvP has been alot more fun with this awful mechanic gone.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Sad to see a buggy mechanic ruining PvP making it way back. PvP has been alot more fun with this awful mechanic gone.

Presumably because it puts you at an advantage.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Vanionator
    Vanionator
    ✭✭
    Hey folks,

[snip] I can understand that it might be frustrating that you can't cope with being stunned and then ganked, but your feelings of helplessness, is it so strong that you are ok with ruining builds that aren't related to pvp? [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 26, 2021 4:52PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanionator wrote: »
    Hey folks,

[snip] I can understand that it might be frustrating that you can't cope with being stunned and then ganked, but your feelings of helplessness, is it so strong that you are ok with ruining builds that aren't related to pvp? [snip]

Getting desynced from 40m+ away without any visual cues or counterplay [snip]

And the fact that PvE roleplayers (who are the main complainer in this thread) can't cope with them not being able to stun an overland NPC for whatever reason makes me feel sorry for those people. But apparently it's more important to keep their skyrim roleplay bubble intact than to work towards a more healthy PvP environment with fewer buggy mechanics. [snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 26, 2021 4:53PM
  • Vanionator
    Vanionator
    ✭✭
    Hey folks,

And the fact that PvE roleplayers (who are the main complainer in this thread) can't cope with them not being able to stun an overland NPC for whatever reason makes me feel sorry for those people. But apparently it's more important to keep their skyrim roleplay bubble intact than to work towards a more healthy PvP environment with fewer buggy mechanics. [snip]

Whoa. Slow down. Take a deep breath. I wasn't baiting you or attacking you. I was observing your behavior. [snip]
    Maybe if you were more constructive in your posts, when people quote you, you wouldn't feel attacked.
    I'll give you an example of how it works. Ok?
    EXAMPLE:
    Just a suggestion, I know that PVE players have their style of play with sneak(and I hope it gets fixed), but maybe for pvp, the devs could make some changes to how it works or functions. Like, maybe have a warning when someone is stalking you on the battlefield.
    END OF EXAMPLE

See? This way, you are being more diplomatic. You acknowledge the needs of others, while asking for a change that benefits you.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue with you, please try have a good day. Cheers.

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 26, 2021 4:55PM
  • Vanionator
    Vanionator
    ✭✭
    Hey folks,

Thank you for replying.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

I just think the solution should be to fix the desync, not change a fundamental game design that's been here since 2014.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's confirmed this is a bug? That it's going to be fixed? Thank gods - the next character I want to do some questing on was bad cat, and I just... I can't stand trying to play her with her in this sorry state of being unable to do what she does best. T_T

Unfortunate this fix is going to take a while, though.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    So it's confirmed this is a bug? That it's going to be fixed? Thank gods - the next character I want to do some questing on was bad cat, and I just... I can't stand trying to play her with her in this sorry state of being unable to do what she does best. T_T

Unfortunate this fix is going to take a while, though.

Still no ETA?
    Hew's Bane*
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey folks,

😊 thank you very much for posting. It is great knowing what is going on.
  • Mirona_Thetin
    It's still not working after todays patch. So we have to wait at least another two weeks ... :'(
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is a noted fix for 7.0! We've been heard :)
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep,sounds like a fix. :)

Fixed an issue where the guaranteed Critical Strike and bonus damage from attacks made while hidden in crouch would fail on many attacks. It will now properly grant a guaranteed Critical Strike on your next Direct Damage attack, deal 46% bonus damage if a Ranged attack (now Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), 275% bonus damage if a Melee attack (Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), and Stun the target on Martial or Magical melee attacks.

Note the bonus Critical Damage is still reduced significantly and these values are their original versions.

No stun for bow heavy attacks from stealth though,unless i am reading it wrong. :|
  • FauxHunter
    FauxHunter
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, not excited to hear they're removing stuns from ranged attacks. Glad they're fixing the crit damage though at least.
    -Orion Snow-Lichen
    Bosmer Hunting Warden
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Yep,sounds like a fix. :)

Fixed an issue where the guaranteed Critical Strike and bonus damage from attacks made while hidden in crouch would fail on many attacks. It will now properly grant a guaranteed Critical Strike on your next Direct Damage attack, deal 46% bonus damage if a Ranged attack (now Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), 275% bonus damage if a Melee attack (Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), and Stun the target on Martial or Magical melee attacks.

Note the bonus Critical Damage is still reduced significantly and these values are their original versions.

No stun for bow heavy attacks from stealth though,unless i am reading it wrong. :|

Honestly, I'm fine with ranged stun being removed. It was a real pain in the bottom parts. Guaranteed crit and on top of that 46% bonus damage is still good enough to wreak havoc.
  • neverley
    neverley
    For the purpose of stun, are Ranged attacks different than Martial or Magical melee attacks in update 30?
    I guess another person wondering about no stun with bows in pvp.
  • jp_marins
    jp_marins
    ✭✭
    FauxHunter wrote: »
    Yeah, not excited to hear they're removing stuns from ranged attacks. Glad they're fixing the crit damage though at least.

My thoughts exactly :/ This update has already come out? Cause i'm a bow user too and i'm not getting any stun from stealth attack, not sure if it's still bugged or they removed it making the Master Assassin passive totally useless for me (which makes no sense)

Plus, i don't get why nerf Snipe damage and ALSO remove it's stun, it's a double nerf making the skill almost pointless to use in game aswell...If we are not stunning the target anymore, why don't give us the preview damage back? To compensate it's cast time, now it senseless using it rather than any other ranged spammable.

The stealth/sneaky playstyle is my favourite thing to do, one of the main reasons i've bought the game and enjoying the roleplay (and one major differencial thing the Scroll series has over other games), so patch by patch they are almost killing it, it's been very unpleasant playing last couple months, not much enjoyable at all. And this is not balance, this is almost killing the range/gank playstyle to the ground, we could have found a much better balance than this, starting by that, take the stun out or nerf the damage (and personally i think it would make more sense just take the stun out and upgrade the dmg as it was before reducing castime), doing both is overdoing by a lot
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    @jp_marins No, it's still bugged (see this whole thread) and that's why it doesn't crit or stun. Blackwood update will fix it and remove stun from ranged and add sneak bonuses to magical attacks too.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jp_marins No, it's still bugged (see this whole thread) and that's why it doesn't crit or stun. Blackwood update will fix it and remove stun from ranged and add sneak bonuses to magical attacks too.

I completely disagree with the removal of ranged stun from stealth and I don’t have a PvP toon that takes advantage of this. I do have a PvE main who does, and has played this way for years.

Don’t make these changes. I’d rather die to ranged stun attacks in PvP that not be able to use them in PvE.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• jp_marins
    jp_marins
    ✭✭

I completely disagree with the removal of ranged stun from stealth and I don’t have a PvP toon that takes advantage of this. I do have a PvE main who does, and has played this way for years.

Don’t make these changes. I’d rather die to ranged stun attacks in PvP that not be able to use them in PvE.

I totally understand you and I also miss it. But I do get the complains of who those that don't like being stunned from another players 20+ meters away, but we could find something in-between here to make Snipe not totally useless in pvp/e because the way that this patch presents is totally gonna be. Right now Snipe has almost the same dmg as Crystal Weapon on tooltip for example with a plus 0.8 time cast which is not worthy it.

So at least Zenimax should give us something to make Snipe useful again, as i said the most simple ones would be have it stun the target from stealth (making it a good opener) or increasing the dmg, as if you are not stunning to make it more useful against other spammables. Another idea could be at least making the Snipe setting enemies off balance and another one against a off-balance target would stun it.

As I said, from the last few years until now I never saw a really balance towards bow builds, they just seem to only nerf it to the ground more and more, not balance at all, it's not competitive to play, it's really a shame for those (like me) who enjoy playing archers and Ranger-type class on rpg games. I just would like to see a better-effort in balancing the class, it's not that hard to get there

As the way I see right now, for a very liberty game as it presumes, it becomes very narrow: if you want to play at range need to be mag and if u want to play upclose u are better of playing stam, even the latest arena bow they added reforces that, increasing Snipe dmg if u are 3m away (Yes, 3 METERS) from your target, what's the sense on that? What bow-user in any rpg/medieval/fantasy world besides Legolas would pull out a bow against a target at 3 meters range?? These kind of things totally breake game immersion, balance and fun.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranged stun CC was actually a huge part of burst combo. Because without stun all attacks will be dodge anyway. And as far as I can tell it is impossible to do some crazy combo and burst some one in one shot next patch.

Last patch they nerfed that playstyle to the ground, so even if it had stun CC it would not hepl much.

Not that ranged ganking was not toxic, but at least it had counter-play. But looking without any bias, I think that PvP is loosing more & more playstyles.

Snipe is basically a useless skill at this point, even for PvE dps, but at least it was interesting to use in solo overland PvE... And now it will be even more useless lol...
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let me clarify that I DO NOT use snipe, I use poison injection when in stealth as a combat lead-in and I always got a stun before.

It is not just snipe.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

This discussion has been closed.