The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you want to turn PVP into a skill-less Call of Duty game for six months?

LoveForElderScrolls
We wanted a lag-free Cyrodill, but instead, you're making it completely unplayable by disabling proc sets and increasing the lag.

You are limiting the armor sets to 19 only because some people don't have the skills or knowledge to use a wider variety of armor sets. You're turning this game into a skill-less Call of Duty game.

You're forcing players who spent a lot of hours into making a PVP build and golding out their armor sets to throw out their builds for six months and not play. Is that what you want? A skill-less MMO?
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag wasn't fixed and now this, wp zos.
  • CipherNine
    CipherNine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    letting proc sets play the game for you required skill. yeah sure.
    PC-NA
    Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Argonian Necromancer - Healer
    Breton Warden - Healer
    Nord Necromancer - Tank
    Argonian Templar - Tank
    Nord Warden - Tank
  • LoveForElderScrolls
    Artorias24 wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]

How is it more skill-based when the game is only limited to 19 sets?
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 8, 2021 4:20PM
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don´t understand you.

How can you call having to actually use your skills and surroundings because you are not carried by your sets anymore skill-less?

How can you call having something like crimson proc for free heals and damage using skill?

There seems something to be fundamentally wrong with your argumentation.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again. This change isn't for performance, it is because the population for pvp increased when proc were disabled.
    PvP needs more love.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you measure someone's skill to the sets they equipped?
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 8, 2021 4:21PM
  • 5_RAGEsMW
    5_RAGEsMW
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on your definition skill. Some procs take no skill at all to use lol.
    pvp sucks.
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threads like this one make me thank Bethesda that I can ignore PvP completely in this game.
    Seriously, if it wasnt for the Forums I would have completely forgotten that there is a PvPzone in this game.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • LoveForElderScrolls
    caperb wrote: »

Yes, more sets mean more combinations of sets can be used and more variety of builds. Therefore people can invent more advanced builds.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With proc sets: "this is NO SKILL, procs carry not your SKILL!!!!".
    Without proc sets: "this is NO SKILL, SKILL LESS MMO".

Please come to conclusion what is definition of "skill" all together is and how proc sets contribute to this :D. Is triggering an X amount of damaging effects on light attack and defence from this is a skill or is triggering x amount of damage by using the class and weapon abilities and defending from them is a skill.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭

You speak of few high damage low cooldown proc sets. OP speaks of about 300 of 400 sets that give variety of proc bonuses.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Again. This change isn't for performance, it is because the population for pvp increased when proc were disabled.

and double AP was enabled
  • LoveForElderScrolls

Everyone can wear crimson. So why would you complain if you can wear the same sets that I can if you claim your gameplay is more skill-based?
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 8, 2021 4:23PM
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »

Yes, more sets mean more combinations of sets can be used and more variety of builds. Therefore people can invent more advanced builds.

hard carries =/= advanced builds
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 8, 2021 4:22PM
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone can wear crimson. So why would you complain if you can wear the same sets that I can if you claim your gameplay is more skill-based?

Gameplay without procs is by definition more skill based since your healing and damage relys on your actually skills on your skill bar. If i dont press my healing skill, i wont get healing.

Proc sets do that for you. Taking damage? Crimson proc, BAM. Full HP. Not enough brain cells for a proper rotation to apply Pressure or line up a burst combo? Slot vate destro and zaan and just apply ele draim while light attacking. Freee damage.
  • LoveForElderScrolls
    So you want to tell using proc sets requires more skill then trying to use your active skills on a stat based build? KEKW

Gameplay without procs is by definition more skill based since your healing and damage relys on your actually skills on your skill bar. If i dont press my healing skill, i wont get healing.

Proc sets do that for you. Taking damage? Crimson proc, BAM. Full HP. Not enough brain cells for a proper rotation to apply Pressure or line up a burst combo? Slot vate destro and zaan and just apply ele draim while light attacking. Freee damage.

I don't define skill as clicking things on a keyboard only. Having a wider variety of options to make better builds is included also. Knowing what combination of sets to use and what combination of skills to use on your skill bar for a PVP build.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This seems like a bit of a stretch. Skill is more apparent without proc sets filling in the gap. Fights are a more fun without them and require a better knowledge of game mechanics etc... To succeed.

I agree with the argument that it is dull not being able to change your build... I miss stat sets like, briar, clever, bsw etc... Anyone missing crimson, vate destro, zaan etc... Obviously needed them to compete.
  • Incursion
    Incursion
    ✭✭✭
    I think that most are in agreement that the damage proc sets were over tuned especially with the malacath band which SHOULD really only buff skills but... That should of honestly been an easy fix either cut the damage or add a longer cooldown on the sets that way if you used a damage proc set you needed to have good timing on when to use it. Basically eliminating theory crafting and build diversity is a very poor move on zos. That was one of the unique things this game had over others. It honestly just makes pvp in eso just like all the rest except laggy and unresponsive at times.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that they should enable more sets. Just exclude every set that directly deals damage or heals.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Test is over everyone is talking about proc or no proc and we all stopped talking about how apparently nothing fixes the lag.
    Well played Zos
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand how swamp raider did the damage for me. I mean I'm still using skills.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    So, if removing proc sets from pvp caused more lag, might this be because people were using more skills rather than set procing/buffing their skills....maybe they need to do a test where the add in procs again and remove all skills :p:D
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    npuk wrote: »
    So, if removing proc sets from pvp caused more lag, might this be because people were using more skills rather than set procing/buffing their skills....maybe they need to do a test where the add in procs again and remove all skills :p:D

It didnt caused more lag. Enabling cross healing again and giving Double AP increased lag.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see all the crimson carried nubs floundering to deal with not having their "skill" for six months.
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    We wanted a lag-free Cyrodill, but instead, you're making it completely unplayable by disabling proc sets and increasing the lag.

You are limiting the armor sets to 19 only because some people don't have the skills or knowledge to use a wider variety of armor sets. You're turning this game into a skill-less Call of Duty game.

You're forcing players who spent a lot of hours into making a PVP build and golding out their armor sets to throw out their builds for six months and not play. Is that what you want? A skill-less MMO?

I disagree with you.

You have your class skills, your weapon skills, undaunted skills, fighters guild skills, mages guild skills, vampire skills, warewolf skills, potions, food, single set buffs from helms and probably more.

So when you say that PVP is skilless without the rest of the sets, I just look at you and wonder where you get that notion.
    There is still IC, there is still BGs.

You say when the sets are removed it's skilless Call of Duty. However, you just said you had to gold gears and buy new DLC to gain an advantage over others while not even having to do anything more but just let the sets proc over and over to kill them.

So I have one question for you. Have you looked in the mirror?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because you’re not relying on your procs to get kills, you’re using your actual skills to do so.

Having procs every 5-10s requires zero skill.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 8, 2021 4:24PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • phil.maricel08ub17_ESO
    CipherNine wrote: »
    letting proc sets play the game for you required skill. yeah sure.

Dude, thread was over after this ^ response. Nothing else to see here folks B)
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was skill-less with proc sets enabled.

Without carry sets, you need more skill to survive.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said it in another similar thread and I will say it here.

PvP player complaints have just ruined heavy and light armor to the point that two of my guilds are questioning if they actually complete trials anymore.

So I am having a hard time feeling any compassion for complaints over cyrodiil.
  • LoveForElderScrolls

I disagree with you.

You have your class skills, your weapon skills, undaunted skills, fighters guild skills, mages guild skills, vampire skills, warewolf skills, potions, food, single set buffs from helms and probably more.

So when you say that PVP is skilless without the rest of the sets, I just look at you and wonder where you get that notion.
    There is still IC, there is still BGs.

You say when the sets are removed it's skilless Call of Duty. However, you just said you had to gold gears and buy new DLC to gain an advantage over others while not even having to do anything more but just let the sets proc over and over to kill them.

So I have one question for you. Have you looked in the mirror?

No, I don't just buy gear and make them gold and then go kill everything. I've made at least 70 PVP builds and most of them failed and practiced my rotation and know what skills to use for every build I make.