Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Malacath considered one of the allowed sets in pvp?

talfx5
talfx5
✭✭✭
I havnt played in about half a year because of malacath, will it be allowed in the nonproc update? because it seem unclear from what i've read.
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might depend on sales
    Edited by hands0medevil on March 8, 2021 8:44AM
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Might depend on sales

IKR... but the patch is out on pc right? is it allowed there?
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not allowed.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    talfx5 wrote: »
    I havnt played in about half a year because of malacath, will it be allowed in the nonproc update? because it seem unclear from what i've read.

It's allowed in the sense that you won't get in trouble for using it, but the set bonus won't be functional.

The no-proc ruleset disables any set bonus that involves a percentage, a condition (including specific damage types), or a named buff. If the server has to do any work beyond adding an unconditional flat amount of a stat (like 129 weapon damage or 1096 stamina), then the entire line won't work. New Moon, for example, has its entire 5th-piece bonus disabled: you don't get the 5% cost increase, because that's a percentage the server has to calculate, but you also don't get the extra damage, since it's on the same line. A single monster piece that adds flat penetration or max resource or damage works, but one that adds 4% healing doesn't. A set line that adds X damage full stop is fine, but a set line that adds damage only to Physical or only to Magic damage abilities won't work, because the server has to check whether each skill is doing Physical or Magic damage.

They couldn't make Malacath an exception even if they wanted to right now, regardless of sales. Their coding is such that it's all or nothing across all campaigns. That's what they need two quarters to change.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    talfx5 wrote: »

It's allowed in the sense that you won't get in trouble for using it, but the set bonus won't be functional.

The no-proc ruleset disables any set bonus that involves a percentage, a condition (including specific damage types), or a named buff. If the server has to do any work beyond adding an unconditional flat amount of a stat (like 129 weapon damage or 1096 stamina), then the entire line won't work. New Moon, for example, has its entire 5th-piece bonus disabled: you don't get the 5% cost increase, because that's a percentage the server has to calculate, but you also don't get the extra damage, since it's on the same line. A single monster piece that adds flat penetration or max resource or damage works, but one that adds 4% healing doesn't. A set line that adds X damage full stop is fine, but a set line that adds damage only to Physical or only to Magic damage abilities won't work, because the server has to check whether each skill is doing Physical or Magic damage.

They couldn't make Malacath an exception even if they wanted to right now, regardless of sales. Their coding is such that it's all or nothing across all campaigns. That's what they need two quarters to change.

Awesome, Then that will really be the best update to ever hit eso imo.
    Thanks for the elaboration!
    Edited by talfx5 on March 8, 2021 9:15AM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Malacath is the PRIMARY REASON why some people instead think proc sets are the problem...
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malacath is the PRIMARY REASON why some people instead think proc sets are the problem...

I’d have to laugh if they’d left 95% of sets less than fully functional in Cyro because they wanted to disable Malacath there. I wonder if they went to try to either make Malacath not buff proc sets or disable it completely and then realized they had to recode everything to be able to do it.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭

I got the game months before Malacath came out, and every other thread was about proc sets proc sets proc sets....ZoS when you gonna nerf proc sets, ZoS is not listening when are you going to balance pvp?!! procs sets are ruining pvp.

That was the sentiment when I joined the community barely knowing what a "proc set" was lol. Malacath introduced ways to build very tanky whilst keeping great damage. Procs were a major complain and then malacath comes and buffs all damage including damage procs.
    Overall sentiment didn't change as far as I saw, many players don't like sets that do damage for you in pvp.
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I have to say is now Malcath is not usable in PvP... can they now please remove the armor penalties?