The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

I'm absolutely infuriated that 50% of my time spent into the game is getting ZOSed

spacewolfplays
spacewolfplays
✭✭✭
I'm not questioning why they made the choices they did for CP 2.0. In fact, I love CP 2.0, I am looking forward to it.

What I'm upset about is that my 40-60% of my XP is getting deleted. XP scrolls that I spent actual US DOLLARS on are getting hard negated. Time, actual minutes and hours and days, that I put into this game, are having a good portion of their value removed. Yes, I enjoyed the gameplay. But I also had an expectation that every mob, boss, and dungeon I finished off, would be worth a certain amount of XP. And that XP would mean something. XP is not just a measurement of player's power, it's a measurement of the effort they put into the game.

Don't get me wrong, I GET IT. I understand why you wanna keep whatever our CP in 1.0 is, and carry it over to 2.0. I think that would be a weird gameplay gap to change.

But also, there has been NO STATEMENT on behalf of ZOS about compensating us for that effort we put in and THAT is what is really grinding my gears. Give us SOMETHING to represent the HOURS of work people have put into this game that is effectively being deleted without so much as an "oops". IDK what it is, a stack of scrolls, materials, a mount, a house, i don't actually care. BUT give us SOME acknowledgement that you're negating our hard earned time and effort.

It's not hard to calculate how much XP someone has based on their CP, that's objectively the same across the board. ### CP will be ####### XP. It's simple math, and the fact that they've chosen to do nothing with this is a shame. You could fix this by launch day, or you could delay the game until it is fixed, but you don't want to do that, whatever. I don't actually care about that that much.

This is my favorite game. I put hours and hours into it every week. As I know lots of other people do. I have BURNT OUT xp grinding in this game to meet arbitrary requirements because of that power creep. Devs are saying they are doing this to address power creep, but cant acknowledge the consequences of that power creep before the change?

ZOS, please don't stay silent on this. You hurt people w/ the vDSA vMA changes in ways that still sting. This is gonna sting too, but you can do something about it.

DO SOMETHING.
  • spacewolfplays
    spacewolfplays
    ✭✭✭
    Since i know money is important to businesses, as should customer relationships be... I just want to reiterate that people have spent ACTUAL MONEY on increasing XP gains. How do you ignore that?
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least 50% of the time spent in the game you aren't getting ZOSed.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • spacewolfplays
    spacewolfplays
    ✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    At least 50% of the time spent in the game you aren't getting ZOSed.

At least 50% of the time walking through my town I'm not getting stabbed. Is that supposed to make the time I do get stabbed not matter? Am I supposed to be excited that the bare minimum is being met? No. that's not how things work.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 3 or 4 threads on this that have gone through all of the arguments pro and con. I'd recommend checking them out just to see what's already been said.
  • spacewolfplays
    spacewolfplays
    ✭✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »
    There are 3 or 4 threads on this that have gone through all of the arguments pro and con. I'd recommend checking them out just to see what's already been said.

I saw them. I'm not talking about the pros and cons. I am saying I want the CP 2.0 system, and I understand why that means 50% of my XP is going away.

My complaint is that we are not getting compensated in any way, shape, or form, for the time we put into that XP. And that is just wrong. That was not addressed as a primary focus of those threads. I want to focus on that.
  • Duplomancer
    Duplomancer
    ✭✭✭
    Every CP beyond 810 is now worth something. So you gained.
    CP Exp curve has been adjusted so that it is easier to get them. So you gained.

50% lost seems high, but I do not know your play style.

I don't particularly like it, and was going to bail until I saw they adjusted the soft cap (which IMO they should just get rid of that or move it to 3600, it makes no sense).

That said. This is big time demoralization. Having to spend any time grinding Exp on such a scale is soul crushing. In before someone tells me to "like just play the game maaaaan"... I do that, but I like to block out some time to mindlessly grind, cause it can be Zen. I need 2650 cp to get to 3600, that harshes my Zen.
  • spacewolfplays
    spacewolfplays
    ✭✭✭

I don't particularly like it, and was going to bail until I saw they adjusted the soft cap (which IMO they should just get rid of that or move it to 3600, it makes no sense).

That said. This is big time demoralization. Having to spend any time grinding Exp on such a scale is soul crushing.

To my knowledge this spreadsheet is accurate, here's how CP 600 compares. the gap grows as your CP goes up.

lC9Vsr5.png

It makes no sense to me that they dont just look at how much XP someone has and just give them what they would have with that much XP. If this change is supposed to fight power creep, then having more CP shouldnt matter! if it's just QoL changes, then just give them the CP!
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That said. This is big time demoralization. Having to spend any time grinding Exp on such a scale is soul crushing.

To my knowledge this spreadsheet is accurate, here's how CP 600 compares. the gap grows as your CP goes up.

lC9Vsr5.png

It makes no sense to me that they dont just look at how much XP someone has and just give them what they would have with that much XP. If this change is supposed to fight power creep, then having more CP shouldnt matter! if it's just QoL changes, then just give them the CP!

If that spreadsheet is accurate they are writing off from my account almost twice as much XP as is required to reach my current CP with the new curve.

Christ should not have looked.
  • spacewolfplays
    spacewolfplays
    ✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    If that spreadsheet is accurate they are writing off from my account almost twice as much XP as is required to reach my current CP with the new curve.

Exactly. Someone asked me "So what is ZOS's response to the 'wasted XP'?" and there's been nothing.

I JUST WANT ZOS TO ADDRESS THIS!!
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel cheated as well.
    Spent so much time on my 5 accounts and I regret buying and playing them now.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

Exactly. Someone asked me "So what is ZOS's response to the 'wasted XP'?" and there's been nothing.

I JUST WANT ZOS TO ADDRESS THIS!!

I'm just telling myself that XP in this game is a finite resource and the 500M odd XP that is going to disappear from my account in a couple of days is actually going to be used as enlightenment for new players.

Is the only way that this is not a total travesty (and also validates the 'think of the children' argument that crops up in every thread.)

If I tell that to myself enough times I might end up believing it.
  • Duplomancer
    Duplomancer
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, pretty sure they said they are also using this as a catch up mechanic for newer players. Probably why we are not getting a conversion. /shrug
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, pretty sure they said they are also using this as a catch up mechanic for newer players. Probably why we are not getting a conversion. /shrug

It is.. and moving people along would defeat the entire purpose of a catch-up mechanic.

But, despite how many times it's been said, we get a new thread a day on this same topic (in multiple subforums)

They say they've lost their time, want it added, then new players to have to spend the same amount of time to catch up.

They say they've lost their XP. and want it added then new players to have to earn the same XP they previously earned to catch up.

They say give new players extra enlightenment. This will only shorten their time to get there (and you still "lose" your extra time if you played on the "old" system)

Nobody likes losing stuff. They all want "new" players to be able to catch up. But the two ideas are fundamentally incompatible. You either directly lose it, or indirectly, but the effects are the exact same mathematically :disappointed:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • spacewolfplays
    spacewolfplays
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    But, despite how many times it's been said, we get a new thread a day on this same topic (in multiple subforums)

Nobody likes losing stuff. They all want "new" players to be able to catch up. But the two ideas are fundamentally incompatible. You either directly lose it, or indirectly, but the effects are the exact same mathematically :disappointed:

I actually agree with you @tmbrinks, I'm not complaining about the changes. I agree the changes are necessary. I'm fine w/ keeping my CP level, and I want new players to catch up.

I just want ZOS to compensate us for our lost time. Which is why I feel like this topic is unique. And that could be done every time this happens. If the players have THAT MUCH xp that they are bothered by the loss, then it's likely they've already put thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars into the game. Giving them, for example, $10 of crowns or something is basic economics to keeping valued customers happy. Which is pennies compared to how much people spend on this game.
    Edited by spacewolfplays on March 6, 2021 9:29PM
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

As there are already multiple threads on this subject, we have closed this thread down to try and consolidate feedback. If anyone would like to continue discussion on this topic, please feel free to do so here. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.