The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

While logging in/out - high pitched noise like that of ripping paper. Damaging speakers maybe!

silver1surfer69
silver1surfer69
✭✭✭✭
While logging on and logging out there is at a certain point a high pitched noise like that of ripping paper, for like 0.5 sec. I fear that is damaging my high tone speakers. 1 of my high tone speakers already broke. PLS FIX!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 24, 2021 12:54AM
PC/EU
Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not experience this issue. PC NA.
    PC NA
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU and never heard anything like this.
    I'd either repair game, check audio drivers or look at what other programs are running.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @silver1surfer69

Our audio troubleshooting FAQ linked below has some steps you can take that can help with sound issues such as the one you're encountering.

How do I fix sound issues on PC?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    PC EU and never heard anything like this.
    I'd either repair game, check audio drivers or look at what other programs are running.

I never had this before too, but it occurs since i upgraded my sound system. Its an audiophiliac system with an evga nu audio card, marantz amplifier connected via optical and very performant speakers. Somewhere in the process this problem was introduced and my guess is its something with the evga card. I will go through the troubleshooting process offered to me from zos to see what it brings but i doubt you will be able to reproduce this problem without an audiophiliac sound system. I will try the repair game option first cause this sounds as to be the most promissing.
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on March 1, 2021 2:36PM
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @silver1surfer69

Our audio troubleshooting FAQ linked below has some steps you can take that can help with sound issues such as the one you're encountering.

Thx, i will go through this troubleshooting process and will see what it will bring. The problem occurs since i upgraded my sound system and its at that point when you return or leave the actual game screen and enter a loading screen but only when logging on or off. My sound system is an audiophiliac system with an evga nu audio card, marantz amplifier connected via optical and very performant speakers. Somewhere in the process upgrading my sound system this problem was introduced and my guess is its something with the evga card. I will go through the troubleshooting process you offered to me from zos to see what it brings and will check back here.
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on March 1, 2021 2:28PM
    PC/EU
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @silver1surfer69

I did the supposed steps in the FAQ and the issue is still there. It is right when you leave the loading screen that comes after the character screen.
    PC/EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @silver1surfer69

Thank you for the update. Since the posted troubleshooting has not helped, we recommend starting a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post