The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Not being able to 100% purchase everything boggles my mind.

karekiz
karekiz
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
If the thought is you have 4 slots that in the end determine your loadout, why exactly are you capped on buying the entire tree? It seems pointless to not only make a slot based system similar to https://secretworld.fandom.com/wiki/Ability <More passive by nature but similar regardless>, and then basically interrupt the ability to hot swap the same. Its feels like a dumbed down WoW talent tree with dual spec in the end and abilities that aren't really that interesting.
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS - "We are making it a more horizontal system. Vertical progression will end at about 1200 CP"

ESO Community - " This is way more vertical than the last! Vertical progression doesn't end until 2700 CP now!"

ZOS - "After some feedback vertical progression ends around 1800 so we are going to increase CP gain to that point."

ESO Community - "This is a great change they are finally listening to our feedback!"

karekiz, literally only karekiz - "Vertical progression should never end. Who cares about the people that haven't played since launch and people who don't have time to play 10 hours a day."
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS - "We are making it a more horizontal system. Vertical progression will end at about 1200 CP"

ESO Community - " This is way more vertical than the last! Vertical progression doesn't end until 2700 CP now!"

ZOS - "After some feedback vertical progression ends around 1800 so we are going to increase CP gain to that point."

ESO Community - "This is a great change they are finally listening to our feedback!"

karekiz, literally only karekiz - "Vertical progression should never end. Who cares about the people that haven't played since launch and people who don't have time to play 10 hours a day."

They may be referring to the fact that the system is suppose to be better suited to horizontal progression and choices, yet we can't actually unlock every star available because the cap is 3600 and the total cost of every star is well above that.

If thats their point:
    1. You can respec still for 3000g.
    2. You're not going to pick things that you will never need, so why would you need 5000cp? As a DPS, I'm not going to spend 50 points on 10% healing over time on a slottable, but I will spend 50 points on the 7% healing received on direct damage attacks that I can swap in for solo content like arena's or pvp. In pve, I will max out my DPS because I can rely on a healer.
    3. 3600 is what the cap is now. It does not mean ZOS can't increase it in the future, we are transitioning from CP 1.0 to CP 2.0, 3600 was the hard cap, so it remains as the hard cap. If they continue to update CP with more options, they will probably give us more space for our points.... because really, why wouldn't they want us to keep grinding?

Edited by MashmalloMan on February 22, 2021 11:06PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

liglousqu84j.jpg

Here is a better example of what I mean.

That is every passive effect on your character regardless of role. DPS/Tank/Heal. They all benefit from those passive stars.

Now obviously if you bought your DPS stars you can easily fit the DPS role. If I was about to essentially buy all slottable actives there would be no real difference between a low CP DPS and a high end DPS. The big difference? You won't be bothered with swapping roles. Here is a different example. Lets look at the green tree.

5s2ag4dq6d29.jpg

Overall I bought stuff I would deem as valuable for my main <General crafting + a couple passive bonuses>. Is it REALLY that silly to think it would be OP to not have to bother to respec for "Shadowstrike"? It feels like a general waste. Also the random 2 points that I can literally do nothing with <No there isn't anything to unlock with that>. Tells you the break points are a little off.
    Edited by karekiz on February 23, 2021 1:05AM
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    @karekiz

yes i agree with you it should be like that , if u hit 3600 u have unlocked everything.

For future , if they add new start which cost 40 CP then they should increase CP CAP by 40 (the same amount to have that start).
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems a bizarre choice given that the only point of 3600 currently is that was the how many it took to fill everything. It seems kind of arbitrary to keep that as the hard cap now - why that many and no more? Especially as they've said one of the points of 2.0 is that it's expandable. It's already limited by the champion bar so an extra restriction makes no sense. We can have horizontal progression but not too much or it might accidentally become more fun and less work!

The only explanation I can think of is that it's hard wired into the game in some way, but you'd think bringing in a whole new system would be the perfect time to overhaul everything, rather than just working around remnants of the original. Either that or it was just plain laziness, it doesn't need to be changed now so why bother?
    PS4 EU
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Snip]
    No really.. How is supposed to feel veteran player who plays this game every day for years compared to John who is changing 1 week eso 1 week fortnite
    John now can get to veteran easily and you are still saying that its unfair

[Edited for real-world politics]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 25, 2021 2:28PM
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    My theory is that someone needs to teach ZOS about linear algebra instead of heady object oriented design :p
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rate in which people can get CPs is of no consequence to me. I can hardly care less.

My main problem with the system is that now I may need to load an addon that rearranges the “active” passives depending on what I am doing.

This is an aoe heavy fight, reload passives.
    This is a direct damage fight, reload passives.

It’s annoying.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, the main thing I don’t like is having to put points in something I DON’T care about to get to something I DO want. If they would do away with that aspect of CP 2.0 I would be happier.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will monetize this, nerf followed by 150% xp scroll sale and race change tokens etc.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    They will monetize this, nerf followed by 150% xp scroll sale and race change tokens etc.

the race change thing alone is questionable (not you, ZOS). Are they giving race change tokens or is this a pure profit move for ZOS with the major race changes?

I hate to be suspect of ZOS.. but this doesn't look great.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    The rate in which people can get CPs is of no consequence to me. I can hardly care less.

My main problem with the system is that now I may need to load an addon that rearranges the “active” passives depending on what I am doing.

This is an aoe heavy fight, reload passives.
    This is a direct damage fight, reload passives.

It’s annoying.

This is my least favorite aspect of the rework. To only give us 4 active slots and then to break damage into 3 different categories that all need to be slotted for a PvE DD feels very restrictive.
    I'd like it much more if the DOT star was made a passive or just eliminated and the buff to DOT damage was moved to base stats. As it is all the fun "flavor" stars like oblivion damage on a kill will never get slotted because we're forced to slot vanilla buffs to base damage as they are too strong to pass up.
    Edited by itscompton on February 24, 2021 10:05PM