The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

New CP is a bit of an illusion.. too many passive non-slottable bonuses. Driving away new players

• Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Troodon80 An edge is an edge for sure, I'm not saying it's not. I was specifically replying to the type of comment like this:
    I would not be surprised for end game trial guilds to ask from 1600+ CP when the patch drops.

You've got all the HM clears. Do you see this quote as accurate or likely? I don't.

End game players will WANT these edges and keep pushing to get them, but if I have 2k CP but I stand in red, can't do mechanics, don't listen to the raid lead or whatever else I'm not getting into a TTT or IR group. If I do good dps and don't die and do the mechanics, I will get into those groups.

No one is going to care if I have 10% incoming healing as long as I'm not dying and I'm holding up my end of the group dps.

@spacefracking CP is less important on PTS than live for damage. On live i have +22% damage to my direct damage attacks and +23% damage for dots AND 11% damage to all elemental damage and 9% increased damage to my light attacks, the biggest component of my dps.

On PTS I have +10% direct damage (slotted) and +10% damage to my dots (slotted) and +100 spell damage to my elemental abilities. They gave us 1000 spell/weapon damage to keep our dps the "same" as live which means they effectively removed that much dps from CP.

You don't need diminishing returns because it simply doesn't matter as much.
    When the PTS is fixed for armour pen then i'll be very interested to do some comparison parses to see how much damage each individual CP option gives. I'm not expecting huge differences for missing effectively 300CP honestly
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    @Troodon80 An edge is an edge for sure, I'm not saying it's not. I was specifically replying to the type of comment like this:
    I would not be surprised for end game trial guilds to ask from 1600+ CP when the patch drops.

You've got all the HM clears. Do you see this quote as accurate or likely? I don't.
    Groups which are already set, certainly not. Some score pushing groups at the moment have people with below 1500 CP. But for guilds which are recruiting, there definitely will be a new threshold. I don't know what it'll be. I've seen guilds expressing that 1200 should be sufficient, while others are talking about 1600-1800+. Which is concerning considering the patch isn't even on Live yet. Whether guilds will act on this is anyone's guess.
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    No one is going to care if I have 10% incoming healing as long as I'm not dying and I'm holding up my end of the group dps.
    But that's the thing, that edge means it's less likely that you'll die. If you're a new recruit to end game content, the group won't know whether you enjoy roleplaying as a carpet or not. The guild leader or group will pick the person with the higher CP over the lower CP any day just because of that edge -- assuming both recruits otherwise have the same overall experience.

If the lower CP person already has a few triples and the higher CP person has only done the Craglorn trials, then of course the lower CP person will be taken. That comes down to the experience factor.
    Edited by Troodon80 on February 2, 2021 10:19AM
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics