The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

On the subject of PvE players in a PvP Event..

• ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know some people say "just do a scout mission or whatever and no pvp involved!". That is not the problem for a lot of PVErs though. The problem is the gankers that constantly go around ganking PVERs trying to quest while the actual PVPers are busy doing their keeps and such. Most PVPers respect( and tolerate) that PVERs just want to do quests in the towns and be left alone. But you have those few that are determined to ruin the day for people who have no interest in pvp.

Ifs fine if they are taking the objective but when they just hang out to grief people running the quests and have no interest in taking the objective that is where pvers really get annoyed with it. Sure, we could use the argument that pvpers are forced to do pve for event tickets or whatever. But no one is actively trying to prevent a pvper from getting tickets or rewards from pve events and that is not the case with MM.

Ive had to jump from campaign to campaign on multiple characters because even at neutral towns i am getting ganked by a pair of griefers. It was a struggle to just complete one quest so i could get tickets little lone enjoy the event. Eventually i made a suicide run at the quest giver to turn in the quest so i could get it turned in before i died so i didn't have to return. Luckily the griefers were busy making someone else miserable. That is where the calls for pvers to be exempt from PVP come in a lot i think. That is ridiculous what we have to go through just to enjoy the event.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

Doing the Cyrodiil "Scout a Keep" quest is the PvP equivalent of Fungal Grotto 1.

In that it gets you one full day's worth of event tickets without the need to include any other people or make any changes whatsoever to your character to do?[/quote]

Yep, you simply ride your horse there and hit 'e'.

A few seconds later it's done and you can use the /stuck command to teleport back to base.[/quote]

Agree 100%. Yesterday I took my level 11 alt in to cyrodiil, wearing pick up gear. I didn't even use my horse, it was too slow. I avoided all the orange fight flash symbols on the map and farmed double resources all the way up the map. I just exercised caution through the milegates and stayed off the main roads. No skill or special gear required on my pve toon. Oh and I don't even bother to go all the way home, just jump off a high cliff or go swimming with the slaughterfish (another achievement :wink: )
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on February 2, 2021 4:23AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today in IC doing the daily on my PvP toon, I got farmed repeatedly at the quest points by players in both of the other factions. They sit there chugging invisibility potions (not just nightblades, even sorcs, necros, and tanky dragonknights use them) until they see you interact with whatever, and then “bam”. With the lag you don’t have time to do anything. I was crouched the whole time otherwise. I must have died 5 or 6 times and traveled back to the sewers and back again to the district (since none of the districts were controlled by my faction). It took me nearly an hour. I can usually do this in 10 minutes.

This is the deal with PvP zones - there are times when you just can’t complete the quest because the map is not favorable to doing so. The events bring out the worst in people as well. At least they only got a handful of tel var off me because I only went to IC to do that daily.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today in IC doing the daily on my PvP toon, I got farmed repeatedly at the quest points by players in both of the other factions. They sit there chugging invisibility potions (not just nightblades, even sorcs, necros, and tanky dragonknights use them) until they see you interact with whatever, and then “bam”. With the lag you don’t have time to do anything. I was crouched the whole time otherwise. I must have died 5 or 6 times and traveled back to the sewers and back again to the district (since none of the districts were controlled by my faction). It took me nearly an hour. I can usually do this in 10 minutes.

This is the deal with PvP zones - there are times when you just can’t complete the quest because the map is not favorable to doing so. The events bring out the worst in people as well. At least they only got a handful of tel var off me because I only went to IC to do that daily.

And if you're struggling to complete a quest in one campaign, go to another one. If someone chooses to go into campaigns with coloured bars for other alliances filling the circle, you (not you, katanagirl1, the general 'you') only have yourself to blame if you can't get your quest done.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    How hard is it to scout a keep? Not even any PvP involved
    Harder, still, than they need to work. Any of a number of local town/area of interest dailies will also qualify for the Cyro turn in and take considerably less time to get to.

You'll also get some bonus gear rewards based on the location you choose.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • KovalskyNestor
    KovalskyNestor
    ✭✭✭
    People comparing pvp and pve events is like comparing apples and oranges. PVE events are far easier to get tickets and even achievements for particular pve event. At least no one is gonna make your day miserable while trying to farm a ticket.

Scouting mission in cyro are okay and I don't mind them. Even as someone who is bad at pvp I can enjoy cyro and do other quests. But IC is where frustration come in. There are players who are willing to stay at particular point of daily quest and intentionally kill you. I have seen groups of people running around same district and waiting for players trying to do prisoner quests. I can't blame this behavior. It's practically free alliance points for them.

The only "fix" I can see is to give players an option to choose where they want to farm 3 tickets.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    How hard is it to scout a keep? Not even any PvP involved
    Harder, still, than they need to work. Any of a number of local town/area of interest dailies will also qualify for the Cyro turn in and take considerably less time to get to.

You'll also get some bonus gear rewards based on the location you choose.

Yes, but the point is people are complaining about getting ganked (in a lot of cases I am sure they're using this to just mean "killed" because ganking is a very specific type of playstyle) doing the town quests. Scouting a keep or resource IS literally the easiest, most PvE-friendly quest there is you can do for Cyro tickets. It's just not always the fastest (and if you want the fastest then you HAVE to accept the additional risk).

Unless you check out different campaigns and see what the map is like. I set up a few toons with scouting quests prior just in case I didn't have time to do dailies on the day and it's WAY easier and faster if you jump into a different campaign where you own the keep or an adjacent one and just have to ride for a minute and blood port back home.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThorianB wrote: »
    I know some people say "just do a scout mission or whatever and no pvp involved!". That is not the problem for a lot of PVErs though. The problem is the gankers that constantly go around ganking PVERs trying to quest while the actual PVPers are busy doing their keeps and such. Most PVPers respect( and tolerate) that PVERs just want to do quests in the towns and be left alone. But you have those few that are determined to ruin the day for people who have no interest in pvp.

Ifs fine if they are taking the objective but when they just hang out to grief people running the quests and have no interest in taking the objective that is where pvers really get annoyed with it. Sure, we could use the argument that pvpers are forced to do pve for event tickets or whatever. But no one is actively trying to prevent a pvper from getting tickets or rewards from pve events and that is not the case with MM.

Ive had to jump from campaign to campaign on multiple characters because even at neutral towns i am getting ganked by a pair of griefers. It was a struggle to just complete one quest so i could get tickets little lone enjoy the event. Eventually i made a suicide run at the quest giver to turn in the quest so i could get it turned in before i died so i didn't have to return. Luckily the griefers were busy making someone else miserable. That is where the calls for pvers to be exempt from PVP come in a lot i think. That is ridiculous what we have to go through just to enjoy the event.

Never do the town quests during the event, that's guaranteed to be a PITA. Scouting missions do not require going into a dangerous area to turn in the quest, they are given out and collected in your own alliance's safe zone. The most you risk is randomly running into someone out in the wild if your scouting objective is deep in enemy territory, but really...there's SO much room in Cyro and if you stay stealthed, do NOT ride a mount, just stay stealthed and hoof it yourself all the way there, you can see or even hear enemies coming and get behind something to break line of sight, and it's a needle in a haystack thing. Ring of the Wild Hunt and anything that lets you sneak at normal walking speed (like a vampire passive) makes it really not take that long, and you get a nice quiet scenic breather. Watch out for wolves, though, they will break your stealth because they are jerks. Once you get there you don't have to get too close, just stop the second that the option to write your scouting notes pops up, and you're done. And most of the time you're scouting a resource and if you're near one of your own keeps you can trot back to port back to base, and if you're deep in enemy territory you can bloodport on the NPC guards in the middle of the resource, just run up and let them kill you and boom you go back home and turn in the quest. It's actually kind of nice, especially if you can go during off hours when there's a lower population.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up. I don't do IC even for event tickets and I PvP a lot. Unless you follow Varanis advice about the safe spawn point for your daily quest.or the map is entirely your faction just avoid it. IC is full of true gankers and other WTFWASTHAT killers. I watched a certain soloing PvP streamer turn the entire IC map yellow in one of the new campaigns by solo capping the flags and killing everything/every player practically on the way Took him about 45 mins. So unless you want to get farmed by experts, MY ADVICE: DO NOT GO TO IC SOLO.
    and please don't compare MYM IC to actual PvP.

I keep hearing people talk in this and the zillion other threads that happen every year at our little festival time.as if there is nothing they can do because it's all about no gear, or a single traunatic experience when they died to WTFwasthat or even harrassment or w/e the excuse is.

If the rewards matter that much try these oft repeated suggestions.
    • If they are camping the turn in did you call it out in zone chat? Someone will usually turn up to help.
    • if it was one person...well you could do that but it sems like an over reaction. Just sneak and avoid or wait til they have attacked someone else. PvPers do turn ins and then bloodport all the time. You can also use ./stuck if you aren't in combat to get back to base.
    • You could make some immovable / invis / potions and run past.
    • Put Race against time on or some other snare removal speed buff skill
    • Or group up thru LFG in zone and say you are doing quests and need help at x town because ganker/sniper/group
    • Or even go vamp . You can then run in in stealth
    • Scouting quests as described by PvErs who have actually tried the advice here seems effective for them.
    • IMO town quests are like a mini Imp City...a PITA. I'd avoid them unless you want the title.
    • Or try following your faction to a keep capture and asking if someone will share the quest is also pretty easy.
    • Or try joining a social guild. Every decent sized guild runs a PvP night or two during MYM. Form a guild group.
    • If what you really want is Star-Made Knight then learn to PVP. It's a PVP title after all.
    Or we could just give everybody free tickets for everything...

then I don't have to suffer through mindless drinking and racing and fishing games to get my event tickets and titles. All of which I loathe as much as most of you say you loathe PvP. (I'd rather solo all the resources for the quest than do that beacon lighting thing in one of the events). But I don't type multiple posts 'WAAAH I don't like it. it's not faitr, I'm old I can't do platform games and lag makes it hard.' I just skip the festival events s that annoy me and forgo max tickets that event.

edited
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on February 3, 2021 5:43AM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    I'm seeing a lot of posts asking for special considerations for PvE players in Cyrodiil, such as immunity, or conflict-free zones or whatever. As much as I dislike PvP for all the popular reasons, I don't think that changing the core PvP experience is really the solution.

However, there is something to be said regarding gear inequality, specifically PvP sets vs PvE sets, Gold gear vs Purple etc. that tends to make things exponentially easier for the well-equipped and well-experienced to beat up on the noobs.

So, since we already have a No CP campaign, why not just create a new campaign where all the gear, levels, stat points etc. are flattened and the exact same for everyone? For example, players are set to level 50, no champion points, no attribute points, white gear only (with no set bonuses). But any unlocked skills are still available for use.

I haven't done any math on this, so for all I know fights could take forever as everyone hits like a wet noodle, so maybe increase the gear color allowed (but still disable set bonuses) or tweak things around a bit so the Time-To-kill is still reasonable.

If everyone is on a level-playing field (as far as gear and stats), then the deciding factor simply comes down to player skill. Sure, the good PvPers will still dominate, but at least it won't be because PvE players don't have the right gear. And yes, if you want to take your uber build into PvP, you can still do that in the current campaigns. This would just be another campaign choice, like No-CP.

I mean, at the end of the day, how many people would play Counter-Strike (or whatever), if gear made a huge difference? Everyone would hate it and would be hugely unpopular. These PvP-only games are popular because the only barrier to winning is your own skill.

That said, I will undoubtedly still suck at PVP - but at least I'll know it was a somewhat fair fight and I was beaten by skill.

cos pvp shouldnt have to cater to pve players.
    it's a pvp event. we've only got two. I dont see why the only 2 events we have should be changed cos pve players dont like them.
    they're not exactly freindly when pvp players have joked about a pvp event that had pve elements.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »

Never do the town quests during the event, that's guaranteed to be a PITA. Scouting missions do not require going into a dangerous area to turn in the quest, they are given out and collected in your own alliance's safe zone. The most you risk is randomly running into someone out in the wild if your scouting objective is deep in enemy territory, but really...there's SO much room in Cyro and if you stay stealthed, do NOT ride a mount, just stay stealthed and hoof it yourself all the way there, you can see or even hear enemies coming and get behind something to break line of sight, and it's a needle in a haystack thing. Ring of the Wild Hunt and anything that lets you sneak at normal walking speed (like a vampire passive) makes it really not take that long, and you get a nice quiet scenic breather. Watch out for wolves, though, they will break your stealth because they are jerks. Once you get there you don't have to get too close, just stop the second that the option to write your scouting notes pops up, and you're done. And most of the time you're scouting a resource and if you're near one of your own keeps you can trot back to port back to base, and if you're deep in enemy territory you can bloodport on the NPC guards in the middle of the resource, just run up and let them kill you and boom you go back home and turn in the quest. It's actually kind of nice, especially if you can go during off hours when there's a lower population.

I always do town quests during MM.I do MM for the rewards not the event tickets. So i am interested in boxes. Scouting is far to much horse simulator online for me for a box. This year the griefing has been REALLY bad though. Its only a few players too. like 98% of PVPers don't bother with the towns unless they are taking them as an objective. I do PVP in this game and others but when i am trying to do a quest and im at point A or point B and someone waits until i am engaged then ganks me, that we should be immune too. Also as soon as you fight back, these gankers will vanish.

I had one last night in town that has several other friendlies. Spammed poison arrow at me while talking to the quest giver. By time i got off the screen to and found him i was almost dead, a snipe finished me off. I should note i was wearing 5 pc gold impen( Like i said i do pvp). I respawned in town and swapped a few things. while at the fort. He killed another. I went after him, staying hidden and waited for him to try another. As soon as he attacked another player at the quest giver, i opened up on him with another player joining in. He nearly died before ducking behind a building and going invis again. Did not see him for the remaining 10 minutes i was there. I assume he went after easier prey.

But that is the problem. They wont engage in proper pvp. They want to hide and kill unsuspecting questers and as soon as they are met with real PVP they just hide until the person that is challenging them goes away and then they resume griefing.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst was when someone almost an emperor told PvE players to just leave Cyrodiil and not bother with the event tickets. Because their faction was losing, so it's the PvE players' fault.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    PvE players complaining want the reward without the work.

I don't think that's necessarily true. And really, you can get carried around in a zerg and get the reward without the work, so you know....

All I'm saying is that for a lot of people who decide to try out some PvP, the barrier to entry appears insurmountable at first glance. It's not just a whole new skill set, it's all new gear, champion points, grinding for mats to level up the gear etc. It's just not worth it, when a better player is always going to be better regardless of gear. The gear just compounds the problem of player frustration and retention.

As a PvE tank, I l already carry around 4 distinct sets of gear for various situations (2 for dnugeons,1 for solo overland and 1 for stealth). If it wasn't for the Dressing Room mod, I just wouldn't bother at all. I don't need to add a 5th set, plus refactor all my CP every time. Ain't nobody got time for that. Which is why the No-CP campaign exists.

And which is why I'm suggesting that if you want people to participate, you have to lower the barrier to entry, and if that means putting everyone on a level-playing field where the best players will STILL dominate, then what's the problem?

I'm not asking to remove the other campaigns - just add a new one for people that want to test their actual skill instead of their proc-sets and gold leafed gear.

Why do you think it's fine that PvE is the important aspect of the game that is worthy for you to carry 4 sets of gear whereas PvP should be this afterthought where the gear people spent time acquiring and the CP system that ZOS spent 2 years on gets shut off?

How about we make dungeons and trials and arenas where your gear is generic, CP shut off, because I just dont have time to farm and store all the top-tier DPS gear for each specific instance or switch my champion points depending on the particular pull?

If you dont have time and storage space for PvP, then that's too bad. Just as it is for PvP players who dont bother getting the best PvE gear.
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 2, 2021 3:49PM
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me try to clear up a couple of misconceptions that keep coming up in this thread.

1. The idea is not for casuals to cheese through the PvP event, but to lower the barrier of entry to meaningful participation. As many people have said, it's easy to just do the scouting missions, yes, but that's not really "participating" in PvP in any meaningful way - that's just avoiding the entire thing.
    2. No one wants to "change" or "take away" your PvP. I simply suggested an additional campaign (similar to No CP) with standardized gear. If you don't like it, don't go there. See how that argument works...?

So... if you really are a good PvPer, you should welcome the chance to prove it on a level playing field, instead of relying on your proc sets, Champion Points, gear level etc. Of course, good players will still dominate without these things, and noobs will still get wasted, but at least the fights will be fights of skill that might last more than the length of your first stun.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    Well as a pvp player, i demand a special instance of vet cloudrest that doesnt allow me to die, because its unfair to me.

IF YOU ARE BAD AT SOMETHING, you should not reap the rewards. Thats how pve works, and thats how pvp works.

The counter to that is that you are awesome at soccer and someone requires you to stop at half time and play and win a chess match to play the second half of the soccer you'd be annoyed. It's the mixing of PVE and PVP that is badly broken, not IMHO the events.

As to cloudrest - the game would as a whole be far far more fun if the smarter mobs in dungeons and trials respected line of sight, understood line of sight, blocked, ran around like crazy, dodge-rolled and generally behaved like PVP players.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I hope they keep Cyrodiil and Imperial City as a mix of PvP and PvE, rather than creating separate PvP and PvE instances of them. They are what they are, and what they are is a major part of the whole ESO storyline.

Cyrodiil is actually pretty safe to ride around in much of the time if you avoid the areas where the three alliances are fighting for control of keeps, outposts, and the three "ownable" towns. And even if you're always at risk of being targeted by players from the other two alliances, that adds to the whole atmosphere of Cyrodiil as a war zone. Sure, it can be terrifying at first for PvE players, what with the constant nerve-wracking anxiety of being killed by other players; but once you develop an attitude that you don't care, or aren't scared, whether you get killed or not, it's actually a fun place to explore and quest. And if you're questing in areas away from the action, such as in the delves, it's not unheard of to run into players from other alliances who just leave you alone or will even fight alongside you against the mobs and bosses.

Imperial City is more problematic due to the much smaller size of the six districts, which makes it much harder to avoid other players if you aren't looking for PvP action; but the sewers are much larger and more spread out, so they can be a lot of fun to explore-- once you figure out how everything is laid out so you're less likely to get lost.

Anyway, I find that the constant risk of getting killed in PvP makes it much more thrilling to quest and explore in Cyrodiil and Imperial City. As long as you maintain the proper attitude, it can be a lot of fun. You got killed? No problem; just run back out there and try again. You got killed again? Get right back out there and try again (again). Whistle a snappy tune, or listen to some fun and bouncy music, to help keep you in a positive frame of mind.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm seeing a lot of posts asking for special considerations for PvE players in Cyrodiil, such as immunity, or conflict-free zones or whatever. As much as I dislike PvP for all the popular reasons, I don't think that changing the core PvP experience is really the solution.

However, there is something to be said regarding gear inequality, specifically PvP sets vs PvE sets, Gold gear vs Purple etc. that tends to make things exponentially easier for the well-equipped and well-experienced to beat up on the noobs.

So, since we already have a No CP campaign, why not just create a new campaign where all the gear, levels, stat points etc. are flattened and the exact same for everyone? For example, players are set to level 50, no champion points, no attribute points, white gear only (with no set bonuses). But any unlocked skills are still available for use.

I haven't done any math on this, so for all I know fights could take forever as everyone hits like a wet noodle, so maybe increase the gear color allowed (but still disable set bonuses) or tweak things around a bit so the Time-To-kill is still reasonable.

If everyone is on a level-playing field (as far as gear and stats), then the deciding factor simply comes down to player skill. Sure, the good PvPers will still dominate, but at least it won't be because PvE players don't have the right gear. And yes, if you want to take your uber build into PvP, you can still do that in the current campaigns. This would just be another campaign choice, like No-CP.

I mean, at the end of the day, how many people would play Counter-Strike (or whatever), if gear made a huge difference? Everyone would hate it and would be hugely unpopular. These PvP-only games are popular because the only barrier to winning is your own skill.

That said, I will undoubtedly still suck at PVP - but at least I'll know it was a somewhat fair fight and I was beaten by skill.

Today's PvP meta is the easiest it's ever been in years. ZOS's reintroduction of proc sets basically closed the gap between good and bad PvPers. Don't believe me? Just slot 3 proc sets and you can kill anyone that isn't competent. I don't mean to be offensive, but your suggestion would do the opposite of what you asked for. It would just widen the skill gap as players would actually have to use their brain and combo abilities to kill, whereas during the current meta they can just press 1 button and have 2-3 proc sets deal free damage for them.

So no, your idea would backfire and widen the skill gap.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I always do town quests during MM.I do MM for the rewards not the event tickets. So i am interested in boxes. Scouting is far to much horse simulator online for me for a box. This year the griefing has been REALLY bad though. Its only a few players too. like 98% of PVPers don't bother with the towns unless they are taking them as an objective. I do PVP in this game and others but when i am trying to do a quest and im at point A or point B and someone waits until i am engaged then ganks me, that we should be immune too. Also as soon as you fight back, these gankers will vanish.

I had one last night in town that has several other friendlies. Spammed poison arrow at me while talking to the quest giver. By time i got off the screen to and found him i was almost dead, a snipe finished me off. I should note i was wearing 5 pc gold impen( Like i said i do pvp). I respawned in town and swapped a few things. while at the fort. He killed another. I went after him, staying hidden and waited for him to try another. As soon as he attacked another player at the quest giver, i opened up on him with another player joining in. He nearly died before ducking behind a building and going invis again. Did not see him for the remaining 10 minutes i was there. I assume he went after easier prey.

But that is the problem. They wont engage in proper pvp. They want to hide and kill unsuspecting questers and as soon as they are met with real PVP they just hide until the person that is challenging them goes away and then they resume griefing.

As I said before, impen is only any good against crit, if someone's got a Malacath build or has even just... not built for crit you might as well be wearing 5 piece tissue paper for the amount of mitigation it will do you.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Personally, I hope they keep Cyrodiil and Imperial City as a mix of PvP and PvE, rather than creating separate PvP and PvE instances of them. They are what they are, and what they are is a major part of the whole ESO storyline.

Cyrodiil is actually pretty safe to ride around in much of the time if you avoid the areas where the three alliances are fighting for control of keeps, outposts, and the three "ownable" towns. And even if you're always at risk of being targeted by players from the other two alliances, that adds to the whole atmosphere of Cyrodiil as a war zone. Sure, it can be terrifying at first for PvE players, what with the constant nerve-wracking anxiety of being killed by other players; but once you develop an attitude that you don't care, or aren't scared, whether you get killed or not, it's actually a fun place to explore and quest. And if you're questing in areas away from the action, such as in the delves, it's not unheard of to run into players from other alliances who just leave you alone or will even fight alongside you against the mobs and bosses.

Imperial City is more problematic due to the much smaller size of the six districts, which makes it much harder to avoid other players if you aren't looking for PvP action; but the sewers are much larger and more spread out, so they can be a lot of fun to explore-- once you figure out how everything is laid out so you're less likely to get lost.

Anyway, I find that the constant risk of getting killed in PvP makes it much more thrilling to quest and explore in Cyrodiil and Imperial City. As long as you maintain the proper attitude, it can be a lot of fun. You got killed? No problem; just run back out there and try again. You got killed again? Get right back out there and try again (again). Whistle a snappy tune, or listen to some fun and bouncy music, to help keep you in a positive frame of mind.
    Cyrodil is pretty safe.
    1pmEKRKh.jpg
    Yes he had a long way to run back if I killed him. Standard health so probably PvE build to.
    Most don't know about the EP saltwater locations. He probably assumed one don't kill an fellow angler

I was killed the 3'rd time doing solo PvE in Cyrodil just before the event, that is after farming all the skyshards on multiple alts and done all the quests on main. Ran into an red in an delve on an almost yellow map.
    First two was stupidity, thinking that all Khajiit is friendly, he had an blue mark who I did not see.
    Second was some who was struggling killing npc in a town, then hit by an AoE I ignored then an ultimate.
    Towns at start of event is dangerous, later on they are safe if your group own most of the map.

IC is another kettle because its so cramped you will run into other players all the time and its prime farming area, 40 players quests fill up so fast.
    More so now as the main reward only drop from IC and sewer who is an magnitude worse bosses.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me try to clear up a couple of misconceptions that keep coming up in this thread.

1. The idea is not for casuals to cheese through the PvP event, but to lower the barrier of entry to meaningful participation. As many people have said, it's easy to just do the scouting missions, yes, but that's not really "participating" in PvP in any meaningful way - that's just avoiding the entire thing.
    2. No one wants to "change" or "take away" your PvP. I simply suggested an additional campaign (similar to No CP) with standardized gear. If you don't like it, don't go there. See how that argument works...?

So... if you really are a good PvPer, you should welcome the chance to prove it on a level playing field, instead of relying on your proc sets, Champion Points, gear level etc. Of course, good players will still dominate without these things, and noobs will still get wasted, but at least the fights will be fights of skill that might last more than the length of your first stun.

As I pointed out that would potentially cause the problem to be worse. If a player is going to spend time targeting what they feel are weaker targets they are going to go to the campaign most likely to have those weaker targets. The gear wouldn't change anything at all. Well maybe it takes you one more hit to die. Maybe.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

As I said before, impen is only any good against crit, if someone's got a Malacath build or has even just... not built for crit you might as well be wearing 5 piece tissue paper for the amount of mitigation it will do you.

I was actually making a point that i was on a character that i use to PVP and wasn't some random Pver that wondered into the zone. I guess i should have made that MORE clear, for you.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was actually making a point that i was on a character that i use to PVP and wasn't some random Pver that wondered into the zone. I guess i should have made that MORE clear, for you.

And I was just pointing out how 5 pieces of impen these days in PvP isn't going to block half of it anymore because of Malacath. I wasn't having a go, mate, so no need to do it back. :/
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And if you're struggling to complete a quest in one campaign, go to another one. If someone chooses to go into campaigns with coloured bars for other alliances filling the circle, you (not you, katanagirl1, the general 'you') only have yourself to blame if you can't get your quest done.

I actually pick the lowest pop IC campaign that is not a no-cp campaign, because no-cp campaigns are no fun being so weak. I just want to get in and out and be done.

It would be ridiculous to go into a full campaign just to do a daily quest, guaranteed to fail.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on February 3, 2021 5:33AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is that there are a lot of motif chasers/'completionists ' doing IC/Sewers to make a killing in gold by selling the rare motifs/costumes for million plus gold per. Hence the continual references to IC in the nerf MYM threads. I'm told the basis of the complaints is not actually the IC daily ticket difficulty because that is doable using a widely explained cheese method. They are very salty that PVPers (finally?) have something worth a lot of gold to sell and it's harder for the collectors to farm the collectables than in the usual PvE events. This means they'll have to buy them from PvPers for lots of gold or actually PVP for them. >:)
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on February 3, 2021 5:53AM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the topic of the cheese method, I actually went into Arena this morning and people from my allegiance were freeing citizens very near to me and I didn't get credit for it unless I did damage to the Daedra who were guarding them as well. Could have just been a random issue though - been having some problems where I suddenly can't use any skills, or can't repair a door. Guess that sort of thing is par for the course in PvP zones though.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Brenticus12
    Brenticus12
    ✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    The hurdles/time in pve to play pvp effectively is a lot. Plenty of pve content has huge walls for pvp players...for example, we get a random two monster sets a week, & usually sets years old.

Would I be accepted in a vet dlc/trial with my pvp build & sets? Or would I have to prep for that content to be successful?

PvP endgame like PvE endgame requires dedication, prep, experience, & yes a lot of dying.

Emphasis mine.

This final sentence is interesting. How many of the PvE events require PvE endgame? As opposed to just normal, every day, overland style activities?

doesn't witches festival require you to do trials/arenas? Not really "endgame" since you can just do them on normal, but it's something atleast.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the topic of the cheese method, I actually went into Arena this morning and people from my allegiance were freeing citizens very near to me and I didn't get credit for it unless I did damage to the Daedra who were guarding them as well. Could have just been a random issue though - been having some problems where I suddenly can't use any skills, or can't repair a door. Guess that sort of thing is par for the course in PvP zones though.

I had the thing where I couldn't repair doors properly today as well, and I wasn't getting any of the messages you get if you're not angled the right way. It just... wasn't working 9 times out of 10. Which it has been fine this event up until now.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The hurdles/time in pve to play pvp effectively is a lot. Plenty of pve content has huge walls for pvp players...for example, we get a random two monster sets a week, & usually sets years old.

Would I be accepted in a vet dlc/trial with my pvp build & sets? Or would I have to prep for that content to be successful?

PvP endgame like PvE endgame requires dedication, prep, experience, & yes a lot of dying.

Emphasis mine.

This final sentence is interesting. How many of the PvE events require PvE endgame? As opposed to just normal, every day, overland style activities?

doesn't witches festival require you to do trials/arenas? Not really "endgame" since you can just do them on normal, but it's something atleast.

Yep, if you want to get specific Dremora motif chapters, you have to complete arenas and trials.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't getting any of the messages you get if you're not angled the right way.

In my case it kept telling me "invalid target for this repair kit" but I was in a perfectly valid position, the keep had flipped properly, other people were repairing, and it didn't matter how I moved around. I could use skills and stuff too so it wasn't that I was lagging out either. I hadn't had any issues until yesterday either.

Sometimes a simple thing like repairing a wall quickly is the difference between getting massacred and holding out long enough for reinforcements to arrive and turn the tide. Aside from being awful for dedicated PvPers, Midyear Mayhem is a time when a lot of PvEers are tentatively dabbling in PvP, and running into all these issues doesn't really encourage them to make it a bigger part of their content rotation, which sucks for the community as a whole.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Emphasis mine.

Yep, if you want to get specific Dremora motif chapters, you have to complete arenas and trials.

Which forces PVPers into PVE content.