The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Share a Wholesome moment from MYM

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
With all the negativity in the forums (including from myself, sorry about that) I felt like it may be best to have a spot of happiness and drama free discussion!

So, what's a nice/happy/wholesome thing that happened to you during your time playing in the Midyear mayhem event? Bonus points if it involves another player but doesn't have to.

Mine is merely from last night, when I was trying to do a scouting report. My faction had NO keeps, not ONE, so I had to ride for so long on a wolf with no rapids and like 8 points into speed. It was... slow. I didn't mind it much though, until I saw a player of another faction.

I don't really do PVP, I mean I sometimes do battlegrounds, but generally in Cryo or IC I only defend, not attack. I am mostly a PVEer so I was pretty much screwed if this person was even half decent. I kinda panicked and tried to steer away from him but we were steering around at the same time and I was accidentally heading TOWARDS him which probably looked hella bad. But in the end we didn't end up fighting at all, the other player just carried on his way.
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried making myself some pvp gear, didn't work out that well, and joining in some pvp. I asked around for a group for a couple of hours while kind of showing up at keeps already under attack or flipping resources by myself, but nobody would invite me.

I decided that I wasn't gonna let that bring me down and instead gathered up all the people who had been lfg for a long time too. I explained to the people that I invited the situation, and they tried to cheer me up and none of them left group even though I was a totally inexperienced crown. We had some fun going around to different keeps and resources and taking them down. They all followed me around like I was a regular crown and never teased me when I got frustrated or nuked. I even had some of them elitists players come in to leech from my successful keep capture for a change. Which felt kinda nice. I had a small group of people but they were very kind to me and totally made up for the groups who had no time for an inexperienced pvp'er.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 31, 2021 6:20PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I let a cute little level 20 EP live when he popped out of my faction's sewer grate when I was heading back to base. He must have been lost or something and I just couldn't bring myself to do it as he just froze there when he saw me.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Soriana
    Soriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was freeing people for the quest when I saw what appeared to be a single AD player working on the same quest. Did the greet emote to each other and started to go our merry ways...until their friends showed up, all 10 of them, and decided to greet me another way! LOL
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I was farming the crossed-swords sewer bosses in my alliance's section of the sewers after having grabbed my 3 tickets and finishing all 6 district dailies. I was fighting General Zamachar by myself and had him down to maybe 10% health when an AD player came in. Oh great, I thought, they're going to kill me, take half of my Tel Var, then finish off the boss. But they helped me finish off the boss and left me alone as I turned and ran off to head for Otholug gro-Goldfolly. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After my PvE elf stood up and finished her scouting report today, she was spotted and attacked by an enemy player. Being a pure and proud PvE'er, she stowed her weapon and simply stood there waiting to be killed. She noticed the other player had plenty of PvP rank, was staying at range and throwing spells that actually did very little damage. Then she noticed the enemy player had 80k HP! She figured he must be one of those PvP unkillable but weak hitting tanks. Since her health was still quite manageable (she's used to getting stunned to her knees and killed in 3 seconds by PvPers), she decided to sprint away. She dropped briefly from sprint to run a couple times to self heal but eventually the enemy gave up and she got home safely.

As I said, that is the first time another player has caught her and not killed her in like 3 seconds. Who knew?
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on January 31, 2021 6:47PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • phuein
    phuein
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to join Cyro. 66 queue. Wait 30 minutes. 50 queue. Close ESO. A game I paid for and can't actually play.
    Author of beloved and rejuvenated addons:

ShowMount           • PvP FPS 2018

Notebook 2018         • Junkee 2018

BestFriends 2018      • New Addon

Target Dummy Tools   • Guild Rank Colors
  • KovalskyNestor
    KovalskyNestor
    ✭✭✭
    We were doing bosses in sewers (there were two of us) and we had to wait few mins before boss respawned. While running around the room we randomly encountered a player from other faction hiding. We didn't attack each other because we all figured it was kinda pointless. After killing the boss we just went our separate ways :)
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After my PvE elf stood up and finished her scouting report today, she was spotted and attacked by an enemy player. Being a pure and proud PvE'er, she stowed her weapon and simply stood there waiting to be killed. She noticed the other player had plenty of PvP rank, was staying at range and throwing spells that actually did very little damage. Then she noticed the enemy player had 80k HP! She figured he must be one of those PvP unkillable but weak hitting tanks. Since her health was still quite manageable (she's used to getting stunned to her knees and killed in 3 seconds by PvPers), she decided to sprint away. She dropped briefly from sprint to run a couple times to self heal but eventually the enemy gave up and she got home safely.

As I said, that is the first time another player has caught her and not killed her in like 3 seconds. Who knew?

Wow I have never seen someone with anywhere near that much HP! I share the same sentiment though, I often don't even fight back haha, saves on my keyboard and mouse.
  • Pog_Mahone
    Pog_Mahone
    ✭✭
    I got tea bagged today... twice..
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pog_Mahone wrote: »

That's not very nice lol
  • Pog_Mahone
    Pog_Mahone
    ✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Pog_Mahone wrote: »

That's not very nice lol

np I used to cowardly stay behind my group with full pve gear. Totally deserved it XD
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imperial city. doing my best to avoid fights and just do quests with mixed success, but honestly I'm not even mad, I had years to get used to the madness. The only thing that annoys me at this point is that bug where you click on ladder, only to get the message that you are already queued up for this campaign. over. and over. and over again... but I digress.

While avoiding a skirmish, ride straight into 2 players of another faction. take a deep breath and prepare to die, but still try to make it to my objective just in case, so that I have some progress made when I come back. turns out that they were riding to the same objective, and so we all clicked on it, and went on our way.

it was... nice.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have another one.

So I killed a Templar in the Imperial City and he messaged me back about how "unskilled" I was for using Zaans and how I crutched on my proc sets. I usually ignore such people but I decided to strike up a conversation and it didn't go how I thought it would. I ended telling him he should be glad I didn't use Fossilize ((Was using Stupefy at the time)) and went on to tell him about my build. Zaans was the only proc set I had, and I didn't use Malacath either.

So the conversation ended up shifting from one starting off as a rage tell to ending up with two people talking about the state of the game, how we try not to sell our souls to the meta, and what was coming in the future. He had not seen the live stream and didn't know of the CP rework, the upcoming Cyrodiil test where procs are turned off, and how ZOS was dedicating the year to performance.

We parted on good terms and went our separate ways, and he apologized for the harsh words that started the whole conversation.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went down the wrong sewer entrance. The first player I ran into was not an enemy, but an ally. Got a group invite, and we proceeded to roll a bunch of bosses and I got some leads for things I thought I would never, ever obtain.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Went into Blackreach on the first day (not quite pop-locked yet) to turn in a quest I'd stupidly done in Bruma on a level 23 yellow nightblade. Rode all the way to Bruma (blue on the map) on my slow horse and found it was absolutely SEETHING with blues. I hid outside the place to turn in the quest until I was sure there were no blues going in and out.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

Went through the door spamming cloak. "Huh, why is there an enemy outlined in red directly oppos--OH SHOOT IT'S A BLUE." Yeet myself into the main part still spamming cloak and hoping I can get the quest turned in before they see me. The main part has about 2 or three MORE blues in. I am absolutely sure I have broken cloak at least once, surely someone saw my yellow shield flash up?? Maybe they're ALL AFK. Manage to turn in the quest and scoot upstairs where I stealth behind a bookcase. Very high adrenaline.

Log out, hoping next time I have to log in on that toon that the campaign will have shunted me back to overland (it did). :D

I'm absolutely leaving the second Bruma quest for turn it until last because I PvP on other toons so hopefully I will have completed enough other dailies to not worry about it hahaha