The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Anyone have instructions for splitting pts on to different hardrive?

Starlight_Whisper
Starlight_Whisper
✭✭✭✭✭
Say you have to or more internal drives
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not possible as far as I'm aware. I have the PTS installed on an old laptop, because I don't have enough room for both on my SD and it doesn't let you install in another location like my hd drive.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you need to do is download (or move) the installer onto your other SSD/HDD, and choose whatever install path you want. Once that's done, just click the gear in the top right corner of the launcher window and check the box for "Show Public Test Environment" and you'll be able to download the PTS.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    All you need to do is download (or move) the installer onto your other SSD/HDD, and choose whatever install path you want. Once that's done, just click the gear in the top right corner of the launcher window and check the box for "Show Public Test Environment" and you'll be able to download the PTS.

I just learned this too 😂 after Google searching for a bit 👍
  • skulltape
    skulltape
    Soul Shriven
    I think what you really need is this.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

You would need to create a symbolic link from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online PTS" to the new location on your other drive. I haven't tried this, but I'm betting it will do what you need (ie work and still be updatable from the launcher). If you move the folder directly, the launcher will not see it and try to redownload it -- also it would never get updated from one patch to another. The symbolic link fixes this issue.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    skulltape wrote: »

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

You would need to create a symbolic link from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online PTS" to the new location on your other drive. I haven't tried this, but I'm betting it will do what you need (ie work and still be updatable from the launcher). If you move the folder directly, the launcher will not see it and try to redownload it -- also it would never get updated from one patch to another. The symbolic link fixes this issue.

This is a bit much, it's just like wheem said, you simply need to have the launcher on the other drive and then download the pts from there.
  • skulltape
    skulltape
    Soul Shriven
    It's actually a lot easier to do it via symbolic link. Copy the files over, then create a hard symbolic link. Easy peasy. Then you don't have two launchers. Whatever is easier for you....
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »

This is a bit much, it's just like wheem said, you simply need to have the launcher on the other drive and then download the pts from there.

I just did it, took 5 secs.

Find launch folder
    Copy it to desired Install location
    Download PTS 👍
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have had trouble doing this with steam. I doesn't seem to load up. I assume because it uses your login credentials through steam. Does anyone know a fix/workaround for this?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had trouble doing this with steam. I doesn't seem to load up. I assume because it uses your login credentials through steam. Does anyone know a fix/workaround for this?
    I don't use Steam for ESO, but I thought you could bypass it and just run the ESO launcher instead? If that's normally accurate, but it doesn't work when running the launcher from your second drive, perhaps creating a second Steam install on that drive would fix the problem (would just need Steam itself installed, not anything else from your game library).
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually a lot easier to do it via symbolic link. Copy the files over, then create a hard symbolic link. Easy peasy. Then you don't have two launchers. Whatever is easier for you....

Thank you for both answers
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ended up just installing another launcher on the SDD where I had moved the files. Then created a shortcut of pts launcher with a different name.

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use Steam for ESO, but I thought you could bypass it and just run the ESO launcher instead? If that's normally accurate, but it doesn't work when running the launcher from your second drive, perhaps creating a second Steam install on that drive would fix the problem (would just need Steam itself installed, not anything else from your game library).

Unfortunately not. If you just use the launcher it starts steam in the background and it automatically logs you into eso via steam. I was unable to get it to work from another drive even with a symbolic link. I have just gone back to testing PTS on my old laptop 👍
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately not. If you just use the launcher it starts steam in the background and it automatically logs you into eso via steam. I was unable to get it to work from another drive even with a symbolic link. I have just gone back to testing PTS on my old laptop 👍
    Can you install ESO through Steam? I know it's possible to choose an install location on any available drive for other Steam games, so installing ESO that way might help?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Can you install ESO through Steam? I know it's possible to choose an install location on any available drive for other Steam games, so installing ESO that way might help?

To do that I would probably have to install steam on my second drive and install ESO that way. That would probably work, but it is a lot 😂

The issue I have is I have ESO installed through steam on my SSD. I tried to install the PTS on my HDD as there isn't room for both on my SSD. I can install it and create a symbolic link from my launcher to where the PTS is installed. When it loads though it just freezes and crashes. I assume as normally steam uses your login credentials from the file location stated within steam itself. If I install steam again on my HDD and use the new file location it may work.

I might try again another day, as I spent a while wrestling with it yesterday and as I said I do have it on my old laptop. I appreciate the help though man 👍😁
    Edited by relentless_turnip on January 31, 2021 11:04AM