The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS won't launch

RDMyers65b14_ESO
RDMyers65b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I have updated it, repaired it and even re-downloaded the PTS and it goes to a blank screen and refuses to launch. I have no problem getting on the live server, but I can't get the PTS to launch at all.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will point out that I have been on the PTS many times before. I had to factory reset my pc about a month ago. It was a very fresh download before the patch and after I wasn't able to get it to work, I repaired the PTS and when that didn't work, I completely deleted the PTS and re-downloaded it. Live server works. It is only the PTS that is experiencing the problem.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @RDMyers65b14_ESO

Here are a few additional things you can try if you are having issues getting the PTS to work properly.
    1. Backup and Delete local save files:
      • Go to: C:\Users\user.name\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\pts\SavedVariables (default location).
      • If there is anything in there, delete the files.
    2. Remove any Add-ons you may have, run a repair in the game launcher, and then try again.
    3. If you did not add the entire Zenimax Online folder to your firewall or antivirus exceptions, please be sure to go back and add the PTS folder and files.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post