The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Did They Ever Reverse The Elf Stealth Nerf?

Jeremiah12LGeek
Jeremiah12LGeek
✭✭✭
I stopped playing when they eliminated the passive stealth bonus for Wood Elves, as both my characters were elves.

I don't expect they ever changed it back, but I thought I'd ask, just in case.

Best Answer

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.

Hence my Khajit thief's cat-appropriate name: Grumpy Ex Wood Elf.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on January 23, 2021 3:55PM
    Answer ✓
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, no.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Jeremiah12LGeek
    Jeremiah12LGeek
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    As far as I know, no.

Well, poop.

I mean, I knew it probably wasn't going to happen, but yet I'm still disappointed.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped playing when they eliminated the passive stealth bonus for Wood Elves, as both my characters were elves.

I don't expect they ever changed it back, but I thought I'd ask, just in case.

Nope. And they never introduced the awesome new stealth avenues they used as the excuse for doing so either.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, lore is still corrupted. Quest dialogues still haven't been changed to reflect the new lore, either. And my Bosmer has earned tens of millions of AP without ever seeing any benefit from the broken passive stealth detection.

Edited by Jaraal on January 24, 2021 4:59AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and they locked or deleted every thread and every subsequent thread about it, more than likely hoping if they stuck their heads in the sand, people would just forget about it.

As mentioned above, still waiting for these alternative options of stealth that would be "open to everyone" apparently.
    Just more B.S.
    My poor Bosmer are still stagnating in my char vault and I've lost the majority of interest in the game, because my playstyle has been spoiled by that.
    EU / NA / PC
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Nope, lore is still corrupted. Quest dialogues still haven't been changed to reflect the new lore, either. And my Bosmer has earned tens of millions of AP without ever seeing any benefit from the broken passive stealth detection.

Nah, I see that other way. Player character is not representing the whole bosmer race and we know, that every nationality has a lot of people being different. Therefore the lore is not corrupted, bosmers are still best stealth race, only you, the individual, are different.

Anyway, I wish they give bosmers stealth bonus back too just my reasons are different.
    Edited by Scardan on January 24, 2021 9:16AM
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »

Nah, I see that other way. Player character is not representing the whole bosmer race and we know, that every nationality has a lot of people being different. Therefore the lore is not corrupted, bosmers are still best stealth race, only you, the individual, are different.

Hmmm. So I (the million+ ESO Bosmer players) am different from the tens or hundreds of millions of Bosmer players in Elder Scrolls games over the past 20 years? I don't think I follow you. The Bosmer lore says that Y'ffre made us all stealthy wood folk, with traditions such as the Right of Theft that require inherent stealth (notice it's not called The Right of Armed Robbery, or the Right of Being a Sentry in Cyrodiil or anything like that).

No, my Bosmer was excellent at stealth, and a master thief and a master hunter when I created him years ago. And I created him because of those inherent characteristics, not in spite of them. My guy didn't fall out of a tree one day, bonk his head, and wake up wanting to be some clumsy watchdog sentry in the Alliance War. It doesn't work like that. You are giving me a role play option I neither asked for nor am willing to accept.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly think they won’t revert/fix anything race related at this point, but who knows what Tuesday will bring.

Right now eso has a very “winding down” and “phoneing-it-in” aura around it.
    Edited by BlueRaven on January 24, 2021 12:45PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »

Anyway, I wish they give bosmers stealth bonus back too just my reasons are different.

In that case they shouldn't call it "racial passives" but something along the lines of "individual passives". They are setting the wrong expectations.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. So I (the million+ ESO Bosmer players) am different from the tens or hundreds of millions of Bosmer players in Elder Scrolls games over the past 20 years? I don't think I follow you. The Bosmer lore says that Y'ffre made us all stealthy wood folk, with traditions such as the Right of Theft that require inherent stealth (notice it's not called The Right of Armed Robbery, or the Right of Being a Sentry in Cyrodiil or anything like that).

No, my Bosmer was excellent at stealth, and a master thief and a master hunter when I created him years ago. And I created him because of those inherent characteristics, not in spite of them. My guy didn't fall out of a tree one day, bonk his head, and wake up wanting to be some clumsy watchdog sentry in the Alliance War. It doesn't work like that. You are giving me a role play option I neither asked for nor am willing to accept.

All these millions of players do not count, because the story of the game revolves around each individual. As if you were alone. So you're the kind of Bosmer who preferred to hunt down their prey instead of playing hide and seek. You can disagree, I do not pretend to be objective right. That's just how I look at the whole situation.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    In that case they shouldn't call it "racial passives" but something along the lines of "individual passives". They are setting the wrong expectations.

Yes, kinda.