The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much do you parse now?

Viewsfrom6ix
Viewsfrom6ix
✭✭✭✭✭
How much do you guys parse now on the trial dummy with the additional debuffs in Markarth?

Feel free to mention the exact number and your build if you like.
Edited by Viewsfrom6ix on January 23, 2021 3:40PM

How much do you parse now? 187 votes

<30k
19%
vailjohn_ESOadriant1978SheridanBeaksterLumsdenmlGracousSmitch_59ArchMikemLocksheonLadyHeloiseAcadianPaladinIrfindGrimlok_Scoop500DT-ARRCatagamiZabagadAVaelhamghastleyTharonil 36 votes
30-40k
5%
GlassHalfFullJaxious79DTStormfoxVDoom1mocapJayrooUvi_AUTShadow_CHKovalskyNestorashadris 10 votes
40-50k
2%
Squeaky_CleanRackdanielsBXR_LonestarKnockmakerFruitBatVampire 5 votes
50-60k
10%
MagdalinaYukon2112Loralai_907KwoungVevvevSandman929RatzkifalNarvuntienJierdanitgraybeardIISchokoladeRaideennotyuuspartaxoxoyeeyCanperial35SylaePaddyVuJord_Joe 19 votes
60-70k
6%
TaffyIXJames-WayneZer0_CooLwandererwindMikeSkyrim333Seminolegirl1992karekizParadisiustuxontsaescishoeshinerzo6zo6Grandchamp1989 12 votes
70-80k
12%
MalaVrazicathomas1970b16_ESOmagnusthorekXuhoramoleculehexnoticKaspymeekmikoUrbanMonkLordSarevokamir412AmarthiulGhostrunner24Nord_RaseriJellySunsetGregatonyblackGOAT4EVARMajkiyTalsgarTheWanderer 23 votes
80-90k
14%
jammymacsterb16_ESOmanny254preeviousHoushikiINHUMANENATIONLadyNalcaryaSinolaiheavenelvablkjagLehnuinMauinrenneGulnagelcrysis992BatgirlKaartinenRecapitatedkmkastlgatekeeper13nukk3r 28 votes
90-100k
13%
NukeAllTheThingsDrayzonC0L0SSUSpod88kkMindcr0wMassive_StainRunefangOlupajmibananCamb0Sl1ceTrapasaurus_RexChaos2088colossalvoidsJeirnoOdovacarZyvaburty61zvaviUntilValhalla13Ivysaur342caperb 25 votes
100-110k
13%
CyberOnEsofioskalmertustaJacozillaRaikikiOreyn_BearclawEedatMalmerElwendryllQuethrosarSparr0wIkiThePedgeFangOfTheTwoMoonspdeb360TochTomCrashTestSnaggelSpawniaqCuChulainn91 26 votes
>110k
1%
GigasaxVinterdvalaWrathOfInnos 3 votes
  • Renegader
    Renegader
    ✭✭✭
    <30k
    im a pvper. 20k dps on dummy i think its fair
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    70-80k
    My nord sorc sits at 79k(up to 82 but not always. No lag times I guess). My stamplar is at 83k(using deadly, not AY). Ps4.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <30k
    Tanks never parse high.
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100-110k
    My highest parse is on stamplar which is kinda cheating tbh. On stamplar my highest parse is 104k. On my magsorc and stamnecro I'm around the 90k mark. I havent seriously tried to parse with other classes recently.

RG8OwGr.png
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <30k
    The highest I've ever managed was I think 36k on my Stamblade. 32k on my Sorc. That's when I was actually trying. My typical parse on my every day builds are usually at or slightly above 25k, which I believe is just fine for the game.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <30k
    I don't "parse" - and this was the closest to "not applicable or doesn't give a darned."
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't know, don't care. This obsession with dps parses turned me away from grouping long ago.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50-60k
    Used to be >70K but then zos "fixed" light attacks and my weaving has gone from
    la > skill > la > skill > la > skill > bar swap...ect
    to
    la > skill > skill > skill > bar swap > 6 light attack animations fire off in the space of 2 seconds locking out controls, but only 1 la does any damage > skill > la > skill > la > la > skill > skill > bar swap > repeat...
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <30k
    I play in no cp :/
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50-60k
    About 60k is the peak I've been able to hit when I'm doing everything I can to deal damage on my magDK against a trial dummy. Funny enough I get the same DPS on my PVP build against the dummy when using Blood for Blood and Sated Fury mixed with Engulfing Flames and Burning Embers.
    Feel like the only reason I'm not getting much higher is my rotation, ability/set choices, and my PVP focused mindset.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <30k
    Starlock wrote: »
    I don't "parse" - and this was the closest to "not applicable or doesn't give a darned."

^^^ This.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    26k on a 3m dummy last time i did check last spring
    I have no idea how it translate on the raid dummy
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on January 23, 2021 10:33PM
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont parse anymore. Too much lag and skills dont fire and get stuck mid parse
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    50-60k
    I don't parse on a raid target dummy. I use the Precursor factotum, but I only really use it to gauge the differences in gear for testing.

I don't understand the importance of parsing on a target dummy for pure DPS, because that does not translate into how well you perform in trial or dungeon setting.
  • CuChulainn91
    100-110k
    Raideen wrote: »
    I don't understand the importance of parsing on a target dummy for pure DPS, because that does not translate into how well you perform in trial or dungeon setting.

Raid dummy has just become the benchmark for comparing parses, and the buffs it gives are more comparable to what you would see in a raid. Tbh you could use the 3mil one for comparing, but you'd need for Everyone to use it for comparing parses and such
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100-110k
    notyuu wrote: »
    Used to be >70K but then zos "fixed" light attacks and my weaving has gone from
    la > skill > la > skill > la > skill > bar swap...ect
    to
    la > skill > skill > skill > bar swap > 6 light attack animations fire off in the space of 2 seconds locking out controls, but only 1 la does any damage > skill > la > skill > la > la > skill > skill > bar swap > repeat...

You are inputting too fast. Thats what happens when you input too many skills and la's in not enough time. There is a max of one skill per second you can input with a la weaved between them. Any faster than once per second and what you describe happens
  • Jaxious79
    Jaxious79
    ✭✭✭✭
    30-40k
    So I always hear about people getting 100k on dummy. What do they get in dungeons? When I queue for random even at 20-25k on the boss I am always around 40-49% of the boss damage.

If people parse 100k on a dummy what are they actually doing during a real fight?
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where's the option for "I don't parse because it doesn't actually matter"?
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    <30k
    Everstorm wrote: »
    Don't know, don't care. This obsession with dps parses turned me away from grouping long ago.

I quit the game for 2 years because of it lol.

People get too obsessed over numbers.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea how to even check.
    PCNA
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaxious79 wrote: »
    So I always hear about people getting 100k on dummy. What do they get in dungeons? When I queue for random even at 20-25k on the boss I am always around 40-49% of the boss damage.

If people parse 100k on a dummy what are they actually doing during a real fight?

That depends what buffs you get from other group members. It can vary greatly. Some pug tanks dont even give major breach and I'm not even talk about support sets lol. Same goes for healers. If they just stand there and dont even use combat prayer, no spc or olo, then you lose alot of dps.
    Also it depends on what fight it is. Very few you can just stand still and parse. Most dungeon bosses have mechanics to deal with. It all brings dps down.
    21 mil dummy is just for comparison purposes and gives people some benchmark what they could achieve in ideal circumstance.

I parse 90k but in actual dungeons with pugs and fights with no crazy mechanics I pull around 40k.
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    70-80k

I suppose it depends on the group. Is the healer proper? Is he buffing the dps and dropping synergies like the raid dummy does? Is the tank real and the boss is not running around hitting everyone else?

Also Reality is I don’t think anyone expects someone to parse 100k and then turn around and do that much damage in actual fight. But if you have your rotation memorized well enough to be able to put out that on a dummy, you will probably be within 80% of that even if adds/bosses are running around like crazy. Now if you parse on raid dummy 40k, and then in reality it becomes 30k or even 10-20k because there is no healer buffing you or no one throwing orbs/shards for resources like the dummy did for you and you end up needing to heavy attack to get those back instead of continuing your rotation....

The thing is too....pretty much anything can be done even if dps people are only doing 20k ea. It just takes way longer. The biggest challenge is people doing 5k because they either spam only 1-2 skills or light attacks. And people who play this game for fun only...they aren’t gonna parse. Parsing is ultimately utterly boring 🤷‍♂️. But necessary for hardcore part of the game. E.g. when fun stops and ... job begins 😊
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <30k
    coop500 wrote: »
    Everstorm wrote: »

I quit the game for 2 years because of it lol.

People get too obsessed over numbers.

Some are, some aren't - depends on one's gameplay priorities. It seems the folks around here are disproportionately concerned with it compared to random players I've done dungeons with. I primarily tank in group content - a decision I made in part because of some folks' obsession with numbers, in part because I usually use group finder and the queue is instant for tank, and in part because I just prefer support roles in games in general. Of the two support roles, I like tanking better than healing. I suspect that's partly because there are way, way more tanking sets in the game that are fun to experiment with.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    80-90k

It depends on a group you're with, fight conditions and your skill as a player. I do 82k on a trial dummy with my main stamblade. I do 42k on a 3 mil dummy self buffed, but that's ideal conditions. In dungeons/trials my DPS jumps between 25k and 70k.
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    70-80k
    82k on my magden, and there’s definitely some room for improvement. a lot of people have varying opinions about parsing, but i find it to be an enjoyable test of one’s skill in a perfect scenario. i don’t get competitive with my dps because i normally do 40-60k in group content and plenty of my friends out parse me. before i learned to dps i mained heals for like 2 ish years, there’s not really a competitive bone in my body i just like to press buttons fast.
    Edited by hexnotic on January 24, 2021 3:09AM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <30k
    Currently Rping so my parse is like 400 :)
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100-110k
    Sju wrote: »
    Where's the option for "I don't parse because it doesn't actually matter"?

With a 104k parse in 4 man dungeons I can hit the low 60s. In a proper trial group I can get well into the 80s. Obviously depends on the fight though. Some bosses you can't stack and burn from 100 to 0. Some bosses you can.
    Edited by Eedat on January 24, 2021 4:06AM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    50-60k

Raid dummy has just become the benchmark for comparing parses, and the buffs it gives are more comparable to what you would see in a raid. Tbh you could use the 3mil one for comparing, but you'd need for Everyone to use it for comparing parses and such

But this still does not translate how well one will do in a trial or raid.
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100-110k

It's not about how well they do in a raid. It's about the willingness to improve. Unless you're trying to get into an ultra elite PvE guild, people love helping and giving advice to people who want it. Step one is a baseline damage check meaning you've put in enough effort to pull your weight. Then you go to step 2 which is open trial runs where you get practice applying that skill in real scenarios. After you've got the hang of that you go to step 3 which is a progression group where everyone is doing their best to improve. It's about clearing content more efficiently at this point and completing challenges.

The main thing people are looking for is effort until you get to real progression groups. People who don't want to put in effort to improve don't get a spot. Someone with a 70k parse with little trial experience but is actively trying to improve is going to get a spot over someone with a 40k parse who knows all the mechanics but absolutely refuses to improve for whatever reason. People can learn mechanics, but someone who is adamant about not changing isn't going to change.

When everyone is trying to do their best to improve to help the group move along, selfish players gets benched. People who are doing their best to improve to help everyone aren't going to want people that actively refuse to do so. Low DPS becomes a burden to everyone else. Longer fights means more mechanics that everyone has to deal with. More load on the tank, more load on the healers, more time wasted for everyone. That's what most people miss. When doing group content it's about the group, not an individual's preference.

But this is talking about harder endgame content though. You can get by with practically anything in normal dungeons and base game normal trials. Having a full trial group of 15k dps's is going to make everything drastically more difficult though. People who bash other's in random normals for numbers are jerks. There are definitely elitists who demand excellence in easy content. At the same time, on the other side of the spectrum there are incredibly selfish people who want to do group content but insist their individual experience/preference takes absolute priority over the other 11 people in the group.

It depends on where a player's priorities are. If you're content with normal dungeons then it doesn't really matter. If you want to get into difficult group content, it becomes less about the individual and more about the group.

(EDIT: just for clarity, I'm not specifically referring to you when I say "you" and "you're", but people with that mindset)
    Edited by Eedat on January 24, 2021 4:43AM
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90-100k

Think of it this way, university grades doesn't translate how well one will do in an actual job but why do companies care about it so much when hiring new grads or interns? Because it is a concrete baseline or measurement of well they know their subject matter and how studious they are.

Same thing applies to parses. They show how well someone knows their rotation and the effort they spent on learning it. If a trial leader had to pick between two DPS, one with 90k and other with 60k without any other information. Which one do you think he'll pick?

Parses are also used as a way to brag to your friends who also parse :smiley:
    Edited by Viewsfrom6ix on January 24, 2021 4:56AM