The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So when are werewolf haters going to learn to ignore 40k hp werewolves that hit like wet noodles.

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Seems like the real epidemic is an army of silly players who refuse to just ignore high hp werewolves that do no threatening level of damage and all they do all day is run around eating damage. Time to take a good long look in the mirror.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? No get gud? :p
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Come on, admit it. You’re all just jealous that we get access to just one skill bar, just one ultimate, have to actively manage a timer to stay in form, most of the gear sets in the game are trash for werewolves so build diversity sucks, that we suck at group support and synergy, etc etc etc etc.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing vampire and can handle most werewolves. Also played a ton of werewolf myself. If they killed me as werewolf then they would probably do the same without werewolf.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually only see them in IC.

Endless source of food.

Easy pickings for gankings.

And I usually only see them in groups.. so that "weak damage" is a total myth.

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't hit like noodles though.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    They don't hit like noodles though.

Those are the heavily laden proc set variants. Just get a good strong heal and there is nothing they can do about it except bring friends. They nerfed the Defile debuff so you're going to heal more than you used to against these mangy mutts.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Come on, admit it. You’re all just jealous that we get access to just one skill bar, just one ultimate, have to actively manage a timer to stay in form, most of the gear sets in the game are trash for werewolves so build diversity sucks, that we suck at group support and synergy, etc etc etc etc.

WW have some of the best group utility in the game....and when there is a group of them, ain’t stopping it.
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I join pvp to purposely not engage in pvp with people abusing the survivability cheese mechanics of a single skill line. Wow, how much fun... which is why it will be nerfed into the ground... too much fun for everyone... pls nerf.
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolfs aren't as game breaking OP as some people make them out to be. At the same time people who use werewolfs are just as biased the other way trying to pass them off as not that good to mediocre when they clearly are really good rn. They could use some minor nerfs. I'm gonna hard disagree with calling them "wet noodles". Thats just flat out false and a pretty blatant example of a hard bias.
    Edited by Eedat on January 23, 2021 7:11PM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eedat wrote: »
    Werewolfs aren't as game breaking OP as some people make them out to be. At the same time people who use werewolfs are just as biased the other way trying to pass them off as not that good to mediocre when they clearly are really good rn. They could use some minor nerfs. I'm gonna hard disagree with calling them "wet noodles". Thats just flat out false and a pretty blatant example of a hard bias.

A lot of them do have super low dmg
  • Nivinfarr
    Nivinfarr
    ✭✭✭
    The OPs name has me wondering...if a Khajiit becomes a Werewolf, don't they just chase themselves until they die?
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eedat wrote: »

A lot of them do have super low dmg

Most people in general have very low damage.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nivinfarr wrote: »
    The OPs name has me wondering...if a Khajiit becomes a Werewolf, don't they just chase themselves until they die?

Nah, in lore the animal spirit attached to their soul takes control, which is how they shape shift. They no longer are a cat but a wolf. Same could be said of the other strains of skinchangers like wereboars, werelions, werecrocodiles, and weresharks.
  • Augustus67
    Augustus67
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest problem with WW is the never ending transformation. Limit it to 90 secs and not one single WW will ever be seen again.
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ties into a bigger problem in ESO which is that some builds are just too tanky. There should NEVER be a scenario in the game where a full damage build cannot kill a player and is forced to just ignore them. What is the point of PvP if you can make a build where death is optional? Not doing damage is not a good reason for a build to be unkillable. Leaving a player alive allows them to rez another player, siege, and play objectives in BGs. The result is the terrible 40k+ health meta that we see now. Players realize that they don't have to do damage in order to win, they can just survive till others arrive or find other ways to be useful. So no, "ignoring them" is not a good option because it only encourages those who are afraid of combat to build this way.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Augustus67 wrote: »
    The biggest problem with WW is the never ending transformation. Limit it to 90 secs and not one single WW will ever be seen again.

You say that like it's a good thing. Why would you want to completely kill a play style?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

You say that like it's a good thing. Why would you want to completely kill a play style?

It's the only way he can defeat it?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamicka wrote: »
    This ties into a bigger problem in ESO which is that some builds are just too tanky. There should NEVER be a scenario in the game where a full damage build cannot kill a player and is forced to just ignore them. What is the point of PvP if you can make a build where death is optional? Not doing damage is not a good reason for a build to be unkillable. Leaving a player alive allows them to rez another player, siege, and play objectives in BGs. The result is the terrible 40k+ health meta that we see now. Players realize that they don't have to do damage in order to win, they can just survive till others arrive or find other ways to be useful. So no, "ignoring them" is not a good option because it only encourages those who are afraid of combat to build this way.

I wholly disagree.

Giving up all your damage to achieve a strong defense absolutely is a good reason for a full damage build not be able to kill you. Otherwise tanks are pointless in PvP and everyone should just go offensive. The whole purpose of a tank is to be able to counter the damage of other players, and if they can't even accomplish that - from a single player no less - then they are worthless. So I'll never understand this argument that being able to stalemate another player is somehow "OP" when that is literally the only thing that makes a defensive build viable.

Though in reality your wish is already granted. Just equip Night Slayer and go full damage you will be able to kill any character that is 100% defense you want.
    Edited by Jeremy on January 23, 2021 9:36PM
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A well built solo WW is strong but balanced. But when they roll in a tight group and focus people while spamming AOE stuns even low damage tank builds seem OP.
    However I just think that's the dynamics of this patch with the nerfs to defensive buffs like major protection and lack of cross healing: any group can build for max survivability and then just needs to stay tight and focus people down one by one between ulti dumps to be OP no matter what class/subclass they're using.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He says that but werewolf doesn't actually add more health to the health pool unlike the vampire and necromancer transformations. Target is going to be just as tanky as they are when they leave the form, and then they'll just sit there with something like a sword and shield holding block till they get enough ult to wolf back up. If he's unlucky the werewolf player might know how to fight normally as well, and the poison weakness they have no longer applies in their mortal form. They could also have speed boost abilities applied and be able to kite just as easily as they could have as a wolf.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theyre unkillable, thats the problem. Get enough of them in a group and theyre unkillable and they can do decent damage.

Imagine unironically thinking that they arent a problem.
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    The same mentality can apply to unkillable tanks. You see some schmuck running circles around a rock with their proc sets? Just walk away. Proc set crutches make it worse. Just don't give them the time of day.
    Edited by ClawOfTheTwoMoons on January 23, 2021 10:21PM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    Theyre unkillable, thats the problem. Get enough of them in a group and theyre unkillable and they can do decent damage.

Imagine unironically thinking that they arent a problem.

Funny.. I see them dead all the time
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

He says that but werewolf doesn't actually add more health to the health pool unlike the vampire and necromancer transformations. Target is going to be just as tanky as they are when they leave the form

Screenshot_20210124-034847.png
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol, in this OP, sounds like some of them could kill current meta WW easily :D

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Vevvev wrote: »

He says that but werewolf doesn't actually add more health to the health pool unlike the vampire and necromancer transformations. Target is going to be just as tanky as they are when they leave the form
    Screenshot_20210124-034847.png

So effectively half the value of a skill that gives you major resolve. That's only a 6% increase in damage resistance. Werewolves cannot get the major resolve buff from their own kit and that buff applies 5,948 spell and physical resistance. That's only a 4,052 increase over what they would have over being mortal.

Also we're not even considering the werewolf's damage resistance before going into the form. If they built tanky with heavy armor they could go past the ingame effective resistance limit of 33k (50%) and part of that is wasted unless their foe is using resistance reducing abilities and high penetration.
    Edited by Vevvev on January 24, 2021 3:46AM
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...the thing about high-hp, low-damage werewolves? There's usually more than one of them. However even a single high-hp, low-damage werewolf is capable of massive disruption by itself. So you either have a pack of unkillables that pile on damage or a massive distraction diverting you from the real threats.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run across werewolves all the time. I kill all of them and only die to them if I’m over extended and don’t have resources to break free. They barely ever hit me for much. If there’s more than one, then I kite and go fight something else. If I have a teammate with me, then I fight the werewolves. I actually enjoy coming across tanks. I just heavy attack them for resources and then go target something that isn’t built to just heal.

Who else wants some more PvP tips?

[snip] There’s a ton of ways to counter wolves.

1. Snare and immobilize them death. They have no cc immunity skills.

2. Werewolves who run tank setups do low damage. Ignore them and kill them last.

3. Werewolves that do high damage are squishy. Target them first, lock them down, and wait for them to run out of magicka after 2-3 self heals. Easy pickings.

4. Build for speed. There’s a 2 second cooldown between pounces. A werewolf can not stay on you if you keep creating distance and attack from different angles.

5. Stop dying to crimson. Proc it from range by hitting users of it from range. Then you have a 8 second window where they are wearing a set that useless.

What else... I can go on and on.

[Edited to remove Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on January 24, 2021 2:23PM
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    I run across werewolves all the time. I kill all of them and only die to them if I’m over extended and don’t have resources to break free. They barely ever hit me for much. If there’s more than one, then I kite and go fight something else. If I have a teammate with me, then I fight the werewolves. I actually enjoy coming across tanks. I just heavy attack them for resources and then go target something that isn’t built to just heal.

Who else wants some more PvP tips?

[snip] There’s a ton of ways to counter wolves.

1. Snare and immobilize them death. They have no cc immunity skills.

2. Werewolves who run tank setups do low damage. Ignore them and kill them last.

3. Werewolves that do high damage are squishy. Target them first, lock them down, and wait for them to run out of magicka after 2-3 self heals. Easy pickings.

4. Build for speed. There’s a 2 second cooldown between pounces. A werewolf can not stay on you if you keep creating distance and attack from different angles.

5. Stop dying to crimson. Proc it from range by hitting users of it from range. Then you have a 8 second window where they are wearing a set that useless.

What else... I can go on and on.

Thank you for this list! It's really not hard.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on January 24, 2021 2:24PM
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolves only have low damage in comparison, because their passives encourage them to build for pure bulk to be near undefeatable. Considering how tanky they are, they actually have palpable damage.

Werewolves have the potential to be one of the most damaging specs. They have by far the strongest spammable ability in the game and crazy damage modifiers. Especially the Berserker morph.

They definately need their tankiness reduced a bit.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.