The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I'm tired to be carried by procs on my magdk

UntouchableHunter
UntouchableHunter
✭✭✭✭
When ZOS will do something for Magdk? No burst, our heals are trash, no mobility. Magdk is good for pve but for pvp without grodthar, overwhelming, crimson, Elf Bane, skoria, malacath is the worst class to play.
Edited by UntouchableHunter on February 6, 2021 4:10AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wut about Draugrkin?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wut about Draugrkin?

Yes is another proc set.

Magdk are not viable to play with base sets.
    I have all this sets I tried everything, I watch the magdk streamers and the bests ones return to procs.

They are trying everything but magdk is in a bad spot right now unfortunately.

I don't care to be the worst class or one of the worst classes, the problem it is the gap so huge now that made try Stamdk and the difference is crazy. And don't need one proc set at all with Stam dk
    Edited by UntouchableHunter on January 22, 2021 6:42PM
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mageblade says hello.
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    I've been running a light armor non proc magdk this patch and I've been wrecking kids. Tried the overwhelming/elf bane/grothdar/malacath heavy armor cheese when the patch first dropped, it's strong no doubt, and in a coordinated group its downright unfair, but I hated the playstyle.
    I'm running BSW front bar, armor master sword and board back bar, 1 piece trainee, ring of the pale order. Monster set, Balorgh or grothdarr depending on the day. Lots of sturdy, infused jewelry, charged front bar for sustain.
    It's not meta, but 4.5k spell dmg (w/o Balorgh), cap resistances, 35k mag, 28k hp is a tough build in any patch.
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    When ZOS will do something for Magdk? No burst, our heals are trash, no mobility. Magdk is good for pve but for pvp without grodthar, overwhelming, crimson, Elf Bane, skoria, malacath is the worst class to play.

Another week in 2021 with the same Procs et problem...
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Magdk, you guys have always had low critical chance so using Malacaths band or even elf bane, just makes sense from a damaged boosting perspective.
    Yes, I agree with you those things are being used to buff proc set damage for an easy I-win-button making gameplay stale & horrible.
    But as someone already stated, take a look at magblade, same boat, if we aren’t using flame blossom, calurions, or some other proc garbage every X seconds, if I stand there casting concealed or swallow soul & you cast whip while keeping igneous & dragon blood up; you’re likely going to beat me; but at least I would call that “more of a fair fight” that we used to have.

The fact that as a magblade I’m getting better (higher & more consistent) damage by having malacaths band rather than being successful with my ~50% crit chance & almost all crit damage modifiers in game is a complete bastardization of the class!
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wut about Draugrkin?

Not relyable in a PvP environment with many enemies and purge.
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    Wut about Draugrkin?

Great for duels, crap for 1vsx situations.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka in general need buffing.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag needs a weapon skill line with an execute.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    Magicka in general need buffing.

Health needs a hard cap so that the reward of landing a well timer burst combo becomes the PvP goal and actually earns kills again, the hardest hitting magica burst combo isn’t doing much to 40 k health shimmering shield stamden with crimson that is built for pure survival.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Health needs a hard cap so that the reward of landing a well timer burst combo becomes the PvP goal and actually earns kills again, the hardest hitting magica burst combo isn’t doing much to 40 k health shimmering shield stamden with crimson that is built for pure survival.

It's for sure not crimson and shimmering, that makes it hit hard!

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheese and more cheese...as an average player I feel I need to swim in cheese if I want a chance to actually survive and do reasonably well with a non OP class.

I met a few hard hitting MagDk in the last few months and the combination seem the same/similar...pick and mix between Groth, Overwhelming, Elf Bane, Crimson, Draug and even some Obliovion Foe. Malacath and heavy seem a must and yet no way near as strong as wardens and/or necros.

On the plus side...maybe more variety than in the past in terms of sets
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Wait till june my dude. When the stamina and magika stats get more unified you'll be plenty OP.
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stahlor wrote: »

Or any magicka weapon choice that doesn't suck. That'd be great.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade says hello who needs proc sets just to be somewhat playable.... oh and also magnecro who has had a useless blastbones morph for over a year now
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magblade says hello who needs proc sets just to be somewhat playable.... oh and also magnecro who has had a useless blastbones morph for over a year now

At least magblade has a execute 😢
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stahlor wrote: »

I would say magdk needs one, but if ZOS put the execute in a weapon skill line I will pick for sure.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

Wait till june my dude. When the stamina and magika stats get more unified you'll be plenty OP.

What do you mean?

I'm doing some tests on the pts and with this new crazy health recover magdk is literally dead. Magdk is a dot class with no burst at all, no execute, no mobility, how a magdk will kill somebody stacking 6-7-8 healthy recovery?

Magdk is one of the weak classes today and will be the worst for sure next patch.
    Edited by UntouchableHunter on February 6, 2021 4:22AM
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can only confirm, without crimson, overwhelming, grothdarr, malacath and sets like it the class performance is just not good enough. The only thing that looks like burst I use is molten whip, the extremely bad designed PvE morph.

Even if I still kill people it feels like I have to do way more than I would have needed on other classes.
    EU PC
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    Can only confirm, without crimson, overwhelming, grothdarr, malacath and sets like it the class performance is just not good enough. The only thing that looks like burst I use is molten whip, the extremely bad designed PvE morph.

Even if I still kill people it feels like I have to do way more than I would have needed on other classes.

We put the other players with 4%, 5% health and we are not able to execute, the Leap is not working most of the time and sometimes we need to use to get resources. Then the staminas players use vigor and got full health with rally, so we need to work again.

But when the out us with 50% health we are about to die for sure. Our heal is a shame and for us is hard to back to the fight.

I'm just learning to play with my stamdk now, but is so easy the heals are good, the mobility is better, Dzswing hit like a truck and Executioner is a game over.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat team should bring back the old Dk wings.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best current healing approach for mDKs seems to be 1) run higher health recovery on back bar, and 2) make sure to hit igneous/frag shield before coagulating. Also shield ult or magma shell to help turn the tables.
    Edited by Kartalin on February 8, 2021 1:53PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ZOS did to magdk:

Nerfed wings
    Nerfed leap
    Nerfed spike
    Nerfed stun
    Nerfed all DoT (this is a DoT class and suffered the most)
    Added high cost
    No execution
    Lack of range
    Low mobility (as a melee class with low damage)
    Low burst and most DOT can be purged

I don't see many magdks at PvP, and I guess every TWO HUNDRED skills I saw on death recap showed ONE magdk skill...

If some people still think that magdks need to be further nerfed, ask yourself how often do you see magdks on your death recap?

I heard that Magdks are still good at PvE tanks, but ZOS killed this class at PvP.
    Edited by LightYagami on February 9, 2021 2:10AM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you've read the patch note, you'd know that light and heavy armor will have some buffs and penalties, light armor users will be damaged heavier by stam skills. Medium armor won't have any penalty but only buffs.

RIP mag PvP.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.