The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Markarth Style Mats

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I posted previously about the Fryse Willow mat for Reachmen furnishings being locked behind a group dungeon, but didn’t get much attention other than a “buy it in guild store” response.

Well, I am also concerned about the availability of Arkthzand Sprockets. I am seriously thinking of buying the Aerie when it goes on sale. Based on the number of Starmetal that I have used in Thieves Oasis to furnish it to half full (about 700 Starmetal at this point), I looked at my 100 Sprockets and started to worry.

I have done all 4 Markarth dailies for 30 days on one toon, and about 2/3 on a second. I have completed the zone content on one, and deconstructed all gear when I get it. Note that the Radiant Bastion set is in the style that uses the Arkthzand Sprockets, and deconning them will yield style mats occasionally.

One thing I have noticed is that the Arkthzand Sprockets don’t have a guaranteed drop from the delve and world boss dailies. I am fairly certain that Alinor and Elsweyr had a 100% chance of their style mats to drop. Why is this region more restrictive?

Also, there is the Voidcaller gear in the Nighthollow style that drops there, yet no style mats are obtained if you decon them. Same for the Witch-Knight set which is Wayward Guardian style. Will these sets yield mats from deconning in the future when Wayward Guardian motif pages drop from those dailies? What about the Nighthollow? I haven’t heard of any plans for that style to become available.

Is this planned, or just a huge oversight? It takes time to accumulate mats for furnishings and crafting. Can someone explain the rationale behind this, if there is one?

You are delaying the purchase of the Aerie until most players have already completed the content, and even when you get the house you will be unable to furnish it properly given the mats you have accumulated from endless grinding. This is not a recipe for player satisfaction.

EDIT: hmm maybe should have put this in the Housing Section instead
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on January 22, 2021 2:44PM
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can honestly farm Delve/World Bosses for gear to deconstruct for mats, or use Mimic Stones to craft gear then deconstruct it for the mats.

And generally speaking, gear won't return the style material when deconstructed unless the motif is also available or will be available soon. Been that way as long as I know.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on January 22, 2021 8:05PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    You can honestly farm Delve/World Bosses for gear to deconstruct for mats, or use Mimic Stones to craft gear then deconstruct it for the mats.

And generally speaking, gear won't return the style material when deconstructed unless the motif is also available or will be available soon. Been that way as long as I know.

That’s incredibly disappointing. I guess I have not really paid attention before, then.

I’ve surely deconstructed hundreds of both Voidcaller and Witch-Knight gear and the thought of all those mats I could have gotten from them...

Like I said I am deconning Radiant Bastion gear for Sprockets but I don’t think I want to use Mimic Stones for the chance at getting them that way. Is no one else bothered by only getting a chance for the mat from the daily quest?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• jenjersnap
    jenjersnap
    Soul Shriven
    I know one way is to buy one of the ice reach motifs (maybe you already have one). Then go to a set crafting station in Markarth and do it in the Icereach style. Make it Lvl 1 of whatever motif you have using a crown mimic stone instead of the Fryss Willow (if you have mimic stones). Then deconstruct those crafted pieces and you should get back a willow and Markarth Style ark thing. Hope it helps or at least gives you a different option!